Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hertz PC, FB Explorer, HHonors & Radisson
Hi there

Being quite early here but planning person. PC Hertz Member from France with a few questions please as I'm renting in US for the first time.

confirmed booking for E9 (Tesla Model Y) for 20 days next september.with "pay later" option.1300 ish dollars does it look a fair price (60ish daily) ?

Will I need to go through the Gold member counter or can I go to the car and pay at exit booth ? Or do you recommend to call 1 or 2 days before to pay the rental with CC.to speed this up ?

Just been approved for a platinum amex card (not branded) & World Elite Mastercard if prices is better, can I update my existing booking with new CC and CDP or do I need to make a new one ?

Thanks in advance

Is there anyway to opt out of Toll by plate or do I just hang up my Visitor Toll Pass to the rear miror to be charged by this great option instead of Hertz system which is really too expensive IMHO ?

I really appreciate your help
Old May 12, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: Chase UR, Hilton Honors
Picked up from PC MCO terminal A today around 1 Pm
same poor choices as reported before.
malibus, Camry, one Camaro no V8. 1 Murano , 1 Kia Sportage, and the GMC terrain I took since it was the newest car on the lot, 5500 miles.
Gold had plenty of tired sedans
Old May 31, 2023, 7:02 pm

Dropped off at MCO 05/30
Had some time so wandered through A & B
Gold was pick your color of Altima or Impala
PC had a few smaller SUVS
B Side has literally maybe 20 spots for PC, of which 10 were full
A Side was considerably larger
Old Jun 9, 2023, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by lmsalman
I picked up a car from the PC section on the B side yesterday. I've never seen such a sad selection of Sentras, Altimas, a random Camry and Corolla. The PC section didn't look any different from the 5* next to it. Definitely down towards the bottom of selection I've seen at UC locations.
found the same thing just now. PC was mostly sedans (a lot of Malibus). Could not find 5*. Gold had three CR-Vs but one was locked and another had very dirty leather (and a dealer sticker on the back). Found a gem in Gold though - a 2023 Santa Fe with only 3k on the odometer and working satellite radio.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Arrived B Side around 1030 yesterday (Saturday). PC had a few Chevy Malibu, base Dodge Charger and Challenger, two Kia Sorrento (one with only about 4K miles on it), Volvo S90, a Toyota Camry, a Tesla Model 3, and a Polestar 2, which is what I took; it was a 2023 C4 Long Range Single Motor with about 7,500 miles on the odometer and 90% charge. I also didn't notice a 5* section. Over in Gold, the only cars I noted were a bunch of Chevy Bolt EV. The rest were unremarkable small sedan and SUV.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: National, Hertz
Picked up on the A side at midnight with a C4 Polestar reservation that was $50 cheaper than even a Manager's Special. The PC was pretty bare, maybe 40% full if that (compared to National which was almost entirely full). There were a couple of Camaros, a Camry SE, a Traverse, an Outlander that looked brand new, and a couple of Malibus. Gold looked to be all sedans, and I ended up taking the Polestar I was assigned since it was the dual motor version with only 5,000 miles and really clean.

I'll likely post about the EV experience separately but it was a hike to get to the numbered space it was in, and that area was completely full of Polestars and Model 3s, as well as one Model Y. My assigned car had a charge of 90% and there were a bunch of other EVs towards the front charging, so it looks like once they charge to 90% they park them towards the back. Between the cars charging and those parked, they had many more EVs (mostly Polestars and Model 3s, but also Bolts and Kia EV6s) than normal gasoline cars, maybe 3:1 EV:Gas.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Was there around 3 PM on A side. PC and Gold were fully stocked. Checked a few cars and mileages were in the range of 350 to 20k miles with most falling below 10k. All were clean and at least on a cursory inspection without damage.

Picked the brand new base Camaro. A little spartan but nothing beats brand new.

Took photos of the cooler stuff showcased upfront and the PC section. Gold had typical midsize sedans and SUVs mostly.

Old Aug 22, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by payam81
Was there around 3 PM on A side. PC and Gold were fully stocked. Checked a few cars and mileages were in the range of 350 to 20k miles with most falling below 10k. All were clean and at least on a cursory inspection without damage.

Picked the brand new base Camaro. A little spartan but nothing beats brand new.

Took photos of the cooler stuff showcased upfront and the PC section. Gold had typical midsize sedans and SUVs mostly.
Curious what they charge you on the Camaro. Had a newbie co-worker (Gold) pick up a car at SAT and the attendant told him you can pick anything. The reservation was for a midsize ~$100 for the day. Starry eyed, he grabbed the shiny new Camaro and after he got home saw the credit card had been charged something like $350 for the 1 day rental.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 2:35 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by paule123
Curious what they charge you on the Camaro. Had a newbie co-worker (Gold) pick up a car at SAT and the attendant told him you can pick anything. The reservation was for a midsize ~$100 for the day. Starry eyed, he grabbed the shiny new Camaro and after he got home saw the credit card had been charged something like $350 for the 1 day rental.
What did his contract they printed out vs. the receipt say? If the contract is at the original rate then this should be an easy fix. The social media team at hertz seem much more responsive than general CS.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 12:21 pm

Flew in late 9pm, SO took too long so missed on a new Hyundai Santa Fe and ended up with a Malibu. More cars with missing keys than available in PC & Gold lot.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Delta Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ldfernald
More cars with missing keys than available in PC & Gold lot.
Probably from renters that also drive around at night without their headlights on. I see that more often in Central Florida than anywhere else.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Was there on the night of Sunday 10/8
Checked both side A and B

Selection were a joke.
The best car were 2 2019 XT5.
Side A had 4 base model camaros in PC.
Other selections included old model Encore and ecosport.

One thing to note is that they had a good number of Mustang Mach E all in GT model in reserved area.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by LJ7006
Was there on the night of Sunday 10/8
Checked both side A and B

Selection were a joke.
The best car were 2 2019 XT5.
Side A had 4 base model camaros in PC.
Other selections included old model Encore and ecosport.

One thing to note is that they had a good number of Mustang Mach E all in GT model in reserved area.
Was there in the afternoon of Sun 10/15. 1 Mercedes in the PC area but was innop. Weird with one headlight on and would not start.
Ended up with a decent Altima, but no toll device installed. KY plates.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE

On 10/25 ~6am, picked up on the B - PC a 2020 Nissan Armada with ~50k miles. Was pretty bare bones. No Apple CarPlay. Several Polestars parked next to the booth

Couple of KIA minivans also in PC
Old Nov 19, 2023, 3:50 pm

Terminal C anyone?

Has anyone done a rental in terminal C in the last 2 months? Can't find any info anywhere if there is PC here or just regular car assignments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.