Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VilBur
HEL-DOH AY1981 16:00-23:45 333 16DEC22-
DOH-HEL AY1982 08:00-14:15 333 17DEC22-

ARN-DOH AY1983 15:10-23:50 333 01NOV22-
DOH-ARN AY1984 08:10-13:25 333 02NOV22-

CPH-DOH AY1985 15:15-23:30 333 01NOV22-
DOH-CPH AY1986 08:15-13:10 333 02NOV22-

Flights are considered long-haul (AY+ awards & accrual as well as complimentary meals in all classes of travel).

AY and QR both have set quotas and specifically allocated seats on board. At least on the ARN service, the AY quota in J is 7 seats (1L, 2DHL, 3DHL) and the Y quota is 61 seats (3136 DEGHJL, 59JL, 6163DEGHJL.

The PE cabin is not sold by either airline. The PE seats belong to the QR quota and can be assigned to QR Y pax at no extra charge.

Transferring at DOH, you will have access to the following lounges when departing on AY or QR, in descending order:
1. Al Safwa, for QR customers ticketed in F. Close to the bear
2. Al Mourjan lounges, for AY & QR customers ticketed in J (J Light not eligible). Al Mourjan South is close to the bear (escalator up right next to the escalator coming down from transfer security). Al Mourjan North (Al Mourjan Garden) entrance is located between the northern stop of the intra-terminal train and The Orchard. Al Mourjan North lounge is twice as big as Al Mourjan South and has views over The Orchard.
3. Qatar Airways Platinum & Gold Lounge North, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. This lounge is a shared Platinum & Gold lounge. Entrance near gate C14
4. Qatar Airways Platinum Lounge South, for Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1.
5. Qatar Airways Gold Lounge South, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1 (shared entrance with the Platinum Lounge South)

All lounges operate 24/7.

Print Wikipost

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:09 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Hello everyone – are there strong views either way on positives or negatives of choosing the AY operated service on CPH-DOH over the QR operated service (which also runs on the dates I am looking).

I’m planning a trip to SEZ and could travel early in the day on the QR-operated flight with a very long layover in Doha (10 hours, I would consider heading into Doha for dinner) or later in the afternoon on AY (much more convenient timings to connect to the ~02:00 departure to SEZ). My other three legs of the four on the trip would be op by QR, which I am very familiar with.

I would be interested to try the new AY business class seat, and I understand service on board is AY (crew, food and beverage etc). Booking would be made via QR.

Any particular reason why choosing AY would be a bad idea?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:49 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by daftboy
I would be interested to try the new AY business class seat, and I understand service on board is AY (crew, food and beverage etc). Booking would be made via QR.

In my opinion the only positive would be trying the new seat - which you might or mightnt like. Food on AY is in general very bad, drinks are cheap - a strong contrast to years gone by.
DALtoAAL and joorinainen like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
While the inflight soft product on QR is miles ahead that of AY, in practice, I would choose the routing that offers the best schedule.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 4:57 am

Thank you both - and ffay005 that was the conclusion I was coming to, much as the sound of 10 hours in Doha sounds thrilling ;-)
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you both - and ffay005 that was the conclusion I was coming to, much as the sound of 10 hours in Doha sounds thrilling ;-)
If you've never been to Doha, then by all means, why not take the longer transfer. Travel time between the city and the airport is short so you will have enough time to explore the city and have a meal in the souk. Is there a price difference?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

A friend is travelling on QR codes on HEL-DOH and is unable to select seats. How does this work? Does one need another booking reference from AY? Apparently the QR reference can be used to find the booking on AY.com, but it does not allow seat selection. QR.com does not allow it either as the flight is not QR operated. And RJ does not find the booking at all.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 6:06 pm

Hello everyone are there strong views either way on positives or negatives of choosing the AY operated service on CPH-DOH over the QR operated service (which also runs on the dates I am looking).

Im planning a trip to SEZ and could travel early in the day on the QR-operated flight with a very long layover in Doha (10 hours, I would consider heading into Doha for dinner) or later in the afternoon on AY (much more convenient timings to connect to the ~02:00 departure to SEZ). My other three legs of the four on the trip would be op by QR, which I am very familiar with.

QR over AY any day but 10 hour layover is a bit of a stretch. I would probably still go with QR and i would leave the airport and book a day room from a hotel visit the pool or massage and dinner and then back to the airport.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:12 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
A friend is travelling on QR codes on HEL-DOH and is unable to select seats. How does this work? Does one need another booking reference from AY? Apparently the QR reference can be used to find the booking on AY.com, but it does not allow seat selection. QR.com does not allow it either as the flight is not QR operated. And RJ does not find the booking at all.
It is the same booking reference. Strange that RJ does not find the booking. You may need to call/chat AY.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:20 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
The implementation is ludicrous. Seat selection only works through chat or at olci or pre allocated. If you have your favourite seat, do note it might or mightnt be available for selection depending on whether youre on QR or ay code.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen
QR over AY any day but 10 hour layover is a bit of a stretch. I would probably still go with QR and i would leave the airport and book a day room from a hotel visit the pool or massage and dinner and then back to the airport.
This is indeed what we have booked in the end - I'm very familiar with DOH airport as a transit point, but haven't ventured into the city before, so that will be a nice way to spend a few hours. Thanks all for your perspectives, much appreciated.

Interestingly price was identical for both options, even more of a reason to choose the QR-operated service I guess.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Has it been possible to book HEL-ARN/CPH-DOH on one ticket on the AY website before? Google Flights is showing me these (cheaper) options and directing to AY site for booking but AY website only gives me the direct HEL-DOH. Of course separate tickets is possible but I would rather not do that if it can be avoided.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:42 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by haapalainen
Has it been possible to book HEL-ARN/CPH-DOH on one ticket on the AY website before? Google Flights is showing me these (cheaper) options and directing to AY site for booking but AY website only gives me the direct HEL-DOH. Of course separate tickets is possible but I would rather not do that if it can be avoided.
And skip Plat wing??
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by haapalainen
Yes, it has. Last year, I flew HEL-ARN-DOH-CPH-HEL, all booked on AY.com as one ticket.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Yes, it has. Last year, I flew HEL-ARN-DOH-CPH-HEL, all booked on AY.com as one ticket.
ARN-DOH-CPH AY or QR Metal?
Old Jan 28, 2024, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joorinainen
ARN-DOH-CPH AY or QR Metal?
All AY metal and flight numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.