Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by Beckles
We were surprised how low the rates were, back to more normal levels it seemed.
Thanks for the heads up on rates, I repriced my rental at MCO next week and the price did go down!
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Reserved a full size sedan, but upon arrival at MCO last Saturday morning, there were only about 3 cars total in the whole PC section. Choice of Nissan Rogue or Kia Sportage. Went with the Kia, nice vehicle. 18K miles on it. It had the automatic lane control thingy. Good thing the person travelling with me is a Kia owner who explained why the hell the steering wheel jerked when I changed lanes without signaling.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Recently rented from MCO on midnight of 11/8

B side was half empty and Gold/5S/PC were basically all the same cars with all the subcompact suvs that nobody wants.
A side had a better selection
PC was full of all kind of infinitis both new and used (2018/19 model) except QX80
5S had 2 convertibles and a 2018 Q60
Gold was usual sedan and a few SUV, notable mention, 2019 Enclave, 2018 crv.
Reserved area had a telluride which caught my eye, it was tagged as B7 which I have no idea what it stands for.

I had also noticed that all Q50 are now reclassed as P4
missingcolours likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Renting a large SUV (Group T) anyone know what they have at MCO?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Renting a large SUV (Group T) anyone know what they have at MCO?
Havent been there since June, but then they had Yukons, Tahoes, Suburbans, and Expeditions. Also saw a few Navigators. Usually get sent to the Alamo side for T reservations.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
Originally Posted by LJ7006
Recently rented from MCO on midnight of 11/8

B side was half empty and Gold/5S/PC were basically all the same cars with all the subcompact suvs that nobody wants.
Passed through MCO yesterday and can confirm this. B-side was my pickup (I actually rented from National this time). Passed by Hertz since I'll be back next week and have a reward reservation with them here in Orlando with the fam. I didn't see anything larger than a Rogue in President's Circle unless you can tolerate a Dodge Grand Caravan. I'll check again to see if B is better than A tomorrow when I head home.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Originally Posted by Yakolev
I made a reservation for K - Jaguar XF or similar. Does anyone have any experience on which vehicle I should expect?
Curious what you wound up with? I've got a reservation for the same thing next week.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:35 pm

I got a BMW 530i with 40k ish miles.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 2:28 pm

Will I be able to upgrade to a minivan via PC or should I book it directly?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by nomar116
Will I be able to upgrade to a minivan via PC or should I book it directly?
I personally have never seen a minivan in PC at MCO. The largest you can expect to see is a mid size SUV like a Mazda CX-5. Once I saw a larger SUV (Explorer) without keys.
nomar116 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
I picked up a 2022 G70 with 2k miles on it today from the B side PC
Auto Enthusiast and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know if I use priceline to book a Hertz rental at MCO will my 5* benefits still apply? Will I still skip the que and go straight to the car?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone know if I use priceline to book a Hertz rental at MCO will my 5* benefits still apply? Will I still skip the que and go straight to the car?
If you book a pay later reservation and enter your Hertz number during booking, yes.
If it's a prepaid where you pay Priceline or you can't enter your renter number, no, you'll be a regular retail customer and have to go to the counter and be assigned a car.
Auto Enthusiast and EAJuggalo like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missingcolours
If you book a pay later reservation and enter your Hertz number during booking, yes.
If it's a prepaid where you pay Priceline or you can't enter your renter number, no, you'll be a regular retail customer and have to go to the counter and be assigned a car.
Thank you
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I can't believe I'm saying this. I had a decent Hertz experience...

Landed at MCO, name wasn't on board and I was ready for disappointment even with lots of cars across the lot. Went to the gold member desk and he said "nope your good" just go grab a car. Turns out even if you modify your reservation for a later time (delayed flight) it won't update on the board so now I know. Grabbed a 4 Series BMW in presidential and was on my way.

There were tone of cars available in every class including the new model 3's and some challenger V8's. Plenty of SUV's and minivans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.