Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VilBur
HEL-DOH AY1981 16:00-23:45 333 16DEC22-
DOH-HEL AY1982 08:00-14:15 333 17DEC22-

ARN-DOH AY1983 15:10-23:50 333 01NOV22-
DOH-ARN AY1984 08:10-13:25 333 02NOV22-

CPH-DOH AY1985 15:15-23:30 333 01NOV22-
DOH-CPH AY1986 08:15-13:10 333 02NOV22-

Flights are considered long-haul (AY+ awards & accrual as well as complimentary meals in all classes of travel).

AY and QR both have set quotas and specifically allocated seats on board. At least on the ARN service, the AY quota in J is 7 seats (1L, 2DHL, 3DHL) and the Y quota is 61 seats (31–36 DEGHJL, 59JL, 61–63DEGHJL.

The PE cabin is not sold by either airline. The PE seats belong to the QR quota and can be assigned to QR Y pax at no extra charge.

Transferring at DOH, you will have access to the following lounges when departing on AY or QR, in descending order:
1. Al Safwa, for QR customers ticketed in F. Close to the bear
2. Al Mourjan lounges, for AY & QR customers ticketed in J (J Light not eligible). Al Mourjan South is close to the bear (escalator up right next to the escalator coming down from transfer security). Al Mourjan North (Al Mourjan Garden) entrance is located between the northern stop of the intra-terminal train and The Orchard. Al Mourjan North lounge is twice as big as Al Mourjan South and has views over The Orchard.
3. Qatar Airways Platinum & Gold Lounge North, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. This lounge is a shared Platinum & Gold lounge. Entrance near gate C14
4. Qatar Airways Platinum Lounge South, for Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1.
5. Qatar Airways Gold Lounge South, for Golds, Platinums and Lumos regardless of class of travel. At gate A1 (shared entrance with the Platinum Lounge South)

All lounges operate 24/7.

Print Wikipost

Finnair to launch service to Doha (DOH) ex-HEL, ARN, CPH

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The horror happened, QR159/160 DOH/CPH became the Finnair flights. Time to look at new ways to fly between Tokyo and Copenhagen, I had gotten so used to the trips via Doha. But I am not going for a 6 hour Euro J service on Finnair instead of the Qatar service.
Be brave and take one for the team – try it once. We don’t know if QR has demanded some kind of minimum service levels from AY. It is, after all, for all practical purposes their flight.

In all likelihood, cabin crew will be based in Qatar.
CPH-Flyer and cistavoda like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005
Be brave and take one for the team – try it once. We don’t know if QR has demanded some kind of minimum service levels from AY. It is, after all, for all practical purposes their flight.

In all likelihood, cabin crew will be based in Qatar.
OK, I will take one for the team if no other reports are posted before I need to book the first trip past November 1st....
ffay005, intuition and cistavoda like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
So far on Expertflyer it is showing a cold meal in J class for the DOH flight
intuition, FFlash and SuloL like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lkrt
Oh joy.....
FFlash likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Riistaleipä?
lkrt, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh joy.....
Originally Posted by ffay005
Riistaleipä?
Well, trust EF or not, we can at least joke about a possible new ”meal thread” to help us survive the downhill.
I may start the guess show: the first Warm meal service will be riistaleipä heated up in micro owen
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hoho haha , can't stop laughing.

Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by intuition
Hoho haha , can't stop laughing.

That's not really what we are taking about, AY954 is CPH HEL, so I am guessing that the actual routing for the second one is CPH HEL DOH. Is this one way pricing? As that is often rather out of this world....
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:47 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I’m not sure if the CPH/ARN/HEL-DOH-xxx fares are yet loaded as at least I cannot get anything reasonable priced via DOH with AY codes. All SEA destinations are via CX/MH etc usual codeshares via BKK/HKG/SIN …nothing with QR showing yet.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
All SEA destinations are via CX/MH etc usual codeshares via BKK/HKG/SIN …nothing with QR showing yet.
Just realized you mean “all Southeast Asia destinations” — was wondering why there was a reference to Seattle here! (since I had already seen in another thread something about BA “abandoning SEA” which seemed very weird…)
NoWindowSeat, esledo and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:14 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
Just realized you mean “all Southeast Asia destinations” — was wondering why there was a reference to Seattle here! (since I had already seen in another thread something about BA “abandoning SEA” which seemed very weird…)
Yes, must admit I copied it…S.E. Asia is much better in context where lots of IATA airport codes are used and Seattle SeaTac/SEA being a famous one and also an AY destination.
salut0 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Mosse(AY) meets Mersu(QR)
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Hesari has written something they call an "analysis". Nothing new, really, except that DOH flights are bad because the human rights situation in Qatar is bad,

https://www.hs.fi/talous/art-2000009036073.html
FFlash likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
That's not really what we are taking about, AY954 is CPH HEL, so I am guessing that the actual routing for the second one is CPH HEL DOH. Is this one way pricing? As that is often rather out of this world....
Indeed, it is CPH-DOH via HEL. So it is not comparing CPH-DOH direct on AY vs on QR, but a comparison what is offered on a certain day *). Either take a direct QR operated flight, or take a one-stop AY-flight.
Logic usually stipulates a direct is more expensive than a 1-stop and that a quality airline/better cabin is more expensive than a worse cabin/service.

This is return-fare, but you only see the price of outbound segment in the picture.

*) no AY operated CPH-DOH direct was offered on the date
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Fyfan
Generally ex-Australia to Europe Finnair have often had the cheapest fares in J, and Qatar some of the more expensive. I wonder if Finnair is just handing over their Australia/NZ traffic to Qatar. And if this is a JV that the fares will be more expensive.
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I’m not sure if the CPH/ARN/HEL-DOH-xxx fares are yet loaded as at least I cannot get anything reasonable priced via DOH with AY codes. All SEA destinations are via CX/MH etc usual codeshares via BKK/HKG/SIN …nothing with QR showing yet.
I too haven't seen AY selling CPH/ARN/HEL to Australia utilising the QR network, currently they favour JQ, TG, QF and CX via SE Asia. It seems very strange if this is the end game though. If they call it a strategic cooperation, why would it only cover O/D Nordics-DOH? I assume Finnair in good time will add fares to "all" of QR destinations. We see how Finnair is cutting and cutting and cutting in the timetables to SE Asia, so this will hurt their ability to sell tickets to AUS. Like I touched on earlier, we don't know if they care about the segment. But if they do, I'm pretty sure they would like to get in on the action via DOH. It will be less expensive for Finnair fly to DOH instead of HKG/BKK and with QR style pricing they will likely get some good revenue on the DOH-flight.
And likely consumers will get hurt.

QR is already selling ARN/HEL/CPH-Australia using AY-flights, but so far I've only seen it as 2-stops, eg CPH(AY)-HEL-DOH(QR)-MEL(QR). Ie they too have not published fares for Nordics-DOH-AUS on mixed AY/QR flights. But I assume this is were we first will see them appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.