Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VilBur
HEL-DOH AY1981 16:00-23:45 333 16DEC22-
DOH-HEL AY1982 08:00-14:15 333 17DEC22-

ARN-DOH AY1983 15:10-23:50 333 01NOV22-
DOH-ARN AY1984 08:10-13:25 333 02NOV22-

CPH-DOH AY1985 15:15-23:30 333 01NOV22-
DOH-CPH AY1986 08:15-13:10 333 02NOV22-

Flights are considered long-haul (AY+ awards & accrual as well as complimentary meals in all classes of travel).

AY and QR both have set quotas and specifically allocated seats on board. At least on the ARN service, the AY quota in J is 7 seats (1L, 2DHL, 3DHL) and the Y quota is 61 seats (3136 DEGHJL, 59JL, 6163DEGHJL.

The PE cabin is not sold by either airline. The PE seats belong to the QR quota and can be assigned to QR Y pax at no extra charge.

Transferring at DOH, you will have access to the following lounges when departing on AY or QR, in descending order:
1. Al Safwa, for QR customers ticketed in F. Close to the bear
2. Al Mourjan lounges, for AY & QR customers ticketed in J (J Light not eligible). Al Mourjan South is close to the bear (escalator up right next to the escalator coming down from transfer security). Al Mourjan North (Al Mourjan Garden) entrance is located between the northern stop of the intra-terminal train and The Orchard. Al Mourjan North lounge is twice as big as Al Mourjan South and has views over The Orchard.
3. Qatar Airways Platinum & Gold Lounge North, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. This lounge is a shared Platinum & Gold lounge. Entrance near gate C14
4. Qatar Airways Platinum Lounge South, for Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1.
5. Qatar Airways Gold Lounge South, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1 (shared entrance with the Platinum Lounge South)

All lounges operate 24/7.

Print Wikipost

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2023, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by joorinainen
I wonder how long this codeshare is supposed to last? Sooner it ends the better.
QR suffers from a lack of planes, so I suppose it'll last until QR has enough planes.
joorinainen likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE) | SK EB Gold (*G)
I wonder how long this codeshare is supposed to last? Sooner it ends the better.

The deal runs until 2025.
joorinainen likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Makeflyer
The deal runs until 2025.
Until then, plenty of time to rust of some more paint, making them lose more aircrafts
r2d2, joorinainen and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
Originally Posted by TTL
Have not experienced the AY substitute, but what I hear from AY pursers on my other trips and plat chitchat, it resembles AY biz class service. Any experiences?
It was just like any other AY J flight. Maybe they mentioned Qatar Airways in one of the announcements but nothing special at all.

My partner actually preferred the new AY J compared to the non-QSuite QR A350 J and I kind of agree. The service was more personal with AY and the cabin more calm & the seat more private. Food quality and selection was better with QR. Personally I found the QR seat to be more comfortable but indeed the cabin vibe (noice, privacy, poor service) felt more like Y than J. Not really impressed. Ive flown QR J only once many years ago and this flight felt like night & day to that.
vulle likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Anyone have idea if i buy separate tickets from AY for HEL-DOH and BA award with QR for DOH-XXX. Will AY check my bags all the way through?
AY is probably happy to be operating their aircraft to some destination right now... if these deals with the devil (QR to DOH, LH/4Y to US/CA) wouldn't have happened they would be in deep paska.
vulle, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Anyone have idea if i buy separate tickets from AY for HEL-DOH and BA award with QR for DOH-XXX. Will AY check my bags all the way through?
Almost certainly wont. AY is rather strict on through checking bags and only does it when both tickets are AY tickets and connection meets MCT. Tickets issued by other airlines, regardless, if oneworld or not, will "not qualify" for through checking.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by oliver2002
AY is probably happy to be operating their aircraft to some destination right now... if these deals with the devil (QR to DOH, LH/4Y to US/CA) wouldn't have happened they would be in deep paska.
I think so too. Finns and AY are just unlucky to reside in the worst world location currentlyand the new leasing strategy is somewhat best available one can imagine. Or say, least worst (bad english?)😄
Not liking but..
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:24 am
TTL

Programs: HH DIAM, AFKL/AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA PLAT, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry GOLD, LH SEN, Radisson PREM
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Almost certainly wont. AY is rather strict on through checking bags and only does it when both tickets are AY tickets and connection meets MCT. Tickets issued by other airlines, regardless, if oneworld or not, will "not qualify" for through checking.
Better rely on QR tickets only, when flying to that direction, especially if planning to continue further. QR also respects separate QR bookings, which are necessary if using AY points - HEL-DOH-HEL and DOH-XXX-DOH to be booked separately and the EU segments cost much more than most other segments. And will take care of the missed connections well. In DOH there is an ok airside hotel (Oryx) available, but quite often fully booked, for irrops or planned plane changes with long layover.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat
Paradoxically, AY may soon run several short on planes of its own, now that it can't make round-trip to the Far East in 24 hours, China is reopening and demand to/from Japan is picking up.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH Sen
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Paradoxically, AY may soon run several short on planes of its own, now that it can't make round-trip to the Far East in 24 hours, China is reopening and demand to/from Japan is picking up.
The A330 lacks the range for the longer routings, so AY might still have some of them sitting idle without the QR deal. But yes, we'll probably see the Eurowings Discover wet leases end once there will be more demand for China and Japan.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 7:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by r2d2
The A330 lacks the range for the longer routings, so AY might still have some of them sitting idle without the QR deal. But yes, we'll probably see the Eurowings Discover wet leases end once there will be more demand for China and Japan.
Nope the 4Y/LH wet lease will probably continue with A330. The mission profile of the A330 fits all those routes too. The deal started with A359 because that was what AY had ready to go.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH Sen
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nope the 4Y/LH wet lease will probably continue with A330.
Probably yes, if the 4Y wet leases are more profitable than AY's own routes to 2nd tier US cities from HEL. If that's the case, AY can cut some of the US routes when they need more planes for increasing demand in Asia.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I find the implementation of the QR/AY collaboration bizarre. Not only do the carriers have their own capacity, but also pre assigned seats - e.g on a ticket Im holding AY marketed can only select 1L, rows 2 and 3 D H L whereas QR retains retains all other seats - 1ADH, A in row 2 and 3 and all seats from row 4 and up.
Probably because of this, Seat selection cannot be done for AY marketed flight number on QR site..
florens likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
I find the implementation of the QR/AY collaboration bizarre. Not only do the carriers have their own capacity, but also pre assigned seats - e.g on a ticket Im holding AY marketed can only select 1L, rows 2 and 3 D H L whereas QR retains retains all other seats - 1ADH, A in row 2 and 3 and all seats from row 4 and up.
Probably because of this, Seat selection cannot be done for AY marketed flight number on QR site..
Award booking is also impossible online with BAEC and QR own website. Can you book example HEL-DOH-BKK award through AY website?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Award booking is also impossible online with BAEC and QR own website. Can you book example HEL-DOH-BKK award through AY website?
Awards are a complete mess as well. Your best bet is booking with AA miles.
vulle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.