Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by corolla
Never seen a minivan in UC ever.
I posted upthread that the agent at MCO told me minivans always require a visit to the counter. Kinda pissed me off as a PC member. (Well not kinda, it *did* piss me off) One or two of their 3 computers was down and it took a long time to get taken care of. Meanwhile there's no formal line in place, they shoo everybody to stand outside the sliding doors, and every couple minutes there's another clueless customer walking up wondering who's in line, who's first. Just a mess. I'm referring to the counter in the parking structure where I'm used to just grabbing a car and go.

Not sure why Hertz can't see that I'm PC and assign me a minivan in a preassigned spot so that I can grab and go.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by paule123; May 24, 2022 at 11:21 pm
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Been quite a bit of time since I've been to MCO and will be there in a couple months with family.

What are the Large SUV (T) vehicles that are typically on the lot? This is my current reservation being I can't reserve a Suburban.

Seems like the Minivan (R) seems to lean toward the Pacifica based on the prior comments.

Thanks for any support!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
Been quite a bit of time since I've been to MCO and will be there in a couple months with family.

What are the Large SUV (T) vehicles that are typically on the lot? This is my current reservation being I can't reserve a Suburban.

Seems like the Minivan (R) seems to lean toward the Pacifica based on the prior comments.

Thanks for any support!
Have seen all kinds except Sequoia (I bet no one wants this thing anyway). New expeditions and Wagoneer are also here already.

​​​​​​
91StealthES and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Have seen all kinds except Sequoia (I bet no one wants this thing anyway). New expeditions and Wagoneer are also here already.

​​​​​​
Thank you. Iíd like to try the new Wagoneer, letís see what I get assigned.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:54 am

How new or how old have being the Minivan fleet by Hertz at MCO? Appreciate any experience you can share if you rented a Minivan lately by Hertz at MCO. . I Have a reservation for early September. Being a PC member I know the chances they give a free upgrade for a Full Size SUV is very low. At least a reserved a Minivan just to be sure.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by j.aroeira
How new or how old have being the Minivan fleet by Hertz at MCO? Appreciate any experience you can share if you rented a Minivan lately by Hertz at MCO. . I Have a reservation for early September. Being a PC member I know the chances they give a free upgrade for a Full Size SUV is very low. At least a reserved a Minivan just to be sure.
Full size SUV was only $150 extra for the week when I booked. If you need one, just book it.

Also, just ask attendant what the daily upgrade fee would be to move to a Full Size SUV when you are there.
Ordpc and j.aroeira like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Anyone have been there lately? I'll be arriving in mid-November, just want to know the general status of the fleet there. Any cool cars have been available at PC or just the pick-your-Camry option? Have a backup reservation at National (EE) as alternative.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:28 pm

10am Saturday, October 8, 2022

PC
Buick Envision
Toyota Highlander
Honda CRV
Ford Escape SE
Acura TLX
Subaru Legacy
Mazda CX-30
Nissan Ultuima
Ford Edge SEL
Chevrolet Equinox LT
Jeep Compass Latitude

Gold
Nissan Rogue
Ford Fusion SE
Nissan Rogue SL
Hyundai Elantra
Kia Optima S
Jeep Renegade Latitude
Ford Escape SE

Saw a new Daytona Charger and new Charger RT in reserve.

I had a large SUV reserved and was given a 2020 Ford Expedition XLT with 30,000+ miles. It was in surprisingly good shape with the typical older rental car smell, but I was disappointed I wasnít given the brand new Suburban Z71 in reserve or the brand new Suburban Premium sitting in return considering Iím PC.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by 91StealthES
10am Saturday, October 8, 2022

PC
Buick Envision
Toyota Highlander
Honda CRV
Ford Escape SE
Acura TLX
Subaru Legacy
Mazda CX-30
Nissan Ultuima
Ford Edge SEL
Chevrolet Equinox LT
Jeep Compass Latitude

Gold
Nissan Rogue
Ford Fusion SE
Nissan Rogue SL
Hyundai Elantra
Kia Optima S
Jeep Renegade Latitude
Ford Escape SE

Saw a new Daytona Charger and new Charger RT in reserve.

I had a large SUV reserved and was given a 2020 Ford Expedition XLT with 30,000+ miles. It was in surprisingly good shape with the typical older rental car smell, but I was disappointed I wasnít given the brand new Suburban Z71 in reserve or the brand new Suburban Premium sitting in return considering Iím PC.
In this case probably just go to the counter to ask about the Z71. If itís not assigned to anyone they should give it to you without a problem.

Looks like it recovered a little bit from oversold in the middle of the past week. Arrived here earlier this week at B side past midnight, only Bolts and Savanas were available in PC. Gold empty. Reserved was 1/4 full at best. Eventually drove away with a Prius in compact zone. How impressive.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 6:22 am

In this case probably just go to the counter to ask about the Z71. If itís not assigned to anyone they should give it to you without a problem.

Looks like it recovered a little bit from oversold in the middle of the past week. Arrived here earlier this week at B side past midnight, only Bolts and Savanas were available in PC. Gold empty. Reserved was 1/4 full at best. Eventually drove away with a Prius in compact zone. How impressive.
This was on A side. The Expedition was on B side for some reason. I did mention the Z71, but they said the Expedition was already assigned to me and would have a porter bring it over so I didnít need to hike over there. Reserve slots were very full. I didnít see the Premium until I was pulling out, so I canít fault them there. I had family with me, so wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
Have a Large Luxury Sedan reservation for next Nov 12 (as backup to National). Anyone knows what I may expect to get? Also have a much cheaper fullsize reservation (PC status), which I'll use if anything interesting shows up at the PC area.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by gusdalcolmo
Have a Large Luxury Sedan reservation for next Nov 12 (as backup to National). Anyone knows what I may expect to get? Also have a much cheaper fullsize reservation (PC status), which I'll use if anything interesting shows up at the PC area.
Impala or 300 would be a fair guess. PC may be worth it in that case...
gusdalcolmo likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:10 pm

Arriving on November 19. Have PC and wondering how it works if we need a large SUV or mininvan.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aebulbul
Arriving on November 19. Have PC and wondering how it works if we need a large SUV or mininvan.
If you need it, then reserve. Biggest Iíve seen at MCO UC is a 5 seater suv. Even those are rare.
Auto Enthusiast and aebulbul like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:16 am

Booked a P6 this month, any idea what I can expect at MCO, or whether I'll get any choice in the model?

Hoping for an Escalade ideally, but I'll happily take anything other than the Infiniti. Also, which agency should be my backup reservation for the best chance at an Escalade?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.