Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:43 pm

A or B Side

Never rented at MCO before, Does it matter which side (A or B) I go to? I rented through Priceline and nothing is specified in the email.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by shablagoo
Never rented at MCO before, Does it matter which side (A or B) I go to? I rented through Priceline and nothing is specified in the email.
If you include flight details and you're a gold member with your # included in the reservation, they might pre-assign you a car in the terminal corresponding to your airline. You can still go to the other one, they'll just have to re-assign you at the booth.
Otherwise, no it doesn't matter, you can go to which ever is more convenient.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up last Saturday at 5 PM from the B Side

You know Henry Ford's quote you can have any color you want as long as it's black? This should be you can have any rental car you want as long as it's a small SUV. I ended up in a Honda CR-V with 9,000 miles.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:24 am

Arrived yesterday at 8 pm and PC (B side) had four cars - an Accord, Camry, small Hyundai of some kind and a Jetta. Went in and ask the desk if they had anything coming up and she said no. Told me to take something from 5S or gold because “they are all the same cars anyway.” I asked why the have elite status areas and she just stared at me. Probably the worst selection I’ve ever seen.

I got a 2017 (!) Rouge with 55k (!) miles from 5S.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I showed up late night Sunday (technically wee hours of Monday morning) and found very uninspiring cars on PC B side. A bit sad to see a Hyundai Venue there, with a starting MSRP of sub-20k. I took a nice Mazda CX-9 from Gold (makes no sense that this is in Gold and the Venue et al were in PC) with 18k miles. At a glance, the second nicest car was a RAV4 XLE, also in Gold.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:43 pm

Arrived at TPA 3 days ago and took a 2021 Subaru Outback with 26k Miles from PC. Working Sirius/XM, ACC and LED headlights. I‘m really fine with it, but it makes some terrible sound from the rear rims over 45mph.
Does anybody knows the situation at MCO and if I can change over the car easily to another car from PC there?
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:06 pm

Typically yes. You have to call National Roadside service first - tell them there is a mechanical issue with the vehicle and you want to exchange it at MCO. If you don't contact National Roadside first, YMMV...

Originally Posted by rundy
Arrived at TPA 3 days ago and took a 2021 Subaru Outback with 26k Miles from PC. Working Sirius/XM, ACC and LED headlights. I‘m really fine with it, but it makes some terrible sound from the rear rims over 45mph.
Does anybody knows the situation at MCO and if I can change over the car easily to another car from PC there?
Ordpc likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:44 am

Need a large suv or minivan

I’ve got an upcoming trip where i will need a minivan or bigger SUV - we get in around 12pm on a weekday.

I have Hertz Presidents circle and National Executive Elite. Thoughts on if I’ll be able to
Get the kind of car I need via the status area(s) or should I just secure one by reservation?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by Ashwin Lakhi
I’ve got an upcoming trip where i will need a minivan or bigger SUV - we get in around 12pm on a weekday.

I have Hertz Presidents circle and National Executive Elite. Thoughts on if I’ll be able to
Get the kind of car I need via the status area(s) or should I just secure one by reservation?
Make a reservation, don't rely on the status areas for those. Minivans are in high demand at MCO - I had one reserved at Avis this weekend and needed to change the arrival date by one day and they're sold out of minivans. Fortunately Hertz still had them available so I made a reservation with Hertz. A coworker is in Orlando now, he said every restaurant along I-Drive is a 2 hour wait. Sounds like tourism is back in full force!
bobert24 and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Last edited by paule123; Mar 6, 2022 at 11:11 am
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ashwin Lakhi

I was at Hertz MCO today and had reserved a minivan. Went to PC and it was all generic smallish cars and crossovers, no minivans, no SUVs. The staff told me that minivans always need to be assigned, you can't just grab one. So I had to wait for a bit at the Gold desk in the parking structure to have an agent assign me a van. They keep the minivans in a special area at the back of the lot and they had plenty of them.
bobert24 and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:32 am

Hi all!

I'm new to flyertalk and would like to start with a question that I unfortunately can't answer myself from Germany.
Is there a (gold?) choice line in MCO and if so, which models are currently available for the T4 and H4 classes?
It could be that someone picked up their vehicle there in the last few days and can give me brand new information about it....

I also award karma points for it

Thanks!
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by Tomda; Mar 17, 2022 at 5:57 pm Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by paule123
I was at Hertz MCO today and had reserved a minivan. Went to PC and it was all generic smallish cars and crossovers, no minivans, no SUVs. The staff told me that minivans always need to be assigned, you can't just grab one. So I had to wait for a bit at the Gold desk in the parking structure to have an agent assign me a van. They keep the minivans in a special area at the back of the lot and they had plenty of them.
Any idea what model Minivans HZ MCO had in stock? I've got one reserved for next weekend.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Utskicat
Any idea what model Minivans HZ MCO had in stock? I've got one reserved for next weekend.
I got a Chrysler Pacifica with all the bells and whistles which was a fantastic vehicle for our group of 7 adults. Large navigation screen, big moonroof, pushbutton automatic 3rd row seat stowage, heated/cooled front seats and a built in vacuum. So much better than the Dodge Caravans I usually get. Everybody commented how nice it was.
Old May 22, 2022, 9:08 pm

Pathetic selections today in the afternoon, both A and B sides only got Q4/F/B4 etc stuff. One Edge ST was in PC but taken, later a murano pulled in. Most F/Q4 were used cars. UC not full, reserved was full. An 2022 HRV, an Ioniq, some CX-5 and 1 old escape were in compact zone. Overall PC/gold/zone 3 have no difference. Staff at exit said that the availability of UC at this location has no pattern to follow at all and that’s also my observation. But this afternoon was particularly bad.

This location has been reducing UC’s size for a while. 5 star not existed any more it’s just PC and gold, even then PC has reduced its size too, down to just one lane in B side and possibly 2 lanes in A side. Not too sure how many status matched PC that never rented from hertz before and free 5S from promotion suddenly emerged, that hertz needs to take the move this drastically to even out things. Cars in PC are so quickly being picked by people that I was almost sure that they directed all 5S to PC, well, that is just almost everybody then.

More and more reserved area has been put in place and anything good like new Q4s and Fs (such as the new Camry) or high trim Fs (such as sonata limited/Camry XSE) were in reserved only. This place in general is stingy in putting anything higher than L in UC (occasionally seen L4s/Q50/I/U in UC but very rare). If you need anything you really need to reserve it. Never seen a minivan in UC ever.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by corolla; May 24, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Old May 24, 2022, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by corolla
Pathetic selections today in the afternoon, both A and B sides only got Q4/F/B4 etc stuff. One Edge ST was in PC but taken, later a murano pulled in. Most F/Q4 were used cars. UC not full, reserved was full. An 2022 HRV, an Ioniq, some CX-5 and 1 old escape were in compact zone. Overall PC/gold/zone 3 have no difference. Staff at exit said that the availability of UC at this location has no pattern to follow at all and that’s also my observation. But this afternoon was particularly bad.

This location has been reducing UC’s size for a while. 5 star not existed any more it’s just PC and gold, even then PC has reduced its size too, down to just one lane in B side and possibly 2 lanes in A side. Not too sure how many status matched PC that never rented from hertz before and free 5S from promotion suddenly emerged, that hertz needs to take the move this drastically to even out things. Cars in PC are so quickly being picked by people that I was almost sure that they directed all 5S to PC, well, that is just almost everybody then.

More and more reserved area has been put in place and anything good like new Q4s and Fs (such as the new Camry) or high trim Fs (such as sonata limited/Camry XSE) were in reserved only. This place in general is stingy in putting anything higher than L in UC (occasionally seen L4s/Q50/I/U in UC but very rare). If you need anything you really need to reserve it. Never seen a minivan in UC ever.
slightly better tonight at A side, but still worse than every time I was here earlier this year (April and before) with this many people coming here - like I said 5S not existed anymore and they probably directed everyone to PC, this location’s UC will just look like zoo for however long they do things like they do it now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.