Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

MCO - Booked Minivan(R). Received a 3,000mi Chrysler Pacifica Limited. Nicest Minivan I have ever gotten. Mostly 30,000mi Grand Caravans. This has NAV, Sirius and screens in the back with HDMI and USB Inputs.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:23 pm

I've reserved FFAR at MCO in June, website describes this as Nissan Armada or similar - any idea the likely SUV that I'd get? Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by andrew84
I've reserved FFAR at MCO in June, website describes this as Nissan Armada or similar - any idea the likely SUV that I'd get? Thanks
Rented this class a couple of months ago out of SMF and Received a Yukon XL. Also noticed they had a few Toyota Sequoia.
Old May 1, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

Have a trip to Orlando in a few weeks, I currently have "Mercedes GLC/Range Rover Evoque - HPC (Group H4) JFDR (H4)Mercedes GLC/Range R. Evoque" reserved for a decent price, what's interesting looking at the wiki for this post is that they consider the GLA and the GLC as the same class, and I believe the GLA is significantly smaller, I don't think I'd be very happy with them trying to pawn off one of them on me.

I was checking my rates today and noticed it seems they've changed one of the Prestige SUV classes a bit, they now have "Standard Elite, SUV, Automatic, Air (Group T4) RFAR (T4) Cadillac XT5", the wiki lists the Mercedes ML/GLE as the previous cars in this class, but those are a bit bigger than the XT5 I believe (the GLC would be comparable in the MB lineup I believe). They also still have "Infiniti/Cadillac Crossover (Group K4) JGDR (K4) Infiniti QX70" which is where the SRX used to be, I suppose they may still have the SRX in the fleet even though the XT5 has replaced it in the Cadillac lineup.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
Have a trip to Orlando in a few weeks, I currently have "Mercedes GLC/Range Rover Evoque - HPC (Group H4) JFDR (H4)Mercedes GLC/Range R. Evoque" reserved for a decent price, what's interesting looking at the wiki for this post is that they consider the GLA and the GLC as the same class, and I believe the GLA is significantly smaller, I don't think I'd be very happy with them trying to pawn off one of them on me.

I was checking my rates today and noticed it seems they've changed one of the Prestige SUV classes a bit, they now have "Standard Elite, SUV, Automatic, Air (Group T4) RFAR (T4) Cadillac XT5", the wiki lists the Mercedes ML/GLE as the previous cars in this class, but those are a bit bigger than the XT5 I believe (the GLC would be comparable in the MB lineup I believe). They also still have "Infiniti/Cadillac Crossover (Group K4) JGDR (K4) Infiniti QX70" which is where the SRX used to be, I suppose they may still have the SRX in the fleet even though the XT5 has replaced it in the Cadillac lineup.
I own a GLA45 and I regularly drive a GLC 43 Coupe, although it's small it's quite a nice little SUV. However I believe the hertz one is only the GLA250.
Size difference wise, there's a pretty big difference, so I wouldn't accept a GLA if I had paid for a GLC. Saying all that, the only ones I have seen in the US fleet (LAX/MIA/JFK) have been the GLA250 and the GLE350. I have seen a few Evoques but few and far between.

The "Standard Elite, SUV, Automatic, Air (Group T4) RFAR (T4) Cadillac XT5" was a nice glitch, I used it at MIA for a 10 day rental for only $450 saying it was a GLE before they updated it to the XT5. I'm too young to take out a GLE so they gave me the Audi which for 10 days was still great value. Especially as I put 4000 miles on it.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

anyone seen date for MCO to be converted to UC?
Old May 24, 2017, 1:04 pm

mco

hi guys,
I just booked an Fcar through priceline name your price for July at mco, just wondering if anyone knew what they had over there?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Picked up at MCO today. There's definitely no UC there yet; I didn't even see any signage under construction yet. I asked the rep in the booth who said they were supposed to get it by July.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ncSam
Picked up at MCO today. There's definitely no UC there yet; I didn't even see any signage under construction yet. I asked the rep in the booth who said they were supposed to get it by July.
Too bad. I wonder where I saw that. Hertz.com says June 2016 as the latest.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Too bad. I wonder where I saw that. Hertz.com says June 2016 as the latest.
I swapped cars at MCO today and asked a different rep about the UC start date. According to the rep, the implementation has been delayed until July. The Hertz website still lists June, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for that happening.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
Has anyone been to MCO lately and seen any progress of Ultimate Choice? I see some mention of June and July. I'm going there in early July and hoping to try the UC.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:57 am
Original Poster

June it was not. I rented a "C" and was assigned an Impala. Swapped to a Kia Optima. PC member.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National ES, Air Kettle
The Hertz website is now advertising the start date of Ultimate Choice at Orlando MCO to be effective July 19th. A prompt informs you when you quote a new booking.

I picked up a car there earlier this month and didn't see any sign of UC preparations. My premium reservation was upgraded to a Jaguar XE and I ended up with an Infiniti QX60 which I was pretty happy with.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:05 pm

Horrible selection

Tried this in Orlando, over half the presidents circle section was "reserved" in terminal B. Went over to A, exactly the same. Came back to B, nice Range Rover sitting in Presidents Circle but locked. Asked the attendant and was told "yeah that's reserved too". Went to National and got a new Infiniti QX60 instead. I remember now why I left Hertz

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 28, 2017 at 4:25 am Reason: this has more value in the dedicated location thread
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: Status? What's status?
I picked up a car from the PC section on the B side yesterday. I've never seen such a sad selection of Sentras, Altimas, a random Camry and Corolla. The PC section didn't look any different from the 5* next to it. Definitely down towards the bottom of selection I've seen at UC locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.