Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
What about the wetleases on these PRG codeshare? AY6792 is "OPERATED BY SMARTWINGS FOR CZECH AIRLINES"? It is AY flightnumber and it should earn on AY but it is after all a codeshare on a Skyteam member operated by a non-allied low cost carrier...
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Well I was unsure about that too, but now tested 2 times in practice, AY6xxx will get you points and tiers, but I had to retroclaim both, they did not post automatically.

On another note to the codeshare talk about AY&NZ, I saw that my friend had booked exactly that combo when he came to me asking about some advices and I almost wanted to blame him for booking that NZ code, but then I let it go since how could he know he is not hanging around on FT, just plain Svensson.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
1. Good to know, even if retro-claim is a bit on-the-border.

2. Am I to understand he was unhappy with the ticket that came out after paying (or what is another unrelated isssue he asked you about)?
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
There are no code-shares between AY and NZ; there is only interline.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Does anyone know where weekly flight schedules would be available between two destinations?

Much like the printed flight schedules used to be in the past.

I know that the flights to/from Helsinki were shown in the schedule search earlier in this way. But I can't find that anymore.

This would make it easier to plan for trips as you would know when there are direct flight services and when not.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
https://www.finnair.com/int/gb/infor...ghts/timetable
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Thank you.

This is good for Finnair flights.

Do you know if there is some site which would show all OW flights?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Aviating

Do you know if there is some site which would show all OW flights?
https://www.oneworld.com/flights/timetable-search
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
When did Finnair start to have three pairs of "daily" flights to BUD? Was just booking my holiday flight today and noticed that on Thursdays in August there is an evening departure. Same for July, but if I see it correctly, in June it is operated sometimes also on Sundays (AY757/758).
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
When did Finnair start to have three pairs of "daily" flights to BUD? Was just booking my holiday flight today and noticed that on Thursdays in August there is an evening departure. Same for July, but if I see it correctly, in June it is operated sometimes also on Sundays (AY757/758).
I'm guessing it's only for Jun-Jul-Aug holiday period. PRG also has evening departure some dates in summer, op by Norra with E90 instead of usual Airbus. Departure from HEL somewhere around 9-10pm, overnighting in PRG iirc.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Furry
I'm guessing it's only for Jun-Jul-Aug holiday period. PRG also has evening departure some dates in summer, op by Norra with E90 instead of usual Airbus. Departure from HEL somewhere around 9-10pm, overnighting in PRG iirc.
OK, thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Furry
Departure from HEL somewhere around 9-10pm, overnighting in PRG iirc.
Late night service to PRG is AY719 and AY720 PRG-HEL arrives around 01:00 HEL.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think it's clever to put in an extra rotation for the A32x to touristy destinations (BUD, PRG). I even came across a BCN-HEL arriving at 4 am. Collegue says it was chock full!

The tourist crowd is used to crazy timings, and the aircraft earns an extra euro or two while not standing overnight on the apron in HEL.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:57 am

Just reminded me the good old times, when between HEL and BUD there were usually three pair of flights on a daily basis, when MA was still above ground...
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
According to YLE http://yle.fi/uutiset/finnair_lisaa_...ismiin/9022341 AY will reintroduce triangle routes on the domestic market.

The routes mentioned are HEL-MHQ-TKU-HEL, HEL-JYV-KAJ-HEL, HEL-KOK-TMP-HEL, HEL-JYV-KOK-HEL.

Sounds like a reasonable and sensible way to offer at least something for the upcountry airfields.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.