Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Comp rooms are based on tier status; what varies with ADT is the amount of things like gift cards/Reel Rewards in your promo mailers.
I don't believe that is true that room comps are based on tier status. My husband and I are both Founders "Diamond" card holders yet I was only a fraction away from earning enough diamond points and his earnings are more platinum level this year. My available comped rooms and rates are far better than his.

I got the Founders card along with the spouse card so that I would not need to chase tier credits and could relax and play the way I want to play.

In the past I got MLIFE Platinum through Hyatt and Diamond through Founders. Hyatt/Mlife platinum is going away for me after next year so I will be making a decision on which program to pursue. Without the Founders Diamond card, I am likely to concentrate our play at Mlife since they combine the play for couples and have nicer hotels.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:00 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by angiez628
I don't believe that is true that room comps are based on tier status. My husband and I are both Founders "Diamond" card holders yet I was only a fraction away from earning enough diamond points and his earnings are more platinum level this year. My available comped rooms and rates are far better than his.
​​​​​​My mistake, certainly thought it used to be true. Now I wonder if it's just different for FC diamonds (I.e. diamond in name only) or if I've just always been wrong
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:36 am

All comps are based on play and your theoretical loss. If one person is a long grind Diamond player with a ton of trips and the other person is a four time a year Gold player who earns 1K or so in tier credits over a three day trip, guess who will get some pretty good comp rooms? That said, it can and does factor in with room upgrades. I'm a Gold level player, and have only had Diamond through FC since October, and except for Ballys, where I almost never play, I've been able to get rooms most nights of the week, in Summer or Winter in Vegas or AC. Granted, Saturdays are slim during the Summer in AC, but every once in a while they throw a bone, especially if I check within two weeks of when I plan to go.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:09 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
All comps are based on play and your theoretical loss. If one person is a long grind Diamond player with a ton of trips and the other person is a four time a year Gold player who earns 1K or so in tier credits over a three day trip, guess who will get some pretty good comp rooms?
Of course, but my impression had been that within the same tier, say a high ADT diamond and a low ADT diamond, they would get roughly the same mailed offers/nights, but where the high ADT diamond night get an offer for 4 nights and $300 Reel Rewards the low ADT diamond night get the same 4 nights but only $100 RR (I'm making these numbers up but you get the idea). And that on nights without specific promos, they'd have the same general access to comp rooms.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:11 pm

It's a known fact that free rooms and comps are based on play. Some people seem to be confusing Diamond Players and FC Diamond holders. The cards do not carry the same weight. DPs are given a host; FCDHs aren't eligible for a host. For example, DPs were invited to CET's New Year's Eve parties, but FC Diamond holders were not. And, it will be the same for the Super Bowl parties.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:56 pm

You don't need to be Diamond to get a host. My SO, as Gold slot player, had one assigned at the local a couple of years ago. Play it up enough, and someone will notice. And FC Diamond members still have host/VIP line access. You need play to get one assigned to you, not tier.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
What I don't get is if the legitimately put in say $75,000 coin in for diamond in slots, he'd have way more than these FC diamond benefits. He'd have comp rooms, something that non playing FC diamonds won't get as comp rooms are based off ADT from playing not status. He'd get additional comps from all the reward credits from that play. Again, this is all stuff no or low playing diamonds won't really get.
It's the parallel situation to those who *hate* Delta Diamonds who spend $5000 on flights including mileage runs and use a credit card waiver for MQD spend... and still qualify for Diamond Medallion. Some of the "real" (aka big spender Delta Diamonds) are resentful. I agree, it makes little sense. Seldom impacts you personally.

Comp rooms are based on tier status; what varies with ADT is the amount of things like gift cards/Reel Rewards in your promo mailers.
Rooms are based on theo, always have been.

​​​​​​My mistake, certainly thought it used to be true. Now I wonder if it's just different for FC diamonds (I.e. diamond in name only) or if I've just always been wrong
Well, they will sometimes "throw" a room at a new player. So, if you just upgraded to FC Diamond. Were dormant. Did a little play (less than usually necessary to qualify)... they might still throw you some room nights to get you to come back. It's quite multi-variable.

All comps are based on play and your theoretical loss. If one person is a long grind Diamond player with a ton of trips and the other person is a four time a year Gold player who earns 1K or so in tier credits over a three day trip, guess who will get some pretty good comp rooms? That said, it can and does factor in with room upgrades. I'm a Gold level player, and have only had Diamond through FC since October, and except for Ballys, where I almost never play, I've been able to get rooms most nights of the week, in Summer or Winter in Vegas or AC. Granted, Saturdays are slim during the Summer in AC, but every once in a while they throw a bone, especially if I check within two weeks of when I plan to go.
Don't forget "actual" loss. That is also taken into account.

Of course, but my impression had been that within the same tier, say a high ADT diamond and a low ADT diamond, they would get roughly the same mailed offers/nights, but where the high ADT diamond night get an offer for 4 nights and $300 Reel Rewards the low ADT diamond night get the same 4 nights but only $100 RR (I'm making these numbers up but you get the idea). And that on nights without specific promos, they'd have the same general access to comp rooms.
It's very multi-variable. But, yes. Higher theo, better offers. The rooms tend to be "baseline," and the food&beverage, free play, headliner shows, tournaments, gifts, prizes are very variable. Also, room upgrades (in advance, pre-confirmed) are also heavily based on theo.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys, in addition to having the FC Diamond status also has the TR Visa. I was thinking about applying for it, since I am a LV local and it would be good to have 5% off instead of the usual 1%. I mainly spend time at Qua (20$ to get in for Diamond members) and the Rio buffet (50% off for local Diamonds). Apparently, the TR visa card also gives you free access to all pools, which the Diamond card does not.

Would there be any cons against it? For example, poor bank customer service?

Cheers!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by skyscanner
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you guys, in addition to having the FC Diamond status also has the TR Visa. I was thinking about applying for it, since I am a LV local and it would be good to have 5% off instead of the usual 1%. I mainly spend time at Qua (20$ to get in for Diamond members) and the Rio buffet (50% off for local Diamonds). Apparently, the TR visa card also gives you free access to all pools, which the Diamond card does not.

It's a very un-exciting card. I have no idea about the "pool benefit." But, a big benefit is that by charging you earn RCs and this can keep your RCs "alive" if you want to bank them. Which is probably less of an issue for a local. But, it's an issue for someone who lives away from Caesars properties... since you have to earn 1 RC every six months or your credits expire.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Elevate Silver, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, National Exec
I wrote an email to Founders Card recently regarding another issue and also asked if there was any updates on the Total Rewards Renewal.

They let me know that they have no updates at this time and will be updating the benefits page once any new information becomes available. Based on reviewing this threads history, last year at this time an update regarding the renewal was already released. Hope this stays a benefit into 2017.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
I wrote an email to Founders Card recently regarding another issue and also asked if there was any updates on the Total Rewards Renewal.

They let me know that they have no updates at this time and will be updating the benefits page once any new information becomes available. Based on reviewing this threads history, last year at this time an update regarding the renewal was already released. Hope this stays a benefit into 2017.
As of this morning:

To answer your question, we are in the process of renewal with Caesars right now, so it will probably be a few more weeks before we know more. If it is renewed, they will extend the "valid through" date of your Diamond upgrade through FoundersCard. As we learn details about the 2017 Total Rewards benefit, we will update our site, and notify Members accordingly.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:53 am

The positive I take from this is that negotiations are happening, and that CET didn't say to heck with it we're out. Maybe they're seeing what else they can get out of it, maybe they're just being cordial because they've been involved for few years. It's a big draw for FC, obviously, so I'm sure they're doing what they can to keep it. And I'm sure CET is able to monitor FC members' worth, as obviously they have a list of everyone they upgrade. This delay is making it more interesting.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by skyscanner
Hi,

Cheers!
I got the TR Visa (prior to joining FC), primarily for the free high roller tickets and Plat status (with $5K spend per year). I use it when I stay at TR properties (5x points) and on gas/groceries (2x points) until I hit the $5K per year.

Since the card has no annual fee, I keep it as a back up and if the FC Diamond goes away, I'll at least be Plat.

[Note: The Pool is free with the VIP level which requires 10K spend per year.]
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:10 pm

You don't need to be Diamond to get a host. My SO, as Gold slot player, had one assigned at the local a couple of years ago. Play it up enough, and someone will notice.
If your SO played enough to gain the attention of a host, why was she still Gold? Seems to me that with that kind of play, she would at the very least, make it to Platinum.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Firthient
If your SO played enough to gain the attention of a host, why was she still Gold? Seems to me that with that kind of play, she would at the very least, make it to Platinum.
We both made Platinum for years, but when they upped it to 5K and removed the resort fee perk, we backed off. Then towards the middle of the year she wanted to gun for it just because. Time/work jumped into the fray and no time was really left to pursue that goal, but at that point she had a host contact her. Never called him back, and by the end of the year her play returned to normal, and we never heard from him again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.