Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Yes if I’m logged in I cannot book anything in Vegas. Other cities yes. I think they don’t like me because I book a lot and don’t play. Hence I have to logout and pay rack rate if I want a room. Going to Vegas today so I will speak to people in person as nobody on the phone can help me. Founders will not be in the office until Wednesday so still waiting on them.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:32 am

Have not received a response to my message to Founders yet. Asked rewards center at Harrah's last week they said there was nothing wrong with my account. In fact nobody had ever seen this happen to anyone before. Just no play in the last 6 months. They said if I play a few bucks it should automatically fix everything on the back end. They said that it may take a while as the system only does a snapshot maybe a month or 3 months, no definitive time frame. So I sat at a slot machine that night and played enough for 14 tier credits. Lost about $25. Hopefully that is enough to unlock it again. One guy had mentioned $20 of play should do it. I keep checking every day to see if the booking has opened up yet.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
Have not received a response to my message to Founders yet. Asked rewards center at Harrah's last week they said there was nothing wrong with my account. In fact nobody had ever seen this happen to anyone before. Just no play in the last 6 months. They said if I play a few bucks it should automatically fix everything on the back end. They said that it may take a while as the system only does a snapshot maybe a month or 3 months, no definitive time frame. So I sat at a slot machine that night and played enough for 14 tier credits. Lost about $25. Hopefully that is enough to unlock it again. One guy had mentioned $20 of play should do it. I keep checking every day to see if the booking has opened up yet.
I hope this is a fluke. Hopefully, you find out in a month or two. Just keep in mind, sometimes the player's club desk is misinformed. I worked on getting details for a restricted account, and the first 2-3 visits to the player's club yielded the response "no issue with the account." Not until a manager finally looked things over and said, "oh, wait, there is a management restriction, call this number." There is a specific number to call to try to find out about restrictions. They are not very responsive (surprise - surprise).

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:12 pm

Maybe get a Caesars credit card and put a small charge on it every month...........We have a lot of Rc's so making the monthly charge keeps them from expiring.

Caesars Card has NAF and gives 10,000 RC for spending like $750
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:35 am

Still unable to book rooms in Vegas. If you have the number for management restrictions I would love to call and find out. As to earning reward and tier credits, I've earned regularly from booking rooms, so the system is definitely looking at play and not credits. So we still don't know if the system will unlock me automatically at some point or if that will require manual intervention. It is so weird that I cannot book any property in Vegas, even ones I've never stayed at, yet I can book any property that is not in Vegas. I rarely book anywhere other than Vegas as it is not convenient. I guess it is considered abusing the system when you keep booking 5 night stays for $10 per night twice a month and never show any play. Didn't know that playing was a mandatory condition of booking rooms, or I would have made sure I lost say $20 per week to keep them happy. BTW. founders never responded to my email.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:00 pm

Still unable to book rooms in Vegas. If you have the number for management restrictions I would love to call and find out. As to earning reward and tier credits, I've earned regularly from booking rooms, so the system is definitely looking at play and not credits. So we still don't know if the system will unlock me automatically at some point or if that will require manual intervention. It is so weird that I cannot book any property in Vegas, even ones I've never stayed at, yet I can book any property that is not in Vegas. I rarely book anywhere other than Vegas as it is not convenient. I guess it is considered abusing the system when you keep booking 5 night stays for $10 per night twice a month and never show any play. Didn't know that playing was a mandatory condition of booking rooms, or I would have made sure I lost say $20 per week to keep them happy. BTW. founders never responded to my email.
If you don't earn any reward credits whether via play, Caesars credit card, stays, etc, etc, etc your reward credits expire and you lose them all.

This is why I charge my Netflix bill on my Caesars credit card every month, it keeps my account active.

If you go to Vegas often I can't see how making a small charge every month can hurt things.............in our case it eliminates any worry of our RC's expiring.

We transfer 30K points each from Wyndham to CET every year so we have 120K RC's sitting in both accounts (combined) as we have only been to Vegas once since 2/2019 and the gave us four $100 Diamond Dinners this year which we used last ( June 2021) trip.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 20, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:20 am

Finally received a reply from Shannon at Founders today. Unfortunately, still not able to solve the problem. Here it is:

"Thank you for reaching out to us about this, but I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Caesars! I escalated this with the Partnerships Team to see if they had any insight, but they haven't heard of this issue happening before.

I do recall a few weeks ago looking at my own Caesars account to book dates in October, and saw that several options were sold out. However when I check now there is availability again, so I wonder if there was some temporary glitch with their system?

However, I do have a workaround for you - you can book the FoundersCard rate from our benefit page like normal, but then do NOT log in to your Caesars account. You will get the FC discounted rates and can make your reservation as a guest instead of signing in. Note that you will see the resort fees included in the cost breakdown - when you arrive on property the Caesars Rewards desk will still be able to waive your resort fees as long as the name on the reservation matches the name on your Diamond card.

I hope this helps you!"

So I am totally convinced at this point that I have a top secret management restriction on my account. I really need to get the number and who to talk to in order to resolve this issue.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

FrugalShopper have you tried calling and booking over the phone?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:34 pm

Yes, the reservations people tell me that I am not eligible for what they call "best rate", so I have to pay whatever the rack rate is.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
I have the exact same issue as Frugal Shopper. I booked the discounted rate maybe 5 or 6 times a year without play. There is nothing that I am aware of that required play to use discounted rates. Hope someone can figure out how to unlock the account. My status is via Wyndham not FC
Old Oct 14, 2021, 4:00 pm

Wow and I thought it was because I supposedly abused them by going practically every other week. Maybe they are now shutting down everyone who goes to Vegas without play in the last 6 months. Let this be a warning to all the Founders Diamond members. El Dorado is determined to make money unlike the old Caesars we all knew and loved.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
I won't be surprised if more people are affected by this stealth penalty. The execution is poorly thought out

Last edited by PilgrimsProgress; Oct 14, 2021 at 9:41 pm
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:55 am

The EXACT same problem that happened to FrugalShopper is happening to me. I have had no luck figuring out how to fix it. If anyone has the same problem please post. Thank you.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by marmion
The EXACT same problem that happened to FrugalShopper is happening to me. I have had no luck figuring out how to fix it. If anyone has the same problem please post. Thank you.
Caesars is notorious for blacklisting/restricting/limiting marketing offers. While this is not really a "marketing offer," I think they might be doing a similar thing. Essentially, they offered promotional rates based on gaming (or lack of gaming) and have a hope/expectation for some level of gaming (theo) in the future. It is, of course, very opaque. From a commercial sense, I am certain they figure they do not have a lot to lose.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:48 am

What is really killing me is not knowing what I have to do to unlock it. Play $100? $1,000? $5,000 all in one sitting? Or is the lock permanent and unremovable? How long after said play would it take before unlocking? Should I throw in the towel or what? Very frustrating to say the least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.