Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:21 am

Reserved a FCAR/FDAR for a Thursday morning in mid May at MCO. Any idea what this may be at MCO? Most likely a Malibu?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Puddy67
Reserved a FCAR/FDAR for a Thursday morning in mid May at MCO. Any idea what this may be at MCO? Most likely a Malibu?
Yeah, probably a Malibu or Nissan Altima. They seem to have tons of Altima's everywhere I go.

I arrived at MCO on Wednesday, 4/14 and was greeted by an empty lot. As I stood there waiting for the runners to bring new vehicles around a Hertz rep walked by and told me to take any of the "premiums" that were parked in front of the lot. There was a large Caddy, a 4V Turbo Mustang Convertible, a Lincoln Corsair and an unknown BMW model that was a land yacht as big as the Caddy. I took the Mustang.

After leaving the lot I noted that the Mustang has a vibration issue. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the left front. Probably lost a wheel weight. I considered options to get it checked out but I can live with it for a few days until I return it. It's not noticeable until 70 or 80 MPH.
Ordpc likes this.

Last edited by KenTarmac; Apr 17, 2021 at 8:32 am
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:38 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Yeah, probably a Malibu or Nissan Altima. They seem to have tons of Altima's everywhere I go.

I arrived at MCO on Wednesday, 4/14 and was greeted by an empty lot. As I stood there waiting for the runners to bring new vehicles around a Hertz rep walked by and told me to take any of the "premiums" that were parked in front of the lot. There was a large Caddy, a 4V Turbo Mustang Convertible, a Lincoln Corsair and an unknown BMW model that was a land yacht as big as the Caddy. I took the Mustang.

After leaving the lot I noted that the Mustang has a vibration issue. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the left front. Probably lost a wheel weight. I considered options to get it checked out but I can live with it for a few days until I return it. It's not noticeable until 70 or 80 MPH.
This looks like MCI, not MCO.
richwyo likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ALARISstl

thanks I hope you are right. Spring break Orlando lot bone dry is a bit un nerving
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
This is 100% MCI. MCO is in a garage.
richwyo and jimdarcy like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
My bad on location, they all run together, especially when the codes are similar. Anyway, your still looking at Altimas. 😆
kxc262 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond, Hertz Five Star
How worried should I be about the “car rental apocalypse”? I’m scheduled for a 11 PM ish arrival to MCO in October and am Five Star (may be President’s Circle by then but depends on some other trips). While we all hope things improve by then, I’m currently starting to freak out about anything being available let alone a good choice.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
6 months is a long long way off for the travel (etc) industry these days
Auto Enthusiast and KenTarmac like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Had to rent today at MCO for a short 2 day rental due to needing an extra car temporarily. Choices in PC this afternoon around Noon where pretty average but the PC aisle was full of cars. The selection consisted of several standard trim Malibus, several basic Equinox’s, a CX-5, and a SantaFe that I noticed. At the end of the aisle there was a nice Lincoln MKZ with only 10K miles that I was about to take until a Cockroach (welcome to FL) jumped in the car while loading my stuff in and I had nothing to catch it with so decided to just take a Ford Edge parked next to it that had leather seats with 20K miles. If anyone rented the white Lincoln MKZ in Orlando today around noon, sorry for the cockroach in your car.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Plenty of cars at MCO when I arrived last Monday morning, at a quick glance I would say they are back to normal, fully stocked. I'm PC and requested a minivan, no vans in the PC section but the helpful attendants knew exactly where one was parked and walked me over to it. (Chrysler Voyager with 5K miles)
It was nice to blow past the horde waiting in line at the rental booth in the garage.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Good news if flying out on an airline who’s check-in is in Terminal B. The Terminal B Rental Car Garage is back open again. No more needing to pickup/return to A and lug your luggage across the Atrium over to Terminal B.

Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Picked up at MCO this week, and was surprised to find the lot totally packed - it seemed like nary an open parking space. The "Premium" spaces were full of all kinds of interesting cars: Porches, BMW, etc. Unfortunately, the Presidents Circle aisle, while full, had mostly lackluster choices - lots of "normal" sedans with a few SUV sprinkled in.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:07 am

I rent at MCO last November and I'm no longer PC or 5* due to not spend enough money after getting my PC. and I booked a Premium Sedan (G car Buick Regal) and I got a 19 Jag F-Pace in pretty good condition. and it only me 10 mins from see the car to out of the gate, I'm pretty happy with that.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:36 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Picked up Friday night of Labor Day weekend around 9:45 PM, PC had a BMW X1, Infiniti QX50 and Chrysler 300S along with a more generic assortment of full-size cars, midsize SUVs, and a few Impalas.

We were surprised how low the rates were, back to more normal levels it seemed.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:37 am

I made a reservation for K - Jaguar XF or similar. Does anyone have any experience on which vehicle I should expect?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.