Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Status Match promo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ericjenrique
When I tried it on my phone, kept getting error message after clicking “submit”. I tried it again on a computer and got the message that I was not eligible to use Spirit Gold because I got Spirit Gold from matching with Frontier. So got 50k from Hilton Gold which is what I would have gotten through Marriott Platinum anyways. I did see on FB group that people were able to contact status match support after getting 50k to get the 100 k upgrade link again via email. But now, after weighing the options, not sure it’s worth paying $399 for 100k when I expect most of my travel to be done with GWP. While the refundability perk with 100k is great, I wouldn’t be able
to cancel 24 hours before since I won’t know if I get. GWP ticket until 24 hours before travel. But if someone here thinks otherwise, I’m all ears.
The >24 hour cancel is only if you want a refund to your credit card. You can still cancel <24 but you get it as a credit. Assuming you are flying F9 a lot, a credit is ok -- you just end up rolling them from one trip to the next.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:10 pm

Did anyone also get an email from statusmatch after applying, saying: "To complete your Frontier Status Match application confirm your email address by clicking on the link below". Once I clicked on the link, it wanted me to login/create an account.

I went ahead and created the account, but now I am wondering if I really needed to create an account.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
$49 for 100K during inception was an incredible value, in my view. Then, it was $99, which was excellent. Ah, at $149? Probably, but as with another poster, I'm pretty happy with the NK Gold match, though I'd prefer SFO to OAK, of course.

If I hadn't already bought the match with NK, I'd probably bite at $149 for 100K.
yeah, P2 & I earned gold early this yr with NK valid til Dec 2024, plus P2 could add me as companion with WN, so no reason / interest to pay $149 or 200 that will last only til Dec 2024
Old Sep 19, 2023, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pyx44
Did anyone also get an email from statusmatch after applying, saying: "To complete your Frontier Status Match application confirm your email address by clicking on the link below". Once I clicked on the link, it wanted me to login/create an account.

I went ahead and created the account, but now I am wondering if I really needed to create an account.
From my family's experience, I'm pretty sure that's "misinformation." You can ignore it.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 6:36 am

Programs: Frontier (50k), Southwest, Wyndham (Diamond), Hyatt (Discoverist), National (Executive), Amex (Plat)
Hmmmmm... I'm probably going to hit 20K organically for next year, so I'm strongly debating it. The only real benefits for me are being able to pick stretch seats at booking (rather than checkin) and a discount on DD. Is it worth $150 for that? That's a harder decision than it should be.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by aerosly
Hmmmmm... I'm probably going to hit 20K organically for next year, so I'm strongly debating it. The only real benefits for me are being able to pick stretch seats at booking (rather than checkin) and a discount on DD. Is it worth $150 for that? That's a harder decision than it should be.
In my view, 20K is fine. The higher status, if I recall, is mostly for the Works package, and if you buy the cheapo fares as I do, they're disposable. I mean, I really need protection on the SFO - LAS $15 - $19 express? Just let me board first w/bin space in one of the front 3 aisles. I'd probably save the $150.

PS - Am I the only one who experiences this? It seems like I'm the only elite of any kind on these F9 flights.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my view, 20K is fine. The higher status, if I recall, is mostly for the Works package, and if you buy the cheapo fares as I do, they're disposable. I mean, I really need protection on the SFO - LAS $15 - $19 express? Just let me board first w/bin space in one of the front 3 aisles. I'd probably save the $150.

PS - Am I the only one who experiences this? It seems like I'm the only elite of any kind on these F9 flights.
But unless you're 100K, your companions get nothing. Am I correct on that?
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: Frontier (50k), Southwest, Wyndham (Diamond), Hyatt (Discoverist), National (Executive), Amex (Plat)
Originally Posted by iahphx
At 50k, you can pick their seats for them (including Stretch), but that's about it.
iahphx likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:38 pm

Yes, I think you're right. I had forgotten about the companion benefit, which could be quite substantial when traveling with the family.
iahphx likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I think you're right. I had forgotten about the companion benefit, which could be quite substantial when traveling with the family.
I usually fly with my wife and I like the 100K status because it means no flying hassles (other than Frontier's general ineptitude which only bothers me a little since very few of my flights are ever cancelled or severely delayed). Today, I just bought us some more $19 tickets. It's a riduculous deal if they fly where you need to go.
jjbiv, pretzlaff and Visconti like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 4:01 pm

Yeah, $19 as 100K with the Works is unbeatable. At this point, I'd rather lose the fare than deal with their customer service. It's just not worth it.
GumboCook, jjbiv and pretzlaff like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:04 pm

if traveling with companion(s) & can't get 100k status, don't bother to buy for a lower status

Last edited by danhouston; Sep 19, 2023 at 8:11 pm
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
if traveling with companion(s) & can't get 100k status, don't bother to buy for a lower status
I'd disagree... there's a lot to be said for having all your companions sit with you in one of the first three rows, which you can do at 50K. Unless you don't like your travel companions, then it's better to claim the stretch seat for yourself and send them back to 32E.
HawaiiDave and hobo13 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, $19 as 100K with the Works is unbeatable. At this point, I'd rather lose the fare than deal with their customer service. It's just not worth it.
Frontier's customer service is horrific. You always hope you don't need it. Usually I don't -- unless they cancel my flight (which does happen often if you book more than a month ahead of time) or I want a refund on a ticket I've purchased. I have to allocate a half hour to "chat" when these problems occur. But, jeez, my average fare with them is less than $30. These days, that's about 1/5th what it would cost on any "real" airline. Everyone has a price. Mine is apparently "1/5th the cost."
sunrise089 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Frontier's customer service is horrific. You always hope you don't need it. Usually I don't -- unless they cancel my flight (which does happen often if you book more than a month ahead of time) or I want a refund on a ticket I've purchased. I have to allocate a half hour to "chat" when these problems occur. But, jeez, my average fare with them is less than $30. These days, that's about 1/5th what it would cost on any "real" airline. Everyone has a price. Mine is apparently "1/5th the cost."
My (and your) average fare is so cheap that I don't understand the value proposition of Go WIld! Why would I pay a subscription so that I can book $19 fares, when I book $25 fares without a subscription?
HawaiiDave, jjbiv and lewisc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.