FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2024 Status Match promo
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:03 pm
pretzlaff

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Applied last night at 9:30pm and was approved today at noon. United 1K for 100K Frontier. $149 plus the $50 for a 2020 prior status match.

Actually, given the increased spend needed for United 1K, I will not make it for next year. So, maybe this will fill in for some of those United flights that I had to take.

My wife, however, is not thrilled. She has several quite negative memories of last minute plane cancellations and getting stuck over night when the flight from the hub never showed up.

Last, doing some initial booking planning. There are cases where the Go Wild fares are really cheap compared to the Discount Den fares. A spring and summer subscription might make sense for next year. Would have to buy one for each of us, tho. Smells like you break even at about 3 round-trips, at least for the fall/winter $299 version.

See you at the pre-boarding line.

edit: The 100K status seems to have been added to my account almost immediately upon approval. I just made my first $19 each way reservation with free 'the works' bundle.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Sep 16, 2023 at 1:36 pm