Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VilBur
HEL-DOH AY1981 16:00-23:45 333 16DEC22-
DOH-HEL AY1982 08:00-14:15 333 17DEC22-

ARN-DOH AY1983 15:10-23:50 333 01NOV22-
DOH-ARN AY1984 08:10-13:25 333 02NOV22-

CPH-DOH AY1985 15:15-23:30 333 01NOV22-
DOH-CPH AY1986 08:15-13:10 333 02NOV22-

Flights are considered long-haul (AY+ awards & accrual as well as complimentary meals in all classes of travel).

AY and QR both have set quotas and specifically allocated seats on board. At least on the ARN service, the AY quota in J is 7 seats (1L, 2DHL, 3DHL) and the Y quota is 61 seats (3136 DEGHJL, 59JL, 6163DEGHJL.

The PE cabin is not sold by either airline. The PE seats belong to the QR quota and can be assigned to QR Y pax at no extra charge.

Transferring at DOH, you will have access to the following lounges when departing on AY or QR, in descending order:
1. Al Safwa, for QR customers ticketed in F. Close to the bear
2. Al Mourjan lounges, for AY & QR customers ticketed in J (J Light not eligible). Al Mourjan South is close to the bear (escalator up right next to the escalator coming down from transfer security). Al Mourjan North (Al Mourjan Garden) entrance is located between the northern stop of the intra-terminal train and The Orchard. Al Mourjan North lounge is twice as big as Al Mourjan South and has views over The Orchard.
3. Qatar Airways Platinum & Gold Lounge North, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. This lounge is a shared Platinum & Gold lounge. Entrance near gate C14
4. Qatar Airways Platinum Lounge South, for Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1.
5. Qatar Airways Gold Lounge South, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1 (shared entrance with the Platinum Lounge South)

All lounges operate 24/7.

Print Wikipost

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2023, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
Perhaps a bit OT, but I'm curious.
Is the strict policy a post-pandemic thing?
Also, is it strict Y or is PE allowed?

Curious because Finnair PE launch seems to align decently with a lot of companies moving to a stricter policy. But of course if PE isn't allowed in new stricter policies, PE loses a lot of potential buyers.

Also, if more J flyers are limited to Y flying an airline would be wise to make sure upgrades are working perfectly. It would be a powerful influence on flyers who are able to choose airline but not class.
PE is allowed, any airline is allowed. No-C policy is just more enforced these days.
intuition likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 5:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Seat quotas in wiki seem right.

ofc I had to take one for the team and myself, trying out a mazetourism trip.

worse than 58 , preassigned row 60. Moved to 31L and 32L, just to try bulkhead or behind.

This will be also my acie test if it still holds longhaul Yquite some time! Althou this is 7ish hours so less torture.

anyhow, the commented Blush is there, in the food view in the app. Actually, food menu shows up only drinks so no matter drinks go so much-concept is popular

Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I don't get this concept at all. AY.com does not offer what I am looking for and the pricing is outrageous.

A simple itinerary like ARN-DOH-AUH return is 500€ via QR but 2000€ via AY. Same flights.
AY.com does not offer any tickets to DXB via DOH at all.
Apparently some tickets now include 0.20€ SAF:

Utter hphp...
Old Mar 11, 2023, 10:07 am

Programs: AY+Plat
I have yet to find any AY ticket for a flight via DOH comparable to QR ticket in price. The best ones are only 20-30% more expensive.

You pay less with QR ticket and have possibility to grab PE seat.

Last edited by lento; Mar 11, 2023 at 10:19 am
Old Mar 11, 2023, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
But then on the other hand, AY prices for oneway tickets on HEL-DOH or DOH-HEL are much cheaper than the same flights bought through QR.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 12:40 pm

For fun I checked also my flights which I have booked on points (not good value but so what)

Cash on AY 1460 eco
cash on QR 900

OTOH, on AY the J tickets were few euros cheaper! But around 5000 anyway😳
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
The pricing in Economy seems to be always so that buying through QR is cheaper.

I'm just checking Economy tickets for HEL-DOH-SGN-DOH-HEL for May 2023, for my dates the prices are around 1300 EUR through AY and around 1000 EUR through QR. However, flying the whole itinerary with AY flight numbers would take me to AY+ Gold level (as AY+ Silver I would earn 8800 AY+ points both HEL-DOH and DOH-HEL and ~6600 points both DOH-SGN and SGN-DOH with Economy Classic tickets, = ~30800 points total). Booking through QR with QR flight numbers would result in ~2200/3300 AY+ points HEL-DOH/DOH-HEL and ~3000/4500 points DOH-SGN/SGN-DOH depending on the fare classes selected, = ~10400-15600 points total -> in any of the QR cases, I would still be AY+ Silver.

I think I will book through AY with AY flight numbers and pay ~300 EUR extra. Then I would have AY+ Gold perks already when travelling during summer 2023. And hopefully I could use the 4SH -> 1LH upgrade voucher when travelling to US later this year.
Helsinki Flyer, SPBanker and plain like this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:35 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Welcome to the FT and AY+ Forum, VilBur! Stick around, we’re pretty harmless.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 7:54 am

Oh whYreality check since loads of time in longhaul Y. Gotta take this to remember myself why. Oh lets see hopefully I will not say this was not so bad after all and get fannied.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
DOH is basically the same length as LPA. You'll be fine. The seat is better than LPA A32B seats, too. Happy landings!
FFlash likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
DOH is basically the same length as LPA. You'll be fine. The seat is better than LPA A32B seats, too. Happy landings!
Definitely. And free drinks and food here, better IFE etc.

Y meals
I asked for sustainable vege meal but all was said only one same chicken for evbody
Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
I have upcoming flight HEL-DOH-SIN, return BKK-DOH-HEL, Y class, two pax, booked from Qatar Airways.

I wasn't able to choose seats from QR manage booking for HEL-DOH and DOH-HEL segments but in AY page i got to choose seats in row 21.
However when i go back to AY page it will not show any seats assigned but in QR page those seats are assigned to us.

These seats in row 21 are premium economy ones. Do you think I will get to keep these?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Joey73
These seats in row 21 are premium economy ones. Do you think I will get to keep these?
The PE cabin is dedicated to QR Y pax and my understanding is that those seats can be picked by anybody. I believe you will get to keep your seat assignment, yes.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FFlash
Definitely. And free drinks and food here, better IFE etc.Y meals
I asked for sustainable vege meal but all was said only one same chicken for evbody
Looks.... interesting. Thanks for the pics, I haven't seen a longhaul Y meal in a long time. They have sure gone downhill. Is there really no dessert at all?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
Looks.... interesting. Thanks for the pics, I haven't seen a longhaul Y meal in a long time. They have sure gone downhill. Is there really no dessert at all?
Pulla. Didnt touch it.

BTW on the PE seats, I think above discussion is correct, based on todays mutu-perception. PE was full, mainly finnish-speaking folks which I saw turning to transfers, and given that AY didnt sell those and neither could grab with Y tix, I assume those pax were QR tix holders and perhaps smart and quick for grabs to any QR eco buyer🤷‍♂️
well not feeling very special as AY loyal then, with higher pricing🤡🤡

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.