Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Jennlynd
I need a minivan for a one-way MCO to port Canaveral. I can't book a one-way minivan on points. Can I make a minivan reservation on cash and another intermediate on points for the same day. Then if I find a van in the PC aisle I can cancel the minivan cash ressie and use the points ressie? If I don't see a minivan in the PC aisle, cancel the points ressie and use my minivan ressie instead? Any problem with this plan? We have lots of points, so I hate to pay cash if I can figure out a way to use them instead.

ETA: It seems, skimming through here, there is a good chance a van will be in the PC aisle.
I made a points reservation a few months ago, and I vaguely recall there was a deadline for cancelling and still getting points credited back. I believe one had to cancel at least 24 hours in advance to not lose the points.
Auto Enthusiast and Jennlynd like this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by SusanDK
I made a points reservation a few months ago, and I vaguely recall there was a deadline for cancelling and still getting points credited back. I believe one had to cancel at least 24 hours in advance to not lose the points.
I would hope so. People that double book make it difficult for others. Not fair to company either.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Thank you. I can't get their website to ever work for points ressies or I'd make one and double check it.

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I would hope so. People that double book make it difficult for others. Not fair to company either.
People make double and triple bookings all day long for rental cars. You can easily no-show for a car rental so long as you didn't prepay. Why should points be treated differently than cash?

ETA: or they could simply make one way vans bookable on points, even at triple the cost, and I'd happy fork over the points. We have a plethora.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 19, 2019 at 4:21 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:13 pm

Arrived at MCO around 11pm on Monday Dec 10. Booked midsize. Went to B side first. I was shocked when I saw the PC area; it was quite empty; they even put a Corrola there...But there were at least four mini vans though...then I went to A side, slightly better choices, but nothing really premium. The only stand out is a Charger RT, low mileage. I was about to take the charger, then an attendant passed by and I asked him if there was anything interesting or larger..he was a really nice guy. Told me all the Infiniti were gone; asked me if I would want a Tahoe. Hell yeah! I was so happy to try this full size suv. And it is enjoyable to drive
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:13 am

Was at B side at MCO around 11pm on Wednesday Jan 9.
What a sad sight in the PC section: Minivan galore with 5 minivans, a few SUVs, one Charger GT, one 300s, and a scratched up Sentra.
Walked around and found a 2018 Ford Fusion Titanium in the 5* section that I ended up taking.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Azul Diamond, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, ALL Gold, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE
How's been the Adrenaline Collection at MCO? Just booked the American Muscle category (V4/RSAR) for 8 days in May, expecting to get a Mustang GT or Challenger RT. Let's see what comes.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:40 pm

Booked a Full Size SUV for pickup mid-morning on Sat 6th April. Have PC status so can select from there as well - just needs to fit 3 suitcases.

Walking in so can go either A or B side - any recommendations of something decent to look out for (at SUV or PC level)?

Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by bergsey
Booked a Full Size SUV for pickup mid-morning on Sat 6th April. Have PC status so can select from there as well - just needs to fit 3 suitcases.

Walking in so can go either A or B side - any recommendations of something decent to look out for (at SUV or PC level)?

Thanks
Doubt you'll find anything useful in PC on either side. Usually minivans and the smaller SUVs, last time they seemed to have gotten a shipment of GMC Terrains.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:30 pm

Very disappointing PC experience 7:30 PM 3/1/19. Reserved a premium car and didn't receive a carfirmation email. When I arrived, they simply told me to pick from PC.

PC was very dissapointing.
3 x 300
1 x Impala
1 x Mitsubishi outlander
1 x Ford Fusion Hybrid
1 x Sonata

When I asked for something else besides a 300 or Impala, I was told they would charge me extra. Begrudgingly took a 300. I'm tired of 300's- can Hertz please diversify their premium/luxury fleet
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
Very pleasant findings at MCO 2/27.

Side A:
1 x GMC Yukon XL
1 x Chevy Tahoe
3 x Chrysler Pacifica's
1 x Cadillac XTS
1 x Cadillac CT6
3 x GMC Terrains
1 x Chevy Equinox Premiere 2.0T
2 x Infiniti QX 60's

Side B, was basically the same, except for a Subaru forester, and a 19 Rav 4. I ended up getting a free upgrade to a Buick Enclave, because of the space and fuel economy.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: Hertz presidents circle, Hilton honors , Marriott, SPG Gold
Picked up 2/15 at around noon. The PC section was pretty dull. A couple of fairly basic Chevy Equinox, lots of base Sonata’s, a couple of higher spec Sonata’s, a lone quad cab F-150 and a new 300s (which we took, even though this seems to be the default PC vehicle everywhere, but it was almost new!)

overall, not exactly inspiring, which in my experience is usually the case for MCO
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: NW GE
Any thoughts on selection in A vs B (late night arrival, on a Saturday, if it matters)? IE is one side bigger or one side serve more of the budget airlines therefore less likely to have elites and therefore a better stocked PC section?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
Originally Posted by Lyaec350
Any thoughts on selection in A vs B (late night arrival, on a Saturday, if it matters)? IE is one side bigger or one side serve more of the budget airlines therefore less likely to have elites and therefore a better stocked PC section?
I've found that side B seems to have better selection most of the time. If you ask the agents what's on the other side, sometimes they may see if they have one on the hand and give it for no extra charge.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Picked up at Noon today on A side. $42 C class rental. 5* lot was completely full, but of Camerys, Malibus and the smaller Kias

There was 1 SL Altima with 3K miles on it, which seemed the best choice. Noticed a Maxima in the Gold section, checked that out and left it when I saw the 30K+ miles on it. Then spotted a 300S back in 5* and took it when I saw it had 1,630 miles on it

We took the same car last month from FLL and liked it

Did not notice one SUV of any size in 5* today
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
- December 2019: 19 day rental return at MIA
- L4 FRAR
- 5*

What car to expect?

EK

Last edited by jason8612; Mar 23, 2019 at 2:27 pm Reason: fixed to remove member tag

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.