Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2004, 3:42 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Adam Burke:
Hello everyone. First of all, we apologize for the incomplete information you've received on the topic. To clarify, Point Stretchers are NOT being discontinued. We do not, however, have any dates established for January or February due to some internal reward processing changes. These changes won't affect the Point Stretcher structure -- it will still represent 40% off the standard reward price.

We clearly haven't done an adequate job of sharing this information with our reps, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. At this point, we expect to announce new Point Stretcher dates sometime in February for stays from March 1 forward.

I hope this helps clear things up. Best wishes to all this holiday season.

Regards,

Adam
</font>

Hello Adam, I am aware you said sometime in February, but it's already the 2nd!!!

Just kidding...but as you will probably understand, many of us are looking to make some travel plans and we would very much appreciate it if some good news about the availability of point stretcher dates or at least about when the announcement will be made would be available sooner rather than later.

Many thanks for your understanding and a short heads-up would be appreciated .
Old Feb 2, 2004, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:

Hello Adam, I am aware you said sometime in February, but it's already the 2nd!!!

Just kidding...but as you will probably understand, many of us are looking to make some travel plans and we would very much appreciate it if some good news about the availability of point stretcher dates or at least about when the announcement will be made would be available sooner rather than later.

Many thanks for your understanding and a short heads-up would be appreciated .
</font>

I do believe Adam said it will NOT happen till about March 1st.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:

I do believe Adam said it will NOT happen till about March 1st.
</font>
Adam Burke said the LIST OF DATES AVAILABLE would come out sometime in February, with AVAILABILITY starting March 1. We would just like to see the list as early as possible in order to make travel plans from March 1 forward.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 6:37 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jassy-50:
Adam Burke said the LIST OF DATES AVAILABLE would come out sometime in February, with AVAILABILITY starting March 1. We would just like to see the list as early as possible in order to make travel plans from March 1 forward.</font>
Exactly .
Old Feb 7, 2004, 6:08 pm

Programs: Many
2004 Point Stretchers starting to trickle out?

Was just doing a search on the beta.hilton.com site for some dates at Tokyo Hilton in March, and what does it tell me but that a 6 night PS award is available for the dates I input.

Old Feb 7, 2004, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by unagi1:
Was just doing a search on the beta.hilton.com site for some dates at Tokyo Hilton in March, and what does it tell me but that a 6 night PS award is available for the dates I input.

</font>
Cool! I stayed there last year on a GLON. You will enjoy your stay there.

Old Feb 7, 2004, 7:17 pm

What dates did you check? I just tried a whole bunch of dates and could not get a point stretcher rate to be displayed...
Old Feb 7, 2004, 7:29 pm

Alright, I just tried it with a hotel in Seoul, and even though it shows point stretcher availability when I check the appropriate reward code, when I get to the actual booking stage, it wants the full amount of points for a standard reward from me...
Old Feb 7, 2004, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold

I've noticed that searching by reward code simply doesn't work on the beta site.

If you enter PC401 for example... all the site does is return every 4 level hotel within the city/country you searched.

Not helpful at all.

The million dollar question... were you actually able to BOOK the PS for 6 nights?
Old Feb 7, 2004, 7:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doglover:

I've noticed that searching by reward code simply doesn't work on the beta site.

If you enter PC401 for example... all the site does is return every 4 level hotel within the city/country you searched.
</font>
I had a different experience. When there was no availability, using PC401 would not help...

And sometimes there was no availability with the PC code, but there was availability with the regular C code.

Therefore, I am wondering whether the point stretcher dates are (at least partially) already in the system, but just cannot be booked yet. If that was the case, the searches would at least give you an indication of point stretcher availability.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 12:34 am

Programs: Many
The dates I tried at Tokyo Hilton were:
In: 3/20
Out: 3/26

I did not actually try and book, I was just trolling for award availability.

Interestingly...now when I put in the same dates, it shows as sold out for award res.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 7:09 am

I searched the beta site last night and found Point Stretcher dates in December for Hilton Singapore (none available for Conrad Singapore.)

I did not book online because I had a few questions. I called the Diamond Desk and it was able to book the December Point Stretcher dates for me.

The agent told me that the beta site will be taken down soon due to problems that Hilton hopes to resolve soon.

The agent also told me that when Point Stretcher dates are announced, they will show all dates through the end of 2004.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:05 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, Hyatt Discoverist
Looks like it's down now. Couldn't get on in several tries.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bamboola:
The agent also told me that when Point Stretcher dates are announced, they will show all dates through the end of 2004.</font>
bamboola:
It looks that you got a well informed, professional agent.
Could she tell you when the Point Stretcher dates will be posted on the Hilton website?
Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USAFAN:
bamboola:
It looks that you got a well informed, professional agent.
Could she tell you when the Point Stretcher dates will be posted on the Hilton website?
Thanks
</font>
PAGING ADAM BURKE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.