Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2003, 6:37 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JudyJFLA:
I had the same question and wrote to hilton, this is the reply:

Thank you for your e-mail, On reviewing your request, the Points Stretcher dates will not become available till the end of December. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email or call the service center at: 800-548-8690 or 972-788-0878 if you are calling internationally. Best regards, Mario
</font>

This would imply that there WILL be point stretcher dates.

This whole confusion is an embarrassment to Hilton.

It would be great if Adam Burke could drop by and clear up this confusion.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 6:40 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I got NO reply to my e-mail to our Special Address.
We want Adam! We want Adam!

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!
Old Dec 16, 2003, 6:42 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Perhaps Eugene could help us get a response from Adam Burke?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 8:31 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Have they ever been announced before the end of the year? They certainly weren't last year (the first year I cared).
Old Dec 17, 2003, 10:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdhenry:
Have they ever been announced before the end of the year? They certainly weren't last year (the first year I cared).</font>
Yes, but this year, some HH agents are giving out the info that they are going to be discontinued, which is why some clarification would be good.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">This would imply that there WILL be point stretcher dates.</font>
Depends on exactly when she got that reply. If she got it before Hilton had many any decision to discontinue PointStretchers, they it would be meaningless now.

I also called and inquired and got a very curt "they are being discontinued" response. However it was from a very cranky and rude agent, so I take that into account as to credibility.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 1:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
I also called and inquired and got a very curt "they are being discontinued" response. However it was from a very cranky and rude agent, so I take that into account as to credibility. </font>
I also called and got a very helpful CSR who said that to the best of his knowledge, Point Stretchers are not being discontinued, and the new list will be available after January 1. Now, I wouldn't put that agent's credibility any higher than the one's PremEx spoke with, so the bottom line is that we still do not have any definitive answer.

I will send Adam an e-mail and see if he could clarify it for us. Hopefully, he is in the office, and we'll hear from him soon.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 2:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
I will send Adam an e-mail and see if he could clarify it for us. Hopefully, he is in the office, and we'll hear from him soon.</font>

Thanks Eugene . I hope they will not be discontinued!

Also, is there a schedule when/if they will reclassify their properties for HHonors purposes or does it just work on a case by case basis and the only way to find out is to check on the website?

[This message has been edited by attorney28 (edited Dec 17, 2003).]
Old Dec 17, 2003, 2:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Just for the sake of tossing in another CSR response, I just called and asked about PS possibilities for 2004. She told me she hadn't heard anything about new dates -- either when they would be available or if they would available at all. So no help there. Why is there often so much uncertainty about what the heck Hilton is actually doing? It gets frustrating. I've been dying to know the new PS dates.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 4:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
is there a schedule when/if they will reclassify their properties for HHonors purposes or does it just work on a case by case basis and the only way to find out is to check on the website?</font>
It's typically done on a case by case basis. They used to summarize this information in the newsletters, but even then it was usually after the fact.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 9:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I find it hard to believe that Point Stretchers would be discontinued, simply because participation by individual properties is voluntary. Likewise, properties choose their own categorization, which is why you see the occasional cat 4 or 5 Hampton.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 9:14 pm

Did a "search" on Point Stretchers for last year, and the list was "posted" around December 19, 2002. So, maybe we need to wait a couple of more days.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:35 pm

I contacted someone high up at Hilton corporate and received the correct information:

Point Stretcher award dates for 2004 will be announced mid-February. There won't be any Point Stretcher award dates in January or February. Call center managers have received this information so they can follow up with their agents.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

on them not being discontinued (I hope).

on them not offering any until March.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 1:11 pm

Point stretchers are available for January!

I just called to make a reservation for Innsbruck in January expecting to get a standard reward and they offered me a point stretcher. My stay is on Jan. 12. Now why does a hotel in a major ski resort offer point stretchers in january?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.