Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Just noticed an information from their website on booking section that Finnair flies direct to Alicante during 26.3.17 - 28.10.17.
Now that text is removed and no AY flights to ALC.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Starting sept 15 Finnair will codeshare most of Braathens Regional Airlines (TF, previous Malmö aviation) flights. Not only codeshare, but also a promise to "connect new cities with Finnairs network", and hopefully this means a coordinated fare structure (ie so that a MMX-TYO won't cost twice as much as a GOT-TYO). If so, this will make BMA sort of a swedish hub, serving VBY, AGH, SDL, THN, KLR, RNB, VXO, HAD and OSD with a sweden-BMA-HEL-Asia. Two stop connections are obviously not as good as one-stop, and in this aspect it is a bit sad that AY still only serves STO and GOT with direct HEL flights.

HEL-UME will also be sold as TF in the future (today it is sold as AY op by TF only)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I see that the Vilnius flights next summer will be to Kaunas for the roadwork time, why not try that city for once...
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by intuition
Starting sept 15 Finnair will codeshare most of Braathens Regional Airlines (TF, previous Malmö aviation) flights. Not only codeshare, but also a promise to "connect new cities with Finnairs network", and hopefully this means a coordinated fare structure (ie so that a MMX-TYO won't cost twice as much as a GOT-TYO). If so, this will make BMA sort of a swedish hub, serving VBY, AGH, SDL, THN, KLR, RNB, VXO, HAD and OSD with a sweden-BMA-HEL-Asia. Two stop connections are obviously not as good as one-stop, and in this aspect it is a bit sad that AY still only serves STO and GOT with direct HEL flights
Interesting. Today already there are many passengers connecting to Indian flights in HEL. Problem is, BMA-HEL is always late so the people need to hurry as they hold the long-haul. And on BMA I see the BRA flight network being advertised as a Swedish central node.

It does crack me up every time I am invited to the "Bra lounge" on my ticket
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by cistavoda
3200€ is a bit steep. Though I'd pay to avoid Slush...
Now, its "just" 2000€ for business and 593€ in eco. That's low enough, for me to skip the Slush
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by WelcometoHEL
Now, its "just" 2000€ for business and 593€ in eco. That's low enough, for me to skip the Slush
And I just paid €1050 for Eco Cmofort
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:52 am

So Finnair screw this SFO thing up and made these flights look like a sombrero tours going to America:

ECONOMY CLASS FLIGHTS
Finnair Plus tier members are not entitled to an Economy Comfort seat free of charge on this flight.

Finnair Plus points cannot be used to purchase this flight.

Travel class upgrades are not available on this flight.

Finnair Plus tier benefits are not available for this flight, with the exception of Finnair Lounge access or Priority check-in according to your membership tier.
https://www.finnair.com/int/gb/slush2016-san-francisco

So no tier multiplier ?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
So Finnair screw this SFO thing up and made these flights look like a sombrero tours going to America:

https://www.finnair.com/int/gb/slush2016-san-francisco

So no tier multiplier ?
I already got interested in this new price, but if no tier multiplier in points, no free wifi nor any free drinks during the flight, no extra piece of baggage, or any other top tier benefits, forget it! It really seems that they are screwing the whole thing. I'll think of something else.

Just wonder why on earth they had to start making nonsense like this, why not operate the flights as normal and offer all the standard benefits to top tier members and get the plane filled up! Do they deliberately want to fly almost empty plane there and back? Weird!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:25 am

Yeah, this is insane why Finnair makes these unique West Coast flights feel and look like a reduced service leisure flight to Rhodes or Teneriffe.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:44 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Are ypu sure about points?!?
I read the text as meaning no seat selection, no free drink and so on. If no points awarded, then that is a major thing and should be declared. I mean, isnt thee points multipliere even on aurinkomatkat?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:56 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The SFO offer was now advertized via Finnair Plus email marketing.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Courmisch
The SFO offer was now advertized via Finnair Plus email marketing.
According to email point accrual is normal.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by reflektia
According to email point accrual is normal.
Now maybe added?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:38 am

When booking special HEL-SFO-HEL still misleading information in terms:

Return flight AY4512 San Francisco–Helsinki on 2 December 2016, scheduled departure time 10.00
Right details are here:
AY4512
OPERATED BY FINNAIR
Departure
Terminal I, San Francisco International, San Francisco
13:45, Friday 02 December 2016

Arrival
Terminal 2, Helsinki Vantaa, Helsinki
10:10, Saturday 03 December 2016
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:06 am

LGG going to SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.