Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdated and Obsolete Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Dates: The Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold

The search function is now working.

But of course other than the handful of conrads I cannot find a single international hilton (so far) with PS space.

Last year we saw a significant reduction in PS hotels and this year it appears to be yet another drastic cutback.

So much for using PS on my vacation this year.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 6:47 pm

I talked to rep at HH today and she told me there will be no cat1 in PS this year.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 9:23 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bbbb:
I talked to rep at HH today and she told me there will be no cat1 in PS this year.</font>
Depending on the property, I don't know if I should call HH cheapos or not. However, I sure would have liked to have had a small notice on the HHonors website.

[This message has been edited by Cygnus X-1 (edited Mar 01, 2004).]
Old Mar 1, 2004, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
No Cat 1 PS all year? Not just until the end of June? I am really stuck since I cleaned out a family member's account who will not be traveling anymore. If I have to buy points, it will cost the same as just buying the room. Bummer. Who expected that?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I didn't check yesterday but now they seem to have a different one-page .pdf file available for each of the Hilton, Conrad, Embassy, Doubletree, Hampton, HGI, and Homewood brands. Of course Scanding is not listed, and the Hampton .pdf announces that "at this time there are no Point Stretcher dates available for 2004..."

It would be *SO* much easier if they listed all the hotels together in one document. But then again, it's not too difficult to browse everything given that there are almost no dates and no hotels posted at all.

Count me as another one of the disappointed.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 6:24 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
No Cat. 1 PS, that is highly disappointing, as well as the fact that this was not communicated by Adam in his message, I would think that it is quite relevant.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 6:39 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Ugh, and the PDF files still only have the first page as of this morning. I really wanted to book a couple of these soon. At least the search function is working, making it tedious. But that means more satisfaction at finding the reward, right? ... Right?
Old Mar 2, 2004, 6:50 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gutt22:
Ugh, and the PDF files still only have the first page as of this morning.</font>
One day, and they did not fix that.

That is amateurish.

Old Mar 2, 2004, 7:58 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
One day, and they did not fix that.

That is amateurish.

</font>
I agree -- after all, it's obvious they have the freaking file with the PS dates ready to go, but they can't get it all converted to PDF and uploaded? Yeah right. Keystone Kops here. It's a little ridiculous.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 8:07 am
Suspended

PDF is crap. Hilton, just use .txt or a text based .html and FTP the file. I mean, give us a break.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 8:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stngfn:
I can't seem to get any point stretchers anywhere in Europe. They took down the note about them being available March 1, but there is still nothing. Anyone have any luck with Europe in May 04?

I read the post re: Open Letter to Adam Burke and it looks like they should be up today, but nothing yet..

</font>
I looked for GERMANY & FRANCE - NO Point Stretcher dates!!!
Old Mar 2, 2004, 8:20 am
Suspended

Moreover, and more to the point, it is clear that they obviously know which hotels will have point stretchers post 6/30/04 as Family Flyer had said, for there are certain hotels listed as having Point Stretchers, but there are no dates in the months already released.

Therefore, their specific Point Stretcher dates are already known, but come after 6/30/04.

Wanna bet that they don't release those dates until July 1, 2004, well after the time many of us would like to know if there are certain P/S available for our summer vacations!

This is beyond amateurish. You would htink that Adam would again provide us with at the very least a mea culpa re the screw up concerning the PDF files. However, I doubt that he will.

The presence of a Hilton Lurker to help us is in name only.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 9:30 am

Can anyone tell me if there are likely to be any point stretcher nights in England, Scotland or Wales this summer? I was just told by a rep at the HHonors desk that she has never seen any point strectcher nights at international hotels.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by xyzzy:
[B]It would be *SO* much easier if they listed all the hotels together in one document. B]</font>
When in the PS search function, if you don't enter a state and just "United States" as the country, up will pop 134 Hilton family hotels listed in alphabetical order by city name. Believe this is mor comprehensive than scrolling through individual PDF files by brand.

[This message has been edited by milesmilesmiles (edited Mar 02, 2004).]
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remember when they used to mail (well in advance) a small little glossy insert with your statement that listed all the PointStretcher properties and dates.

It was so very easy to just scan through that for properties of interest and then the date ranges.

I really miss those.

And I do have to opinion that especially in the year following a major increase in the points required for Standard awards...that HHonors should have had PointStretchers polished to perfection to help soften the blow.

They should know that PointStretchers are naturally going to become much more important to the membership than ever before, because of the much higher point cost for Standard awards.

What a horrible time to have dropped the ball on PointStrechers, IMHO.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited Mar 02, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.