FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2024 Status Match promo
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2023, 5:51 pm
sunrise089

Originally Posted by iahphx
Right, the Go Wild promo has no appeal to me whatsoever. But I usually have the luxury of flying on off-peak days (which I prefer, since the airplane and airport experience tends to be a little better). The crazy $19 and $29 are usually only available on these off-peak days. Peak days can get kind of expensive. I assume the Go Wild pass can help on those busier days?
As someone who is in the black using it already, it helps on busy days but especially for last-minute travel. Turning $38 flights to $14 flights isn't a huge deal, but turning $400 flights to $14 flights allows me to fly when I'd otherwise just stay home. For someone who is good at planning all their travel a few weeks out plus is flexible with respect to when to fly I concur the pass holds a lot less appeal.

Originally Posted by aerosly
Most of my more recent flights have been totally full, though, so those previously empty Stretch seats could be other 20K Elites claiming them at the last second, or just lucky people who didn't pick a seat at check-in and got randomly assigned to one. Only on one or two flights have I seen a handicapped person or someone unable to walk far who clearly *needed* the extra room sitting in those seats.
My strong suspicion given how close to departure the rows seems to fill up is they're passengers getting the seats for free when they check in close to flight time.