Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2002, 7:20 am

Please forgive me for being such a noob, but I can't seem to find point stretcher dates for either of the Amsterdam hotels. Are they simply not posted or am I looking in the wrong place?

I'm looking so find a weekend in April which I'm sure won't have any availability.

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2002, 8:58 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bznotins:
I can't seem to find point stretcher dates for either of the Amsterdam hotels. Are they simply not posted or am I looking in the wrong place?

I'm looking so find a weekend in April which I'm sure won't have any availability.
</font>
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/h...tyhocn=AM****W

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/h...tyhocn=SPLHITW

From the Hilton homepage, click on "FIND A HOTEL" and enter Amsterdam, NL. Select Hotel name from list. On the left edge of the hotel description page is a link labeled "Hilton HHonors." Click here to find award level, Point Stretcher dates, etc.

As discussed elsewhere in this thread, the 2003 dates aren't posted yet, but both hotels have PS periods in the second half of December 2002.

Your guess is probably correct: the objective of Point Stretcher dates is to cover periods of low demand, so you probably won't find a PS during Tulip time.

PDH

Edited to add: Hey, the first link doesn't work - replace the four stars with a four letter word synonymous with 'poop,' starting with S and ending with T. It's not me, it's how Hilton names their web pages.

[This message has been edited by pdhenry (edited 10-30-2002).]
Old Oct 30, 2002, 10:54 am

Thanks pdhendry, you have no idea how long I surfed around trying to find that. Not quite obvious to me (I thought that "Hilton Honors" link would just send me back to the HH site...).

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2002, 12:57 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
They need to post the 2003 dates soon. I'll be in Hong Kong from Jan 2-5 and wanted to use a point stretcher at the Conrad if possible.. though the HKD1305 rate isn't bad.
Old Nov 3, 2002, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
I know what you mean.
I am going to Hong Kong in mid-January and want to use some of my points.

I will call HK tomorrow. If I find out anything, I'll post it on FT.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 2:36 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
When do next year point stretcher hotels get announced?

I keep on checking and checking. How long until we know?

Can we call the hotel or reservations or is it just too early?
Old Nov 11, 2002, 2:05 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
The answer is nobody really knows. Do a search and you'll find many other recent threads asking the same question, and other people posting guesses based on history.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 6:35 am

Don't know about all hotels butsome are showing 2003 dates. I checked the Waldorf and theirs are listed.
Papa3
Old Nov 11, 2002, 6:51 am

Sorry for the post above - it is not entirely accurate. I called Hilton and even though the blackout dates are listed the Waldorf has not released PS dates yet.
Papa3
Old Nov 14, 2002, 4:05 pm

Looks like the Point Stretcher dates through June 2003 are posted
Old Nov 14, 2002, 4:56 pm

I chcked the 2003 PS awards dates, and yep they are there in the drop down box on the HIlton Hotel rewards area, but many of the hotels i'm trying to find awards in Jan/Feb 03, either

1. haven't decided on jan/feb 03 awards yet
2. have none available (or at any time in 03)

Such as thailand, taiwan, tokyo, hk. Has anyone tried calling HH and asked if these were available for PS awards?
Old Nov 14, 2002, 6:10 pm

I just went to the website and check for every single country and every single US State for Jan '03 and no point stretchers are posted for anywhere in the world for that month. I haven't bothered to check other months, but I suspect that although the "hotel rewards" page at the hhonors website lists point stretcher dates through June 2003, that no dates in fact have been posted for anywhere yet. It does look like this may be the first step in the process of posting them. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old Nov 15, 2002, 2:42 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hhonorman:
I suspect that although the "hotel rewards" page at the hhonors website lists point stretcher dates through June 2003, that no dates in fact have been posted for anywhere yet. It does look like this may be the first step in the process of posting them. Hopefully it will be soon.</font>
Yes, it's the first sighting of reindeer to us children eagerly awaiting Santa Claus !

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!
Old Nov 15, 2002, 2:54 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Thanks all. Never would have gotten the jump on it otherwise.

Now, If anyone has any luck booking a point stretcher.... would ya let us know. I'll do the same
Old Nov 15, 2002, 7:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I just got off the phone with the redemption desk. My CSR told me she has booked Point Stretchers for 2003 in the US and even in London at the airport.

She swore up and down she herself had done this (not "a friend" at work).

So it looks like some properties may have PS available by calling redemption desk, even if they aren't published on the web.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.