Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VilBur
HEL-DOH AY1981 16:00-23:45 333 16DEC22-
DOH-HEL AY1982 08:00-14:15 333 17DEC22-

ARN-DOH AY1983 15:10-23:50 333 01NOV22-
DOH-ARN AY1984 08:10-13:25 333 02NOV22-

CPH-DOH AY1985 15:15-23:30 333 01NOV22-
DOH-CPH AY1986 08:15-13:10 333 02NOV22-

Flights are considered long-haul (AY+ awards & accrual as well as complimentary meals in all classes of travel).

AY and QR both have set quotas and specifically allocated seats on board. At least on the ARN service, the AY quota in J is 7 seats (1L, 2DHL, 3DHL) and the Y quota is 61 seats (3136 DEGHJL, 59JL, 6163DEGHJL.

The PE cabin is not sold by either airline. The PE seats belong to the QR quota and can be assigned to QR Y pax at no extra charge.

Transferring at DOH, you will have access to the following lounges when departing on AY or QR, in descending order:
1. Al Safwa, for QR customers ticketed in F. Close to the bear
2. Al Mourjan lounges, for AY & QR customers ticketed in J (J Light not eligible). Al Mourjan South is close to the bear (escalator up right next to the escalator coming down from transfer security). Al Mourjan North (Al Mourjan Garden) entrance is located between the northern stop of the intra-terminal train and The Orchard. Al Mourjan North lounge is twice as big as Al Mourjan South and has views over The Orchard.
3. Qatar Airways Platinum & Gold Lounge North, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. This lounge is a shared Platinum & Gold lounge. Entrance near gate C14
4. Qatar Airways Platinum Lounge South, for Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1.
5. Qatar Airways Gold Lounge South, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1 (shared entrance with the Platinum Lounge South)

All lounges operate 24/7.

Print Wikipost

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:36 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
The PE cabin is dedicated to QR Y pax and my understanding is that those seats can be picked by anybody. I believe you will get to keep your seat assignment, yes.
Thank you ffay05, I thought it is a glitch but sure would be nice to keep these seats. Fingers crossed
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
How early u guys went to DOH airport from town if flight dep at 8am?
prob most folks connect transit but wonder how much from town to reserve for proceduresnot liking pyjama wakeups 😆

No check bags, OLCI, and boarding pass doesnt say anything about fast-track FWIW 🤷‍♂️
Old Mar 15, 2023, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
5:54 am jump in taxi
6:04 am get off taxi at DOH
6:11 by the bear at DOH (past security and passport control)

It was really quick and I could have left 30 min later without being in a hurry. The lounge was busy and there was a short wait to be seated in the restaurant, probably not more than 5 min.

If memory serves me right, I used the regular security lane. Might have written about it in January. I believe I did not see any priority lane.

OLCI works and with a self-printed BP, there is no need to go to the check-in desk (I walked past, and the desks were deserted, asked the agent if they want to see my passport or something and he just said I'm fine and they'll check at the gate.)
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 11:16 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
5:54 am jump in taxi
6:04 am get off taxi at DOH
6:11 by the bear at DOH (past security and passport control)

It was really quick and I could have left 30 min later without being in a hurry. The lounge was busy and there was a short wait to be seated in the restaurant, probably not more than 5 min.

If memory serves me right, I used the regular security lane. Might have written about it in January. I believe I did not see any priority lane.

OLCI works and with a self-printed BP, there is no need to go to the check-in desk (I walked past, and the desks were deserted, asked the agent if they want to see my passport or something and he just said I'm fine and they'll check at the gate.)
Pretty correct. Exceptnothing worked today seamlessly.
6:04 at the airport.
security officer at door checking plebs, didnt recognize finnair app and hesitated.
Then, went to checkin desk for printing BP, took 10mins hacking by 3 persons until I ask whats the problem. They say we cannot manage this bus connection. I say, its unsustainable, just leave it out and print me the first segment and after a while clicking I get my bp without bus connection to TKU.

Then, passport control is empty but officers lead everyone to e-gates where there is a long line. Fine, then stumbling officers try to help people register their passports with the machines but are only slowing down the flow with empty machines unattended. Then lots of folks denied, including me, by the machine. Go to manual control, i.e. the manned desks which we were forced to passhooray.

Excellent Qatar processing style such as most things here were, slow and clumsy. But maassa maan tavalla I have learned so we took it with patience, mental force 😁

Finally, ground services looks the same, waiting for pushback now onboard for about an hour as they have problem with closing the cargo door
Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Gold
considering a ticket from DOH-HEL-LAX this summer. The itinerary is only showing a 45 minute layover in HEL. I'm surprised this is an option... is 45 minutes really enough for an INTL to INTL transfer at HEL? could someone shed light on the transfer process?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by markiedawg
considering a ticket from DOH-HEL-LAX this summer. The itinerary is only showing a 45 minute layover in HEL. I'm surprised this is an option... is 45 minutes really enough for an INTL to INTL transfer at HEL? could someone shed light on the transfer process?
Yes that should be fine.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes that should be fine.
is passport control part of the transfer process or would I just need to reclear security? haven't connected through Helsinki before...just concerned about possible lines/wait time to get to next flight.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
is passport control part of the transfer process or would I just need to reclear security? haven't connected through Helsinki before...just concerned about possible lines/wait time to get to next flight.
No passport control non Schengen to non Schengen, but there will be a security check.
markiedawg likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No passport control non Schengen to non Schengen, but there will be a security check.
thanks, I appreciate the info!
Old Mar 20, 2023, 3:11 am
Original Poster

You will deplane, walk to transfer security and then walk to your next gate. No passport control. When there are no delays, there should be max. one other non-Schengen plane landing at the same time. Make sure you can exit the plane among the first pax and walk briskly to minimize waiting time at transfer security.

The non-Schengen side of the airport is not very big. If your plane is not delayed, you will have no problems making it.
renila and markiedawg like this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 9:31 am

You will deplane, walk to transfer security and then walk to your next gate. No passport control. When there are no delays, there should be max. one other non-Schengen plane landing at the same time. Make sure you can exit the plane among the first pax and walk briskly to minimize waiting time at transfer security.

The non-Schengen side of the airport is not very big. If your plane is not delayed, you will have no problems making it.

perfect, thanks for sharing the details!
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:36 pm

Ive been reading this forum with interest for the last few days as booked BLR_DOH_ARN for June.

I appreciate all the trip reports so far, but one thing Im not sure about is if QR ticket holders that get seated in PE get the normal PE service?

It took me a while to select a seat, unavailable through QR and the AY site was ridiculous also. But, I thinki have a seat in premium economy (23L). Is the onboard service any better than economy? Or is it just a slightly better seat.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

You can enjoy the seat, but the service is regular Y service as there is no PE service concept on this route.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:50 pm

Ok. Thank you! I guess the better seat is better than nothing. Would definitely prefer the usual QR economy service for that length of flight
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Indiain
Ive been reading this forum with interest for the last few days as booked BLR_DOH_ARN for June.

I appreciate all the trip reports so far, but one thing Im not sure about is if QR ticket holders that get seated in PE get the normal PE service?

It took me a while to select a seat, unavailable through QR and the AY site was ridiculous also. But, I thinki have a seat in premium economy (23L). Is the onboard service any better than economy? Or is it just a slightly better seat.

Thanks in advance
You can enjoy the seat, but the service is regular Y service as there is no PE service concept on this route.
I've been flying this route twice from Helsinki in PE and it is actually PE service concept with better catering, amenity kit, neck pillow and so on. I don't know why they do this but I'm happy to choose free premium economy instead of regular economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.