Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Status Match promo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2023, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Do they issue ticket numbers or only record locators?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 12:00 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by nk15
Do they issue ticket numbers or only record locators?
Only record locators as far as what you'd be provided or can look up. Rarely do they have a ticket number on the back end that anybody could really look up, but sometimes does generate in the event of reissues or changes depending on the distribution channel that sold the ticket.
nk15 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
I vaguely remember canceling a trip a couple of years ago and getting a voucher. I then used the voucher on a second trip but then canceled that. I got nothing back because the voucher was either one time use or it exceeded the original short use by date.

nothing is simple with Frontier.
I really don't know how Frontier ticket credits work. You are entitled to a credit card refund for a cancelled ticket that has the Works Bundle. Take the credit card refund.
nk15 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Frontier Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I think the issue was that I was lazy. I think that if you cancel on line, then they give you credit for future use. To get a refund ,you have to deal with customer service. But once you get a credit, then you are stuck.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
I think the issue was that I was lazy. I think that if you cancel on line, then they give you credit for future use. To get a refund ,you have to deal with customer service. But once you get a credit, then you are stuck.
You can fill out the refund form or chat with them to get a proper refund to the original form of payment, even after they have issued you a credit refund.
iahphx and nk15 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Having cancelled numerous F9 WORKS tickets as 100k, I'm pretty sure the protocol is to cancel first, and then fill out the form to request the credit. As long as you cancel before >24 hours before the flight, you're good. You can take your time to refund to the credit card. I tend to queue up a bunch and request refunds all at once. Seems more efficient to me.
HawaiiDave and nk15 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
Having cancelled numerous F9 WORKS tickets as 100k, I'm pretty sure the protocol is to cancel first, and then fill out the form to request the credit. As long as you cancel before >24 hours before the flight, you're good. You can take your time to refund to the credit card. I tend to queue up a bunch and request refunds all at once. Seems more efficient to me.
Second this. Absolutely cancel yourself >24 hours out first and then request refund through the form. I submit the refunds right when I cancel so I don't forget which ones I've cancelled. I've been told by chat and twitter agents to request refund through the form even though they were able to request refunds themselves in the past. The timing switch seemed to coincide with the change to the current refund form.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Reaching
Second this. Absolutely cancel yourself >24 hours out first and then request refund through the form. I submit the refunds right when I cancel so I don't forget which ones I've cancelled. I've been told by chat and twitter agents to request refund through the form even though they were able to request refunds themselves in the past. The timing switch seemed to coincide with the change to the current refund form.
The only way I maintain my sanity is to have a spreadsheet dedicated to Frontier itineraries. Active, cancelled, credit, refunded, etc.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Frontier (50k), Southwest, Wyndham (Diamond), Hyatt (Discoverist), National (Executive), Amex (Plat)
Apparently, people are taking advantage of this promo (or something else crazy is going on). I've been flying F9 for years, and always been able to select my preferred seats (1A or 1D) at checkin with my elite 20K. Two weeks ago, I checked in for a flight MEM-MCO, and the only stretch seat available in the first three rows was 2F. I checked in for a flight MCO-TYS today, and the first three rows were entirely full and the exit row seat I was able to get was the last remaining stretch. Once may have been a fluke, but twice--and especially on a route MCO-TYS, which shouldn't be very full--is a sign they have a lot more elites.

I would have organically qualified for 20k after this flight, but I went ahead and forked over my $150 to upgrade to 50k for 2024 anyway. The ability to choose seats at booking is worth it.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by statusmatch.com
Unable to verify your Frontier member number. Please try again, ensuring all details entered are exactly as they are on your Frontier account.
Keep getting this message when trying to apply for the match, and at this point I am literally copying and pasting the details from my Frontier account itself.

Starting to wonder if it was meant to be.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Keep getting this message when trying to apply for the match, and at this point I am literally copying and pasting the details from my Frontier account itself.

Starting to wonder if it was meant to be.
I guess website issues. Tried again 2 hours later and it worked.

Applied to match from AA Platinum, was offered to just buy my way to Elite 100K for an additional $499. I declined. Not sure if that was a deal or not, but, I didn't want to be $600 into this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
I guess website issues. Tried again 2 hours later and it worked.

Applied to match from AA Platinum, was offered to just buy my way to Elite 100K for an additional $499. I declined. Not sure if that was a deal or not, but, I didn't want to be $600 into this.
I wouldn't drop another $500 for elite 100k, especially with the updates next year. Only major differences are 50k only gets half off discount den (free for 100k), travel companions can't get stretch seats until check-in, and flights are only refundable to voucher rather than form of payment. A couple other benefits like a 2nd checked bag for 100Ks, but most stuff that won't be useful often.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by lowfareair
I wouldn't drop another $500 for elite 100k, especially with the updates next year. Only major differences are 50k only gets half off discount den (free for 100k), travel companions can't get stretch seats until check-in, and flights are only refundable to voucher rather than form of payment. A couple other benefits like a 2nd checked bag for 100Ks, but most stuff that won't be useful often.
50k gets no change / cancel fee 7+ days from travel. 100K gets refundability +1 day from travel, (presumably) no change / cancel fee up until the flight.

1 vs. 7 day could easily be worth it to the right person. Now imagine that you are traveling with a family. I don't regret the $499 at all.
sunrise089 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:09 pm

Just a data point - booked a flight in January for 6 people with new status match (50k), but unable to add free carry on and checked bag to companions since switchover to Platinum does not happen until 1/1/24. Thought I could get the bags added manually, but customer support says I am unable to. Asked if I can reach back out on 1/1/24 to get the bags added, but they advised that the reservation will only have 50K benefits and not the new Platinum benefits, even though the flight is in 2024. Any one have any luck with customer service honoring benefits for 2024 flights?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by skorp29851
Just a data point - booked a flight in January for 6 people with new status match (50k), but unable to add free carry on and checked bag to companions since switchover to Platinum does not happen until 1/1/24. Thought I could get the bags added manually, but customer support says I am unable to. Asked if I can reach back out on 1/1/24 to get the bags added, but they advised that the reservation will only have 50K benefits and not the new Platinum benefits, even though the flight is in 2024. Any one have any luck with customer service honoring benefits for 2024 flights?
I got you on seat selection, maybe it will carry you through to bag selection too:

Originally Posted by lidosjawn
I've had this update in the past by just adding the confirmation number to my profile again. It's been a while, so not sure if that still works. This Gowild facebook group did lay out steps they used to get the benefits on flights already booked after the Elite Challenges were launched. Here are the steps they posted since the Link seems to show broken on here:

For those of you who purchased the Elite Status and got the Frontier Elite 20K Status e-mail but need to update a previously booked flight try the following.
Step 1: Find your flight information that was send to your email.
Step 2: Press on Access your booking
Step 3: The website then should pull up “your cart”.
Step 4: Press Edit under Passenger
Step 5: The Passenger Info should pull up and then go to the bottom and press continue. (This is the critical step as it re-registers your Frontiers Airline # and then it finds that your Airlines # is Elite Status)
Step 6: Go and add your Carry-on and choose your seat.
pretzlaff likes this.

Last edited by asusc; Dec 9, 2023 at 11:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.