Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2002, 9:01 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Anyone have any recent experiences at the HWV? I'm heading over on Saturday (Jan. 12) for 6 nights on an ALON and wondering what people's recent experiences have been. For what its worth, I'm a HH gold.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 7:16 pm
vandykes44

I am HH gold and my husband and I returned from a 6 night stay in November. We were upgraded to an executive ocean view suite with lounge access without even asking. It was ready for us when we arrived at 11:00 our first night. My theory is that they "knew" we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted to make our stay even more enjoyable.

Old Feb 5, 2002, 6:29 am

Waikoloa is so crowd!

I want to have 1week vacation at Hilton Waikoloa in April or May or June.
So I call Hilton resavation office,and a clerk told "oh,that's too bad!everyday in April through June are not available for reward stay"
Do you have any recommendation to be able to get 1week reward stay at waikoloa?
I will not be able to have any long vacation from July.
Old Feb 5, 2002, 7:51 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk captainkenta!!

While I have not tried it, some on the Hilton board have suggested calling the property directly to see if they have award space. This seems to have worked for some. Good luck.
Old Feb 5, 2002, 9:15 am

Thank you for your nice advice.
I try it right now!
Old Feb 5, 2002, 11:16 am

I had that problem for an upcoming March 2002 stay... When I called the property directly, they were able to find some award space for me.
Old Feb 5, 2002, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
I had been calling the main HHonors number for weeks trying to get a room using ALON for June 2nd to the 8th and was told there was nothing available. I just got off the phone with the hotel and they made an exception and I have my room now. Yea!
Old Feb 5, 2002, 3:08 pm

Do Diamonds also have this problem, or do the Diamond benefits allow you around the capacity controls?

I ask because I am considering the value of making Diamond this year and the ability to get around capacity controls is one of the benefits that most interests me.
Old Feb 5, 2002, 5:07 pm

There are no blackout dates for Diamonds. In reality, there are also no capacity controls, but sometimes you need to make a few calls.
Old Feb 5, 2002, 6:45 pm

Is there a way to have a Hilton Diamond get an ALON for certain dates and then transfer this award or the dates or res to someone else (a measely HH Gold), who can't seem to get around the capacity controls?
Would even maybe swap some UA certs or more HH points or whatever, but the points aren't good if you can't use them...(I want late December dates and they are blocking them out even now).

[/B][/QUOTE]

Old Feb 6, 2002, 8:14 am

I called Waikoloa directly and was told no space for ALON stay.
They have only 3-consective nights and complete 7nights are in September.
Old Feb 6, 2002, 10:06 pm

I received nice info from Hhonors service center and GET 1week free stay in May!!!
But...they have only garden view room.
I'm a Hhonors Gold VIP member.
Can I get any room upgrade at Waikoloa like other Hilton?
Old Feb 7, 2002, 10:51 am

Programs: Craftsman Tool Club - Silver Socket
Waikoloa HI Kids Camp Question

Thinking about an award stay at Waikoloa with the wife and kid and have a question about the kid camp there (Menehune ). Does anyone know if this runs year round? Also if you had any good or bad experience with this I would like to hear them. I read all of the Waikoloa threads in the search and found no mention of the camp.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 6:36 pm

Programs: CO Plat, UA PE, F9 Summit, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I just booked ALON in April, started in Mid-week Tuesday and had no problem, cert on the way. I am Diamond but they did not say if that made a difference or not. Good Luck.
Old Feb 7, 2002, 8:55 pm
E

I've booked my ALON stay for next January 5-11 with no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.