Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Consolidated "Renting at MCO; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:34 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: GOT
Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Posts: 256
UC PC Area last night at 9 PM was a sad looking lot, almost no car at all, mostly full-size sedans, however one RAM 2500 Bighorn that I picked until we realized the smell turned out to be cigarette and, ehmmm another smoking product the next morning when the “fresh air” spray had vaporized over night. I took the car back and HERTZ crew at A side reacted the same way as we did to the smell.

This time I picked a RAM 1500 Limited from the PC area, fully loaded with all the extras (except for XM inactivated), 1900 miles in the odometer. Jackpot!
Other vehicles in OC area was the Standard and Midsize SUVs and one RAM 2500 Bighirn, one Silverado 1500. A lot of empty parking spaces in the UC areas overall.

This is my second consecutive time in one and a half months time where I had to return my rental to MCO and have it replaced the day after pickup. To be honest I’m not picky or selective, however I expect a rental vehicle that have no mechanical issues or stinks vegetated and the other smoking thing.

EK
GOTBound is offline  
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:08 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Tampa, FL
Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Hertz PC, Hyatt Colleague, Avis Preferred/Budget FB, National Exeuctive
Posts: 63
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Reservation for next week and got this email today:

Enjoy a complimentary upgrade into the Chevrolet Family of SUVs.Congratulations! Chevrolet and Hertz would like to provide you with a complimentary upgrade into a Chevrolet Traverse, Blazer, Equinox or Trax on your upcoming trip to Orlando.

If you'd like to take advantage of this upgrade, please accept by clicking below prior to 10:00 AM EST on January 25, 2020.
Albeit late, can you truly "upgrade" to a Trax? lol. What did you end up with?
Auto Enthusiast and Cymro like this.
isiegel3 is offline  
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:19 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gloucestershire
Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Posts: 6,236
I'd take a Trax over a Spark, but both rank behind a rental shuttle to another lot.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Cymro is offline  
Old Feb 18, 2020, 6:15 pm
  #124  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: PIT, BWI, or IPT
Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Posts: 1,311
Originally Posted by GOTBound
UC PC Area last night at 9 PM was a sad looking lot, almost no car at all, mostly full-size sedans, however one RAM 2500 Bighorn that I picked until we realized the smell turned out to be cigarette and, ehmmm another smoking product the next morning when the “fresh air” spray had vaporized over night. I took the car back and HERTZ crew at A side reacted the same way as we did to the smell.

This time I picked a RAM 1500 Limited from the PC area, fully loaded with all the extras (except for XM inactivated), 1900 miles in the odometer. Jackpot!
Other vehicles in OC area was the Standard and Midsize SUVs and one RAM 2500 Bighirn, one Silverado 1500. A lot of empty parking spaces in the UC areas overall.

This is my second consecutive time in one and a half months time where I had to return my rental to MCO and have it replaced the day after pickup. To be honest I’m not picky or selective, however I expect a rental vehicle that have no mechanical issues or stinks vegetated and the other smoking thing.

EK
If that Ram 2500 Bighorn was Silver...I just picked it up on Friday 2/14. There were literally no other cars in PC (Not even Impalas!) except one lonely dark gray Ram 2500 that had no keys. I have flown to MCO many times and never seen such a lack of inventory. I had a pickup reservation and that was the only one they had. Yes, it smelled like the night crew chilled every night in that truck if you know what I mean.

I have never seen a Limited 1500 in the selection!
GOTBound likes this.
pgh234 is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:16 pm
  #125  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: GOT
Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Posts: 256
Originally Posted by pgh234
If that Ram 2500 Bighorn was Silver...I just picked it up on Friday 2/14. There were literally no other cars in PC (Not even Impalas!) except one lonely dark gray Ram 2500 that had no keys. I have flown to MCO many times and never seen such a lack of inventory. I had a pickup reservation and that was the only one they had. Yes, it smelled like the night crew chilled every night in that truck if you know what I mean.

I have never seen a Limited 1500 in the selection!
Yes, the RAM 2500 was silver, so that's the truck!
The guy at the exit gates was amazed over the Limited as well . Must have been misplaced by accident in the PC section .

EK
GOTBound is offline  
Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:50 pm
  #126  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Posts: 69



Picked up around 1PM this afternoon, it was pretty busy and they were doing an impressive job of keeping PC full of good cars.

A few standouts from today.
- 2020 Toyota Highlander with 200ish miles
- 2 BMW X1s
- 1 BMW X3
- Cadillac XT4
- Cadillac XT5
- 3 Chevy Tahoes/Surburbans (took one with 100 miles as I needed the luggage space)
- 2 Chevy Blazers
- 2 Chevy Traverses (1 High Country Edition)
- a scattering of Mazda SUVs
- 2 BIG RAM trucks
- 1 Camaro
- 2 Nissan Pathfinders
GOTBound likes this.
ChristopherJN is offline  
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:29 pm
  #127  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Programs: American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite
Posts: 69
A vs B Side

Dropped off today at 2PM and had some time before my flight, so I checked out both A and B sides. Below are some vehicles that stood out to me.

A Side had....
- 1 GMC Yukon SLT
- 1 Chevy Blazer RS
- 2 BMW X3s (one blue and one white)
- 1 Chevy Traverse
- 1 Ford Escape SEL
- 1 Infiniti QX 60

B Side had...
- 1 Chevy Tahoe
- 2 Chevy Suburbans
- 1 Ram 2500
- 1 Infiniti QX60
- 2 Chevy Traverses
- 2 Nissan Pathfinders
- 1 Cadillac XT5
ChristopherJN is offline  
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:30 pm
  #128  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: Hertz presidents circle, Hilton honors , Marriott, SPG Gold
Posts: 11
Picked up around 2pm on February 14th.

initially on the B side. Literally nothing in PC or Five star. I was told I’d need to wait so I went over to the A side. Not much better with three or four base sonatas and a couple of tired Malibu’s.

they had a number of Blazers but wouldn’t give me one so we eventually went back to B. found a decent Cadillac XT4. Got to the exit gates and the anti theft spikes deployed and punctured one of the tyres!

After confirming with the agent on the exit gate that I was not at fault I was eventually allowed to leave and managed to find a reasonable Ford Edge with 5000 miles. I realised later it hadn’t been cleaned in any way and ended up vacuuming out the mess myself.

A couple of Chevy Equinox and Malibu’s were in PC but nothing else.

all in, it was about 1.5 hours before we were on our way.
SevenHeavy is offline  
Old May 27, 2020, 1:21 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Programs: Hertz PC
Posts: 35
How has this location been during COVID? Debating whether to book a luxury car outright or take my chances with PC.
tb17 is offline  
Old May 27, 2020, 5:53 pm
  #130  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: AUS
Posts: 281
I was there a week ago, pretty sad state of affairs. B garage is shut down entirely, all rental activities consolidated to A garage.

PC/5* were entirely midsize sedan class, maybe in Impala mixed in at best. Zero SUVs, pickups, minivans or anything nice. If you're lucky you might get leather seats as PC. Less than 40 cars in Hertz's entire lot, generally 1-2 of each class in reserved.

Nothing specific to Hertz though, Avis/Budget was even worse, National/Alamo was somewhat better but not much.
tb17 likes this.
missingcolours is offline  
Old May 28, 2020, 9:03 pm
  #131  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Hilton Diamond
Posts: 83
Just picked up a 2020 Challenger GT AWD with 8 miles... not to bad haha
Auto Enthusiast and anteater like this.
Mcdonoughdr is offline  
Old May 29, 2020, 1:57 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MCO
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 4,405
Originally Posted by Mcdonoughdr
Just picked up a 2020 Challenger GT AWD with 8 miles... not to bad haha
Yeah MCO had a couple of new cars surprisingly. I picked up a one-way rental to drop off in MEM last week and the GMC Arcadia I rented only had 12 miles on it.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
MCO Flyer is offline  
Old May 29, 2020, 3:39 pm
  #133  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York suburbs
Posts: 4,225
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Yeah MCO had a couple of new cars surprisingly. I picked up a one-way rental to drop off in MEM last week and the GMC Arcadia I rented only had 12 miles on it.
I presume this was for the FL driveout? They gave away such a nice new car for a one-way, on a cheap rate?
MCO Flyer likes this.
Auto Enthusiast is offline  
Old May 30, 2020, 9:54 am
  #134  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MCO
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 4,405
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I presume this was for the FL driveout? They gave away such a nice new car for a one-way, on a cheap rate?
Yes it was $12 a day. I had to drive to MEM to help a friend of mine move and the price was double if I wanted to drop it off in MCO, so I decided to fly back. The Hertz attendant in MEM mentioned I got a great deal when I dropped the car off.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
MCO Flyer is offline  
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:07 pm
  #135  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 1
I am getting a class F at MCO in October. Any ideas what I can expect?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 25, 2020 at 5:38 pm Reason: moved into dedicated thread for this location
Michael Gilliland is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.