Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:09 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold

It seems like Hilton International is not part of this year's point stretchers.

Emailing [email protected] about this has yet to yield a lucid answer.

Old Mar 2, 2004, 11:57 am

Utilizing the link from hhonors.com to look at hotel rewards and then clicking on point stretchers as opposed to looking at the PDF site, I found hotels throughout the US, as well as a few in Mexico and Canada. This would go against the theory of no international point stretchers as it was stated above by another that a Hilton CS agent told them-although pickings are pretty slim outside the US as far as I can tell.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone tried using the faxback option? If so, did you get a complete list of PS hotels that way?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SECKART:
Utilizing the link from hhonors.com to look at hotel rewards and then clicking on point stretchers as opposed to looking at the PDF site, I found hotels throughout the US, as well as a few in Mexico and Canada. This would go against the theory of no international point stretchers as it was stated above by another that a Hilton CS agent told them-although pickings are pretty slim outside the US as far as I can tell. </font>
Thanks for posting this...it's a bit tricky to get the results.
I checked other countries in Europe, South America ... - NONE OF THEM HAD POINT STRETCHER DATES!!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SECKART:
This would go against the theory of no international point stretchers</font>

Thats because I didn't say international point stretchers. I said Hilton International the entity. Hilton International is a separately managed from Hilton USA/Canada/Mexico & Conrad. It would appear to be that Hilton International has decided to not participate. It would be nice if Adam would weigh in for us.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:03 pm

My response was in reply to this message by KBrownCA:

Can anyone tell me if there are likely to be any point stretcher nights in England, Scotland or Wales this summer? I was just told by a rep at the HHonors desk that she has never seen any point strectcher nights at international hotels.

While I didn't find any European point stretchers, I did find international hotels and I wanted to share how to locate them for those who had not had success. I hardly think my response should cause hostility, doglover, since I was replying to a comment that KBrownCA stated was made by Hilton Customer Service Rep-not any poster on this site.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:20 pm

An additional comment on the issue brought forth by doglover about what hotels belong to Hilton International and what hotels belong to the Hilton Corporation, according to the Question and Answer section of the Hilton Corporate Website
http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir...&script=1801#6

Q.What is the relationship between Hilton Hotels Corporation and Hilton International?

A.In 1964 Hilton Hotels Corporation sold the rights to the Hilton brand outside of the United States. Today, the Hilton brand, outside of the United States, is owned by Hilton Group plc (formerly Ladbroke Group PLC), and its wholly owned subsidiary Hilton International Co., owns the rights to the Hilton name outside of the United States. Hilton Group plc is a separately traded entity based in the United Kingdom and trades on the London Stock Exchange. A worldwide strategic sales and marketing alliance, which in effect unites the brand on a global scale from the customer's perspective, exists between the two companies.

Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
I'm so tired of this being a hunt that takes forever to complete with little (if any) results. Can't we just get the freaking list of point stretchers? It's so tiring. I mean, I hate to complain because the way I see my HHonors points is that they're just a total freebie. An utter perk. Whatever I squeeze out of them, that's great. But I like a certain degree of ease in use ... I haven't had any nasty experience with capacity controls, and I haven't had trouble redeeming awards, but come on already ... it would be so helpful to be able to look at what's available rather than the hit-or-miss game of guessing what might and might not be there.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 2:52 pm

.... I was just told by a rep at the HHonors desk that she has never seen any point strectcher nights at international hotels.....
</font>
That's not true! I know for sure that Hilton Berlin had Point Stretcher dates.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 2:59 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
These reps are so unbelievably badly trained. A few days ago, I spoke to two reps who both told me they had never heard of a GLON.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
IMHO, The Hilton Corp. is not ready to release the PS data. They are probably behind and do not have all the information. Most likely the marketing department has been screaming for this so, they released a "half baked" blurb to satify the deadline.

I'm sure they are going to revise this in the near future.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 5:19 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Well, "Hallelujah", they just managed to post PDF files that are "complete"...at least, more than 1 page.

However, international properties are still not included.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
However, international properties are still not included.</font>
Of course they are -- you can choose Point Stretchers by country, can't you? Non US hotels are listed in special invisible ink so they stand out!

Old Mar 2, 2004, 5:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKEM:
IMHO, The Hilton Corp. is not ready to release the PS data. They are probably behind and do not have all the information. Most likely the marketing department has been screaming for this so, they released a "half baked" blurb to satify the deadline.

I'm sure they are going to revise this in the near future.
</font>
Well, I hope you are right and they will add some more and revise it.

But still...Hilton, Hilton...ts ts ts... (shaking head)...

Old Mar 2, 2004, 5:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
Of course they are -- you can choose Point Stretchers by country, can't you? Non US hotels are listed in special invisible ink so they stand out!

</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.