Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:38 am

The one-way out of FL is so high because it's reverse peak. If this were in-season, towards the end of the spring, you might have gotten a much better deal. Like 10x cheaper.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: JAL
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
The one-way out of FL is so high because it's reverse peak. If this were in-season, towards the end of the spring, you might have gotten a much better deal. Like 10x cheaper.
Out of season in every way. But them's the breaks.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:59 pm

Hi everyone, I just recently posted here about a possible one-way rental that the price was astronomically higher..2-3x rate as just normal rental. I have decided to just fly out of MCO when I leave to avoid this, unless I am able to call in after booking & am told they will waive drop-off fee, which is probably unlikely.

I had originally booked a Full-Size Luxury SUV (Escalade or simile) for a week, that came out to $622 total. I was looking some more and saw that they had A Luxury SUV Group S6 (Mercedes GL450 or similar) for only $481 total for the week, so I cancelled Escalade & reserved this. My first question..it says or similar prior to booking, however looking at the forum, the US Hertz Fleet discussion only lists the GL model in that class...in addition, my confirmation does not list or similar, simply Mercedes GL450. Is the GL typically the only vehicle in this segment?

I would prefer a Range Rover Sport or BMW 740 over the GL & am hoping I have the chance to upgrade (however I will survive with the GL, just been considering one of the others just mentioned)...my question is, is it likely to be able to upgrade to one of those? If so, what should I go into it prepared to spend/what is reasonable? And lastly, is it likely to actually get a GL, worst case?

Sorry if this seems redundant. Happy travels!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:37 pm

So I arrive tomorrow & am picking up my car at noon..I have a Luxury SUV (S6) Mercedes Gl boomed currently for a week. I arrive Southwest so will be on Side A...should my car be on that side? I would like to upgrade to a Range Rover Sport..does One side tend to have nicer cars than the other? If I go to Side A will they be able to tell me what is available on Side B or would I have to actually go to that side to check?

What should my top dollar be as far as upgrading from Gl to Range Rover? I paid $480 for a week & Range Rover online is $800...should I expect less than the quoted difference online for an upgrade? Also..I have unlimited miles on GL..if I upgrade, the unlimited miles will apply to Range Rover, correct? Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Nov 3-8 datapoint

Nov 3 early PM, PC lot was almost empty had mostly SUVs. Yukon XL and 2020 Murano was parked, ended picking a 2019 BMW X3.

Nov 8 while returning PC lot was almost full with all kinds of sedan and SUVs, what caught my eye was a Benz SLC 300 hard top.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Just picked a car at MCO B-side.

I had an FRAR reserved, on the board it said “President Circle” no assigned car and there where no FRAR or other 7 seater SUV to be seen in the President Circle lines. I went to the both and they said I could be upgraded to a KIA Sorento... I asked about the Traverse SUVs on the Reserved lots and the agent told my that a Traverse would be an upgrade I had to pay for... *sigh*

Wife and children where starting to loose patience and I found a 42 000 miles 2018 Pacifica with Colorado plates in the Gold lot (all though leather seats, panorama roof in built in sat nav).

Unfortunate I experienced a clapping/booming noise from rear right above 40 mph so I have to back an try to switch car tomorrow. Would you say it will be an easy switch or will have to argue with Hertz?

Overall my worst Hertz experience so far, the agent didn’t care or recognized my status and had I couldn’t care less attitude overall, I was polite and didn’t play the PC Card until the second trip to the boot, also no DYKWIA attitude from me. To them I was just your average tourist to pray upon on.

Im PC tier.

EK

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 19, 2019 at 4:02 am Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by GOTBound

I had an FRAR reserved, on the board it said President Circle no assigned car and there where no FRAR or other 7 seater SUV to be seen in the President Circle lines. I went to the both and they said I could be upgraded to a KIA Sorento... I asked about the Traverse SUVs on the Reserved lots and the agent told my that a Traverse would be an upgrade I had to pay for... *sigh*

Wife and children where starting to loose patience and I found a 42 000 miles 2018 Pacifica with Colorado plates in the Gold lot (all though leather seats, panorama roof in built in sat nav).

Unfortunate I experienced a clapping/booming noise from rear right above 40 mph so I have to back an try to switch car tomorrow. Would you say it will be an easy switch or will have to argue with Hertz?

Overall my worst Hertz experience so far, the agent didnt care or recognized my status and had I couldnt care less attitude overall, I was polite and didnt play the PC Card until the second trip to the boot, also no DYKWIA attitude from me. To them I was just your average tourist to pray upon on.

Im PC tier.

EK
If there's a clear mechanical issue then swapping shouldn't be a problem. Maybe try the A side.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by GOTBound

I had an FRAR reserved, on the board it said President Circle no assigned car and there where no FRAR or other 7 seater SUV to be seen in the President Circle lines. I went to the both and they said I could be upgraded to a KIA Sorento... I asked about the Traverse SUVs on the Reserved lots and the agent told my that a Traverse would be an upgrade I had to pay for... *sigh*

Overall my worst Hertz experience so far, the agent didnt care or recognized my status and had I couldnt care less attitude overall, I was polite and didnt play the PC Card until the second trip to the boot, also no DYKWIA attitude from me. To them I was just your average tourist to pray upon on.

Im PC tier.

EK
Originally Posted by m907
If there's a clear mechanical issue then swapping shouldn't be a problem. Maybe try the A side.
Update; I went back to HERTZ MCO and explained the matter, A side this time. No fuss at all, they wrote down my issue and asked me to see the both for a new car and I picked up a 2019 GMC Yukon XL with around 20 000 miles on it.

The selection at A side today was splendid, highlight was a RAM Bighorn Sport 6.4 HEMI Ram in the 5* line. A few RAM Bighorns as well in the 5* line. If I wouldn't need more than 5 seats I would have taken the RAM Bighorn Sport without any hesitation. Both 5* an PC was cluttered with mid-size SUV's and a few full size SUV in the PC line, the Yukon I picked up was the only large SUV. A stark contrast to B side last night.

EK

EK
Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: Hertz President Circle, National Executive Elite.
B side 12/19/19.
A lot of new Chevy SUV's, Particularity the blazer RS trim, and Traverse High Country in premium upgrades.

PC; 1 SS Camero, GMC Terran, and equinox's, 1 New Blazer 3LT.
5*: Ford edges, and 2020 Ford escape SEL, and mixed selection.

I honestly don't think the people they have parking the cars have a method to their madness. More of the 5* & Gold were new cars compared to PC. Ended up with a brand new Traverse High country.
GOTBound likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: JAL
I got screwed

Possibly serves me right picking up from a hotel location rather than the airport.

id booked a minivan, but the MCO lot had overbooked, so none were provided to the hotel lots. My only realistic option to not ruin my holiday was to accept the Kia Forte so we had 4 proper plus suitcases squished everywhere.

i called into Daytona and they allowed me to switch out for a Chevy Malibu (largest they had in their lot) for the price of the Forte, but I still feel screwed by Hertz.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:20 am

1/11/20 12 noon - A side pickup - PC full with every brand of crossover out there - Chevy Traverse/Blazer, GMC Terrain, Ford Edge, Nissan, Kia etc. One Ford F-150 and a couple Dodge minivans. Ended up taking a Caddy XT5.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Reservation for next week and got this email today:

Enjoy a complimentary upgrade into the Chevrolet Family of SUVs.Congratulations! Chevrolet and Hertz would like to provide you with a complimentary upgrade into a Chevrolet Traverse, Blazer, Equinox or Trax on your upcoming trip to Orlando.

If you'd like to take advantage of this upgrade, please accept by clicking below prior to 10:00 AM EST on January 25, 2020.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:50 pm

Just picked up a car from Terminal A and President's Circle was pretty nice.

There were a couple of Mustang GT's and Camaros, Cadillac XTS, Cadillac XT5, a BMW X3 (which I took), and a random assortment of other cars.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
A side PC Monday LATE. Camaro SS, lots of garbage, full size P/U and I took a Mercedes A220 with 8,000 miles.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had to pick up a car this morning due to mine being in the shop. Picked up on the B-side and there were tons of nice options to choose from including a Cadillac XT4 and BMW X1. Went with the X1 even with it having 7,000 more miles due to the XT4 having a bad odor inside of it
GOTBound likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.