Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Status Match promo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2023, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Right, the Go Wild promo has no appeal to me whatsoever. But I usually have the luxury of flying on off-peak days (which I prefer, since the airplane and airport experience tends to be a little better). The crazy $19 and $29 are usually only available on these off-peak days. Peak days can get kind of expensive. I assume the Go Wild pass can help on those busier days?
As someone who is in the black using it already, it helps on busy days but especially for last-minute travel. Turning $38 flights to $14 flights isn't a huge deal, but turning $400 flights to $14 flights allows me to fly when I'd otherwise just stay home. For someone who is good at planning all their travel a few weeks out plus is flexible with respect to when to fly I concur the pass holds a lot less appeal.

Originally Posted by aerosly
Most of my more recent flights have been totally full, though, so those previously empty Stretch seats could be other 20K Elites claiming them at the last second, or just lucky people who didn't pick a seat at check-in and got randomly assigned to one. Only on one or two flights have I seen a handicapped person or someone unable to walk far who clearly *needed* the extra room sitting in those seats.
My strong suspicion given how close to departure the rows seems to fill up is they're passengers getting the seats for free when they check in close to flight time.
iahphx likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
OK, so I'm an existing Frontier 20K elite needing about 12.5K EQMs for the rest of 2023 to requalify. I *might* be able to do on flights in the rest of the year and could certainly do with another 2X or 3X EQMs special if they bring that back, but if work gets to be a problem or they don't bring it back there's some chance of falling short.

Am also a Delta silver medallion by virtue of being a Million Miler. They haven't sent me a card or any credentials via postal mail in years.

If I did this it'd be my first-ever status match for Frontier, assuming I'm eligible. If I am, it'd cost $99, right? And if I did the same thing next year, assuming they didn't change it, it'd cost $149 then, right? I hope I'm reading it all correctly.

I'm looking at this an an alternative to doing mileage runs, should it come to that.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
You are correct in your analysis. You will need 3-4 mileage runs which will certainly cost more than the $99. I would go ahead and try/ do it.

Status match is able to lookup your frequent flyer account status, so you do not have to have or send any documentation.

Are you sure that you don't have a hotel status or something that would get you 50K?
RustyC likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
You are correct in your analysis. You will need 3-4 mileage runs which will certainly cost more than the $99. I would go ahead and try/ do it.

Status match is able to lookup your frequent flyer account status, so you do not have to have or send any documentation.

Are you sure that you don't have a hotel status or something that would get you 50K?
Thanks for this. You inspired me to go ahead and apply tonight...they asked me to upload a screen cap of one of the Delta pages with certain information on it (no PDFs accepted), so after messing around with that I think I got it to work.

Alas, I was self-funded about 97% of the time in all those years in getting up to Million Miler, so I was never able to play the hotel-program game. I had some kind of status on Spirit once and used to be one of their cardholders, but that's lapsed. I did get 50K for a couple of years on the back of 3x and 5x promos, with the most useful benefit to me being reserving the stretch seats at the time of booking (25% mile bonus on EQMs a distant second).

I've got a fun trip in the pipeline with U2 in Las Vegas and maybe another at some point, but if the status match comes thru it'll be good not to worry about paid tickets vs. award tickets and getting enough mileage on paid tickets and just be able to do what makes the most sense. Though if they make it worth my while like the 20K promo they did in the spring that builds up RDMs I might bite again.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Guys, I can match my AS 100k to Frontier 100k. Can anyone clarify if the WORKS Bundle allows you to change the flight time for free on the same day? The Frontier website says that the fee may apply, but I never paid the fee to reschedule my AS flight on the same day (from the time of check-in). This is the most important feature for me and would help me decide if I should status match. Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2023, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by hyedmd
Guys, I can match my AS 100k to Frontier 100k. Can anyone clarify if the WORKS Bundle allows you to change the flight time for free on the same day? The Frontier website says that the fee may apply, but I never paid the fee to reschedule my AS flight on the same day (from the time of check-in). This is the most important feature for me and would help me decide if I should status match. Thanks!
All elites get same day change fees waived (see https://www.flyfrontier.com/myfronti...s/elite-status). Keep in mind not all routes have multiple flights per day. I've had some success changing to a flight 24 hours before or after my scheduled flight in the past, but I wouldn't bank on it.
lowfareair and hyedmd like this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RustyC
OK, so I'm an existing Frontier 20K elite needing about 12.5K EQMs for the rest of 2023 to requalify. I *might* be able to do on flights in the rest of the year and could certainly do with another 2X or 3X EQMs special if they bring that back, but if work gets to be a problem or they don't bring it back there's some chance of falling short.

Am also a Delta silver medallion by virtue of being a Million Miler. They haven't sent me a card or any credentials via postal mail in years.

If I did this it'd be my first-ever status match for Frontier, assuming I'm eligible. If I am, it'd cost $99, right? And if I did the same thing next year, assuming they didn't change it, it'd cost $149 then, right? I hope I'm reading it all correctly.

I'm looking at this an an alternative to doing mileage runs, should it come to that.
I had actually started spending on my Frontier credit card to earn 12k status miles. But screw that, I'll just pay the $149.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott
Has anyone in Denver made the switch from United to Frontier? I fly a lot with United, but the prices on Frontier are really attractive and they fly a lot of places from Denver. Just worried that there aren't as many stretch seats available flying out of Denver, and that there are frequent cancellations/delays. Curious if anyone has made the switch and recommends it.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingx
Has anyone in Denver made the switch from United to Frontier? I fly a lot with United, but the prices on Frontier are really attractive and they fly a lot of places from Denver. Just worried that there aren't as many stretch seats available flying out of Denver, and that there are frequent cancellations/delays. Curious if anyone has made the switch and recommends it.
My wife and I are both DEN-based United Million Milers (about 10 years as a 1K). We have switched 95% of our travel to Frontier.

I don't think we've had a single F9 cancellation. A few delays, sure, but not a big deal. Honestly, they don't seem any worse for on-time than anyone else. The real key is whether you can make their schedule work -- many destinations have one flight per day. But if you can make it work, the savings are huge.

We always get stretch seating. If you are checking a bag, the 1-hour cutoff is annoying, but lines at DEN are annoying in general. Just get there early and plan to hit a club once you are through security.

Overall the biggest issues are:
1. Customer service requires chat and some of the agents are pretty useless
2. Low flight frequency
3. 1-hour bag cutoff and long lines at bag check (there is no elite line, unfortunately)

But as others have noted, we are usually saving over 75% compared to United. And our first class upgrades clear just as often.
lowfareair, HawaiiDave and flyingx like this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by lidosjawn
I've had this update in the past by just adding the confirmation number to my profile again. It's been a while, so not sure if that still works. This Gowild facebook group did lay out steps they used to get the benefits on flights already booked after the Elite Challenges were launched. Here are the steps they posted since the Link seems to show broken on here:

For those of you who purchased the Elite Status and got the Frontier Elite 20K Status e-mail but need to update a previously booked flight try the following.
Step 1: Find your flight information that was send to your email.
Step 2: Press on Access your booking
Step 3: The website then should pull up your cart.
Step 4: Press Edit under Passenger
Step 5: The Passenger Info should pull up and then go to the bottom and press continue. (This is the critical step as it re-registers your Frontiers Airline # and then it finds that your Airlines # is Elite Status)
Step 6: Go and add your Carry-on and choose your seat.
This seems to work for seats. But it does not seem to work for bags. My wife was 20k, did the upgrade to 100k. I can upgrade to stretch seats, but it's not giving the option to get a free checked bag. I'm not too surprised by this, just reporting it.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Originally Posted by hobo13
And our first class upgrades clear just as often.
Tru Dat.
HawaiiDave likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by flyingx
I'm DEN-based but typically fly AS since my kid lives in Seattle. I'll keep flying AS as my primary carrier, but a $19 one-way flight from DEN to SEA would be hard to resist.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I checked online and it looks like my status-match application worked, as it's showing my elite status good thru 12/31/24. Yay! Still no e-mails about it, but I'll declare victory. Thanks to those who helped.
hyedmd likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 6:09 am

Got matched to 100K (also no email for me RustyC , it just showed up online), but have a question about the Discount Den part - is there anything I need to consider with signing up for it? I'm assuming I'll need to cancel before it renews if/when I leave 100k status, is that fairly simple to do online?

Also, is the free aspect tied wholly to the 100K status or only at renewal time? In other words, if I have status good until 12/31/2024 (let's say it fully expires then for simplicity) and sign up today, will the DD sub expire with my status, or will it be renewed for free through 9/28/2025?
Old Sep 28, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: UA, Marriott
This was incredibly helpful, thank you so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.