Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VilBur
HEL-DOH AY1981 16:00-23:45 333 16DEC22-
DOH-HEL AY1982 08:00-14:15 333 17DEC22-

ARN-DOH AY1983 15:10-23:50 333 01NOV22-
DOH-ARN AY1984 08:10-13:25 333 02NOV22-

CPH-DOH AY1985 15:15-23:30 333 01NOV22-
DOH-CPH AY1986 08:15-13:10 333 02NOV22-

Flights are considered long-haul (AY+ awards & accrual as well as complimentary meals in all classes of travel).

AY and QR both have set quotas and specifically allocated seats on board. At least on the ARN service, the AY quota in J is 7 seats (1L, 2DHL, 3DHL) and the Y quota is 61 seats (3136 DEGHJL, 59JL, 6163DEGHJL.

The PE cabin is not sold by either airline. The PE seats belong to the QR quota and can be assigned to QR Y pax at no extra charge.

Transferring at DOH, you will have access to the following lounges when departing on AY or QR, in descending order:
1. Al Safwa, for QR customers ticketed in F. Close to the bear
2. Al Mourjan lounges, for AY & QR customers ticketed in J (J Light not eligible). Al Mourjan South is close to the bear (escalator up right next to the escalator coming down from transfer security). Al Mourjan North (Al Mourjan Garden) entrance is located between the northern stop of the intra-terminal train and The Orchard. Al Mourjan North lounge is twice as big as Al Mourjan South and has views over The Orchard.
3. Qatar Airways Platinum & Gold Lounge North, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. This lounge is a shared Platinum & Gold lounge. Entrance near gate C14
4. Qatar Airways Platinum Lounge South, for Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1.
5. Qatar Airways Gold Lounge South, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1 (shared entrance with the Platinum Lounge South)

All lounges operate 24/7.

Print Wikipost

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 2:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
... Not a word of Danish or Arabic. You'd imagine at least one of the FAs were Danish, but apparently no.
Just a sidenote, but I was on a Iberia Express flight to CPH recently and there were announcement in Danish. IIRC, Aegean also had Danish announcements on arrival to CPH. So it seems some airlines actually has this principle of carrying at least one FA speaking the language of the destination.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
Just a sidenote, but I was on a Iberia Express flight to CPH recently and there were announcement in Danish. IIRC, Aegean also had Danish announcements on arrival to CPH. So it seems some airlines actually has this principle of carrying at least one FA speaking the language of the destination.
Or like Air France from Germany, they just have a recording of the German.
LoungeEnthusiast and mpkz like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Im pretty sure local announcements are prerecorded. AF and IB do these at least.

Anyway, perhaps back to QR cooperation.
mpkz likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
But AY have prerecordings too on shorthaul flights. For example German to Zurich and French to Geneva, or Estonian on Norra to Tallinn.

I guess they dont use the same system on widebody fleet, but cant imagine it to be difficult to load them to A330/A350.
mpkz likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 5:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A330/A350 need to have such an option installed in advance, which most European airlines don't opt for. AFAIR QR has such prerecorded announcements on all their aircraft, the McD/Purser just pushes a button or two when there is a standard announcement to make.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A330/A350 need to have such an option installed in advance, which most European airlines don't opt for. AFAIR QR has such prerecorded announcements on all their aircraft, the McD/Purser just pushes a button or two when there is a standard announcement to make.
The only Danish announcements I have had on QR on Copenhagen flights was when the pilot actually happened to be Danish, I have never had any Danish from the cabin crew, so I guess the language needs to be more exotic than that to be on the recordings. The Japanese announcements are made by an actual FA, so that is also not exotic enough.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by florens
But AY have prerecordings too on shorthaul flights. For example German to Zurich and French to Geneva, or Estonian on Norra to Tallinn.

I guess they dont use the same system on widebody fleet, but cant imagine it to be difficult to load them to A330/A350.
Loading extra pre-recorded messages is not sustainable! Must keep loading to the bare minimum, in order to minimizet fuel consumption
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen
I wonder how long this codeshare is supposed to last? Sooner it ends the better.

Anyone have idea if i buy separate tickets from AY for HEL-DOH and BA award with QR for DOH-XXX. Will AY check my bags all the way through?
Has anyone had any luck with this?

I'm looking to book RVN - DOH (via HEL) with cash on Finnair, and then points from DOH - PER on Qatar air using Velocity points.

The connection time is 2 hours 50 minutes, which should be enough, but doesn't allow a lot of time for delays. Having the luggage checked through and boarding passes issued would be highly beneficial at de-risking.

The flight times (235AM) mean that waiting for the next flight (24 hours) means I need to pay for 2 nights accommodation in DOH.

I even looked at booking the finnair legs via the Qatar airways website, but the pricing is significantly higher doing it that way.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ffay005
With this limited experience and with all imaginable disclaimers, I would suggest that if you live in the ARN or MMX/CPH area, look for AY tickets via DOH to your final destination and if you find a good price in Y, expect to be able to upgrade the AY-op leg at a very god price (and then sit in Y on the QR-op leg). I paid 126 and 129 euros for my upgrades.
Were the upgrades in the AY app or at a desk? I have a couple of these legs coming up so the prices sound very tempting...
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by GaryK84
Were the upgrades in the AY app or at a desk? I have a couple of these legs coming up so the prices sound very tempting...
They appeared in the app. 50k points or one long haul voucher or 126 EUR. Not a difficult choice to make!
GaryK84 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Onboard AY1962 right now, surprised to find out that no champagne served as pre-departure beverage, only water and blueberry juice. AY doesnt want to pay the Qatari alcohol-tax?

Due to drone-action in Iran the flight time will be 7.35 avoiding the Iranian airspace.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: Onko teill S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by vulle
Onboard AY1962 right now, surprised to find out that no champagne served as pre-departure beverage, only water and blueberry juice. AY doesnt want to pay the Qatari alcohol-tax?

Due to drone-action in Iran the flight time will be 7.35 avoiding the Iranian airspace.
Looks like your are avoiding Iraqi airspace, going almost west from Qatar.
All EK and QR flights go through Iraq towards Turkey. I think its more sustainable to fly the long way around?
Old Jan 30, 2023, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
Looks like your are avoiding Iraqi airspace, going almost west from Qatar.
All EK and QR flights go through Iraq towards Turkey. I think its more sustainable to fly the long way around?
I guess were avoiding both Iraq and Iran today, ETA 15:15.

According to the chief purser the reason for no champagne on ground is the Qatari customs
not sure if its not allowed to serve alcohol or if Finnair doesnt want to pay the high duty.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 1:47 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
According to the chief purser the reason for no champagne on ground is the Qatari customs
not sure if its not allowed to serve alcohol or if Finnair doesnt want to pay the high duty.
QR has no problem serving champagne as PDB when departing from DOH in Business or First.
NoWindowSeat and intuition like this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess were avoiding both Iraq and Iran today, ETA 15:15.

I think I might call BS on that excuse. QR is actually quite prone to not serving PDB champagne in airports with high duty (hello Copenhagen route) but they gladly serve champagne on Doha departures. Or is there a sneaky exemption for Qatar?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.