Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
We had a 10-day rental at MCO, Dec 8 to 18. We ended up getting a GMC Terrain, with push button controls. Those buttons are a bit quirky, and we nearly got out of the vehicle to take something else, but eventually figured them out. We just used to drive from MCO to Disney, up to Universal, and I swam in a lake near Universal (Lucky's Lake) a few times too. It was nice to be able to run some errands and pick up dinner also a few times, at normal prices.

I'd highly recommend a Florida Visitor Toll Pass, as that took care of the tolls on the toll road between the airport and Disney World. You pay as you go, and there wasn't a typical Hertz toll thing in the vehicle.

Overall, it was fine, but a bit overkill for just 2 of us for the trip.
Auto Enthusiast, dollar and oftech like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 5:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up Monday at 8 PM from the B Side.

PC was all mid size SUVs and minivans which was weird

I popped over to Gold and grabbed a 2023 Altima with 4,000 miles and XM.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by lackoftoast
Booked a P6 this month, any idea what I can expect at MCO, or whether I'll get any choice in the model?

Hoping for an Escalade ideally, but I'll happily take anything other than the Infiniti. Also, which agency should be my backup reservation for the best chance at an Escalade?
Hertz doesn't carry the new kind of escalades. So all escalades are 2019 and before, and you can rarely see them these days. The only choice is QX80, and Yukon Denali will be offered too if you agree to take that
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:36 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by corolla
Hertz doesn't carry the new kind of escalades. So all escalades are 2019 and before, and you can rarely see them these days. The only choice is QX80, and Yukon Denali will be offered too if you agree to take that
I had actually seen a few new Escalades across different locations in the country, both short and long wheelbase version
Old Jan 18, 2023, 8:26 am

I will be visiting from Europe a month from now and I have rented at large luxury sedan from Hertz at MCO. I was hoping to get a big, luxurious American made car that would give me some Americana feel, an iconic car like a Lincoln or something. But what cars can I realistically expect? And any tips on what I should aim for. My reservation says Chrysler 300 or similar, I guess that is ok, but I am hoping for alternatives.

I ask because if I have to pick out a car myself, I have to do some research on cars and models, because I am not known with US car brands not sold in my country. So even being a car guy, I am not sure I could even pick out a large, luxurious sedan from a regular, midsized car in a line up if it was a Genesis or Infinity - two US brands I have no knowledge of.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by EppeB
I will be visiting from Europe a month from now and I have rented at large luxury sedan from Hertz at MCO. I was hoping to get a big, luxurious American made car that would give me some Americana feel, an iconic car like a Lincoln or something. But what cars can I realistically expect? And any tips on what I should aim for. My reservation says Chrysler 300 or similar, I guess that is ok, but I am hoping for alternatives.

I ask because if I have to pick out a car myself, I have to do some research on cars and models, because I am not known with US car brands not sold in my country. So even being a car guy, I am not sure I could even pick out a large, luxurious sedan from a regular, midsized car in a line up if it was a Genesis or Infinity - two US brands I have no knowledge of.
The most likely in this category is Chrysler 300. Lincoln Continental is indeed around but the chance is almost 0. Other vehicles in this category including Genesis G70 and G80.

However they might just assign you a vehicle from P4/H4 or similar categories. Lincoln MKZ (E6) and Acura something (other strange categories) might also be assigned to you depends on the availability. The list is long but the sticky what vehicle to expect thread covers all possibilities (up-to-date and comprehensive).

Originally Posted by LJ7006
I had actually seen a few new Escalades across different locations in the country, both short and long wheelbase version
My bad, actually just spotted one today on the B side, white with 600T on it

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 13, 2023 at 6:32 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jan 21, 2023, 12:36 pm

Rented this mourning at PC, picked up a standard RAV 4, a mini van and a Tesla was available everything else was small SUV's. Huge selection for Gold but PC is small and filled with the same Gold selection. PC selection at TPA is a huge compared to MCO.
oftech likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Picked up a car Thursday morning out of PC, It's basically all the same basic entry level sedans and CUV's between PC through Gold. A chevy bolt oddly enough in the PC section.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by cubeman
Picked up a car Thursday morning out of PC, It's basically all the same basic entry level sedans and CUV's between PC through Gold. A chevy bolt oddly enough in the PC section.
yeah the selection of PC is basically same as gold and one of the smallest PC sections I have ever seen.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS 100k, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
PC on terminal B side: 3 Malibu lt, 1 kia k9. that's all I can choose from. not other cars on Saturday in spring break week.

gold aisle (not even 5*) has more Malibu LT than PC aisle.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:40 pm

A long shot I know but does anyone have ideas of v8 muscle cars at Mco? I know there’s only three models made. I am renting one in June from hertz but really trying to avoid the challanger as I find the seats really uncomfortable.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriot TE, Delta DM, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Any other data points for what is available in PC on either A or B side? Travelling solo in a few weeks for a Friday-Monday rental and don't have too much preference, will likely book a standard car just for the upgrade and go from there.

Also, is there any limitation in changing to an Electric vehicle on arrival? Website seems to differentiate the EV's such as Tesla vs. the other regular vehicles. Can I book one and take whatever by walking in, or do I need a conversation with someone?
Old Apr 5, 2023, 4:57 pm

I was at A side 2 weeks ago and PC was the same as ever - Corollas and Altimas and a few small SUVs.

AFAIK, EVs are the same as any other reserved class - you should be assigned a specific vehicle in a specific space and if you want to switch you need to talk to an agent.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:17 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
MCO Terminal C Hertz Availability

Apparently in the last couple of weeks Hertz has opened for rental car pickup in Terminal C. Just curious if they have a fully-stocked President's Circle aisle or if it's just a tiny satellite location and I should head over to Terminals A/B for a full service pickup experience.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 1:03 pm

Picked up Today around 11:00am. B side

Several Camry, Chargers and Malibus, One Challenger V6, a Dodge Ram and a GMC Acadia that I took because it was the only vehicle with less than 20K miles (7480 on this one) and working XM.

Last edited by jael; Apr 23, 2023 at 1:04 pm Reason: more info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.