2024 Status Match promo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023, 8:48 am
Original Poster

2024 Status Match promo

https://www.frontierstatusmatch.com/faq/#programs
Old Sep 15, 2023, 9:30 am

Benefits for Flights Booked Prior to Match

Looking at doing this as we have a flight booked in December for 4 people (haven't paid for bags or seats yet). From other posts it seems (but would like to confirm) that once you get status you can take advantage of the seat assignment and free carry on benefit for a flight already booked (although sounds like you may have to call in and have your account number removed and then re-added to the flight).

Anyone have any opposite experiences where they deny you elite benefits on flights booked prior to having status? The FAQs say benefits only apply for flights booked after but also talk about that in terms of discounts and prepaid items as opposed to things like a carry on so hoping the FAQ isn't really applicable to seats/carry on.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by David Simon
Looking at doing this as we have a flight booked in December for 4 people (haven't paid for bags or seats yet). From other posts it seems (but would like to confirm) that once you get status you can take advantage of the seat assignment and free carry on benefit for a flight already booked (although sounds like you may have to call in and have your account number removed and then re-added to the flight).

Anyone have any opposite experiences where they deny you elite benefits on flights booked prior to having status? The FAQs say benefits only apply for flights booked after but also talk about that in terms of discounts and prepaid items as opposed to things like a carry on so hoping the FAQ isn't really applicable to seats/carry on.
I've had this update in the past by just adding the confirmation number to my profile again. It's been a while, so not sure if that still works. This Gowild facebook group did lay out steps they used to get the benefits on flights already booked after the Elite Challenges were launched. Here are the steps they posted since the Link seems to show broken on here:

For those of you who purchased the Elite Status and got the Frontier Elite 20K Status e-mail but need to update a previously booked flight try the following.
Step 1: Find your flight information that was send to your email.
Step 2: Press on Access your booking
Step 3: The website then should pull up “your cart”.
Step 4: Press Edit under Passenger
Step 5: The Passenger Info should pull up and then go to the bottom and press continue. (This is the critical step as it re-registers your Frontiers Airline # and then it finds that your Airlines # is Elite Status)
Step 6: Go and add your Carry-on and choose your seat.

Last edited by lidosjawn; Sep 15, 2023 at 9:45 am Reason: Post Steps
Old Sep 15, 2023, 2:32 pm

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Originally Posted by lidosjawn
I've had this update in the past by just adding the confirmation number to my profile again. It's been a while, so not sure if that still works. This Gowild facebook group did lay out steps they used to get the benefits on flights already booked after the Elite Challenges were launched. Here are the steps they posted since the Link seems to show broken on here:

For those of you who purchased the Elite Status and got the Frontier Elite 20K Status e-mail but need to update a previously booked flight try the following.
Step 1: Find your flight information that was send to your email.
Step 2: Press on Access your booking
Step 3: The website then should pull up “your cart”.
Step 4: Press Edit under Passenger
Step 5: The Passenger Info should pull up and then go to the bottom and press continue. (This is the critical step as it re-registers your Frontiers Airline # and then it finds that your Airlines # is Elite Status)
Step 6: Go and add your Carry-on and choose your seat.
Thanks for the tips! I jumped for the Elite 100K status match with my United 1K status and will repeat what you mentioned about to ensure I get the benefits for the flights already booked in October.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 2:57 pm

I did the 50k match for Marriott Platinum status. I was presented with an offer at checkout for 100k elite at an additional $399. It was a lot, but I decided it was worth it for my circumstances.

I noticed my card was charged for the original application fee ($99 + $50 for doing a status match a second time since Nov 2020) plus $499 (not $399 like was advertised). I'll wait until the charge actually posts before getting to concerned about it. I did get two receipts ($149 and $499). Just want to give a heads up to everyone if you are thinking of paying the extra upgrade fee. One favor to ask...if someone is presented with the $399 upgrade, could you please take a screenshot of the $399 upgrade offer page and share that? Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot of it and I'd like to have that in case I have to dispute being overcharged by $100.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K
So the "processing fee" is now up to $149 from $49 in 2020. Another $50 on top if you've matched in the last years (though creating a new account might work).

Now longer worth it for me, especially since they downgraded the luggage to 40 lbs only. But it will probably still work for some.
alchemista likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Is this a new offer for this year?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 6:43 pm

I am a Delta platinum medallion and its only offering me a 50K status match, despite the website table saying I am eligible for 100K. Anyone else seeing different?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Just when you think you are out....they suck you back in.
HawaiiDave, chica, UAL123 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm curious if anyone has ever accidentally fat-fingered their current airline status, i.e. accidentally selected a tier or two above what you actually have?

I mean, those drop-down menus can be a little tedious sometimes. And face it, we're not exactly dealing with the world's best IT team.....
italdesign likes this.

Last edited by hobo13; Sep 15, 2023 at 9:03 pm
Old Sep 15, 2023, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone have trouble getting the status match to process? After rejecting the Go Wild addition, it says your application is processing, but that doesn't seem to actually be the case.Like you don't get to the payment page, and they don't send any correspondence to your email.
rkonda likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by PokerWhammy
I am a Delta platinum medallion and its only offering me a 50K status match, despite the website table saying I am eligible for 100K. Anyone else seeing different?
Went back to website and it let me match to 100k this time, so I submitted the application.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 8:41 am

I ran into the same situation, rejecting the Go Wild addition, it says your application is processing.. no application number or emails.... any insights would be helpful

Last edited by rkonda; Sep 16, 2023 at 8:42 am Reason: Add info
Old Sep 16, 2023, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
Anyone have trouble getting the status match to process? After rejecting the Go Wild addition, it says your application is processing, but that doesn't seem to actually be the case.Like you don't get to the payment page, and they don't send any correspondence to your email.
This is what displays after I enter in the frequent flyer info, decline the go wild offer and before any payment comes up. I've received no further correspondence from them:
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:03 pm

Applied last night at 9:30pm and was approved today at noon. United 1K for 100K Frontier. $149 plus the $50 for a 2020 prior status match.

Actually, given the increased spend needed for United 1K, I will not make it for next year. So, maybe this will fill in for some of those United flights that I had to take.

My wife, however, is not thrilled. She has several quite negative memories of last minute plane cancellations and getting stuck over night when the flight from the hub never showed up.

Last, doing some initial booking planning. There are cases where the Go Wild fares are really cheap compared to the Discount Den fares. A spring and summer subscription might make sense for next year. Would have to buy one for each of us, tho. Smells like you break even at about 3 round-trips, at least for the fall/winter $299 version.

See you at the pre-boarding line.

edit: The 100K status seems to have been added to my account almost immediately upon approval. I just made my first $19 each way reservation with free 'the works' bundle.
HawaiiDave and alchemista like this.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Sep 16, 2023 at 1:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.