FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2024 Status Match promo
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:27 pm
RustyC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
You are correct in your analysis. You will need 3-4 mileage runs which will certainly cost more than the $99. I would go ahead and try/ do it.

Status match is able to lookup your frequent flyer account status, so you do not have to have or send any documentation.

Are you sure that you don't have a hotel status or something that would get you 50K?
Thanks for this. You inspired me to go ahead and apply tonight...they asked me to upload a screen cap of one of the Delta pages with certain information on it (no PDFs accepted), so after messing around with that I think I got it to work.

Alas, I was self-funded about 97% of the time in all those years in getting up to Million Miler, so I was never able to play the hotel-program game. I had some kind of status on Spirit once and used to be one of their cardholders, but that's lapsed. I did get 50K for a couple of years on the back of 3x and 5x promos, with the most useful benefit to me being reserving the stretch seats at the time of booking (25% mile bonus on EQMs a distant second).

I've got a fun trip in the pipeline with U2 in Las Vegas and maybe another at some point, but if the status match comes thru it'll be good not to worry about paid tickets vs. award tickets and getting enough mileage on paid tickets and just be able to do what makes the most sense. Though if they make it worth my while like the 20K promo they did in the spring that builds up RDMs I might bite again.