Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
What was the longest route they had with the 757, anyone remember? I only flew on those when last minute substitutions were made on scheduled flights with sudden high demand and a free guinea pig cage found from somewhere at Vantaa..CPH and BCN come to mind..2005/6/7 something like that..horrible config.

About the longest ones, a friend of mine flew to some holiday dest. in Brazil via the Canaries, I recall, and he was absolutely pissed off with it, described it as ”unhuman experience”. Can imagine as BCN-HEL was total hell as well and that was only 4 hrs..
I believe the 757 operated some DEL flights due to irrops.

In Brazil, the destinations were FOR (Fortaleza) and REC (Recife). Six hours to LPA was pure horror. Just imagine you're only halfway. Oh my.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
I've done HEL-HKT twice on 757, once via DXB and once via JAI, that's about 5900 miles. If my memory serves me correct, AY also did similar rotations to SGN in early 2000's, but I'm not 100% sure about this. If so, I guess that would be the longest route they used 757's. And once I did HEL-BGR-POP on 757, but that's "only" 5465 miles on great circle route.
Yeah, it was AMD before JAI. And I believe the crew managed to change AMD for JAI as AMD was a complete hellhole.

There was also at least one case where the plane landed at AMD and went tech. Pax had no Indian visas so crew went to hotel and pax slept on the floor of AMD airport. Great publicity for Aurinkomatkat.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
What was the longest route they had with the 757, anyone remember?
According to Routesonline there were some long 757 charters back in W11, like to Saigon, Panama City, Mombasa:

HEL-DXB-SGN 5487nm
HEL-YHZ-PTY 5398nm
HEL-SHJ-MBA 4434nm

And several others: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-14nov11/

I remember how Aurinkomatkat had some tempting offers to Panama, but the flight sounded horrendous.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
I believe the 757 operated some DEL flights due to irrops.
And JFK.

Exit row on 757 was just like 32B. Perhaps 757 had more comfortable seats.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I’ve been on a 757 to SGN, with a stop somewhere in India. That was not fun.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Flighta to Busan

Flights departing from Busan Gimhae International are subject to change depending on government approvals obtained by Finnair.

Saw this on Finnair website. Does this mean that flights to PUS might be in danger ?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Adjustment to traffic due to Wuhan virus

Adjustments to Finnair traffic

Finnair is cancelling its flights to Mainland China (Guangzhou, Nanjing, Beijing Capital, Beijing Daxing, Shanghai, Xi´an) until April 30, 2020.

In April, Finnair will fly to Hong Kong with one daily frequency instead of the normal two daily frequencies.

Finnair is cancelling two weekly flights from its Osaka route, and will fly to Osaka during the summer season (March 29 – October 24, 2020) with 10 weekly frequencies instead of the earlier scheduled 12 weekly frequencies.

Finnair is cancelling its daily flights to Seoul from March 9 to April 16, 2020.

Finnair is postponing the opening of its new route to Busan from March 31, 2020 to July 1, 2020.

Finnair is also cancelling its flights between Helsinki and Milan from March 9 to April 7, 2020, following an updated travel advisory from the Finnish Foreign Ministry concerning Milan.

Finnair will continue to follow the impacts of the coronavirus situation in demand for flights and will communicate further changes to its flights in due course.

Finnair communicates flight cancellations directly to customers who have bookings on these flights. Customers can then either seek for a full ticket refund or postpone their travel by contacting Finnair customer services.

In addition, Finnair is offering customers who have bookings for any Finnair flights in March the possibility to change their travel date to the same destination until the end of June 2020, if they so wish.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:31 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
The reality is hitting hard on Finnair also. INC going from daily to none is a big move on a very short notice.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:38 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
And JFK.

Exit row on 757 was just like 32B. Perhaps 757 had more comfortable seats.
Don’t remind me on this😁😁 loong time ago I argued with checkin agent at BCN which row was exit and they insisted I had an exit row aisle...well In the end I wad right and I had the row behind the exit row..it really was the worst seat ever on AY, or any scheduled plane, I’ve traveled. For 198cm traveler it was pure pain for the whole flight other than the time I spent in the galley on the jump seat chatting with FAs.

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Mar 4, 2020 at 2:46 am
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:17 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Traffic numbers from feb is out. Put into perspective, Asia looks like this.
During this phase, capacity and rev pax are cut equally fast.

Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Adjustments to Finnair traffic

Finnair is cancelling its flights to Mainland China (Guangzhou, Nanjing, Beijing Capital, Beijing Daxing, Shanghai, Xi´an) until April 30, 2020.

In April, Finnair will fly to Hong Kong with one daily frequency instead of the normal two daily frequencies.

Finnair is cancelling two weekly flights from its Osaka route, and will fly to Osaka during the summer season (March 29 – October 24, 2020) with 10 weekly frequencies instead of the earlier scheduled 12 weekly frequencies.

Finnair is cancelling its daily flights to Seoul from March 9 to April 16, 2020.

Finnair is postponing the opening of its new route to Busan from March 31, 2020 to July 1, 2020.

Finnair is also cancelling its flights between Helsinki and Milan from March 9 to April 7, 2020, following an updated travel advisory from the Finnish Foreign Ministry concerning Milan.

Finnair will continue to follow the impacts of the coronavirus situation in demand for flights and will communicate further changes to its flights in due course.

Finnair communicates flight cancellations directly to customers who have bookings on these flights. Customers can then either seek for a full ticket refund or postpone their travel by contacting Finnair customer services.

In addition, Finnair is offering customers who have bookings for any Finnair flights in March the possibility to change their travel date to the same destination until the end of June 2020, if they so wish.
Some Osaka flights cancelled until October! Wow. I have one coming up in June with the flight number and day of the week mentioned above, havent gotten any message about it yet
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Some Osaka flights cancelled until October! Wow. I have one coming up in June with the flight number and day of the week mentioned above, havent gotten any message about it yet
I have reservation for AY67 for late May. My app showed the flight is cancelled, but not email. I contacted CS, and the ticket was changed for AY77, and even the upgrade could be transferred.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Ukki
I have reservation for AY67 for late May. My app showed the flight is cancelled, but not email. I contacted CS, and the ticket was changed for AY77, and even the upgrade could be transferred.
I might want to cancel my trip overall. But it seems I wont be able to get a refund for the entire trip here.. right?
I thiiink I'm not going to have them rebook me at this stage, and wait until my flight TO Japan will also get cancelled.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
I might want to cancel my trip overall. But it seems I wont be able to get a refund for the entire trip here.. right?
I thiiink I'm not going to have them rebook me at this stage, and wait until my flight TO Japan will also get cancelled.
If one of the flights in your itinerary is cancelled, you may cancel the whole trip and receive a full refund.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
HEL-HND launches march 2020, "subject to slot availability."

AY061 HEL-HND 00:50-16:50
AY062 HND-HEL 01:35-05:50

Currently it seems you are not allowed to combine AY61 with AY62 on the same ticket ?!)?!
There has been a small schedule change:

AY 61 23:55-15:20+1
AY 62 01:35-5:30

according to Finnair.com (Sat, March 28 only: AY 61 23:55-16:20).

However, let's see when they will actually launch the route...:/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.