Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:57 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffay005
What is going on here? Why didn't they fly an A319 there? Why didn't the border guards let those people in, as it's specifically in the regulations that unforeseen long transits qualify for entry?
"It's difficult to get a person to understand when their salary depends on them not understanding" Upton Sinclair.

Finnair would now be out of pocket for 70 x Hilton rate.

Finnair should have provided hotel accommodation with meals for affected passengers per EU legislation.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:53 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by finnishlad
Heathrow's CEO confirm terminal 3 will re-open May 17th or soon after as long as government follow roadmap and allow foreign travel to start by then (Sky News today)
This is good news, it means we see the world slowly starting to open again.
What do you think about the lounge situation? My guess is BA will open their Lounge(s) and maybe the NO:1 or equivilant and that will be it for quite some time.
When will AY move back is the next question ofcourse and ofcourse, when will Cathay and Qantas open their lounges? my guess, not any time soon sadly.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:28 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Tuvv
This is good news, it means we see the world slowly starting to open again.
What do you think about the lounge situation? My guess is BA will open their Lounge(s) and maybe the NO:1 or equivilant and that will be it for quite some time.
When will AY move back is the next question ofcourse and ofcourse, when will Cathay and Qantas open their lounges? my guess, not any time soon sadly.
BA has just moved all its operations to T5, so i think its unlikely that BA is moving back to T3 anytime soon. Also AA was rumoured to move from T3 to T5 even before COVID-19 and now they finally are there so maybe they are not moving back to T3. So, my guess is there is no airline lounge open in T3 anytime soon, but 3rd party lounge would be possible.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Extra Mile
BA has just moved all its operations to T5, so i think its unlikely that BA is moving back to T3 anytime soon. Also AA was rumoured to move from T3 to T5 even before COVID-19 and now they finally are there so maybe they are not moving back to T3. So, my guess is there is no airline lounge open in T3 anytime soon, but 3rd party lounge would be possible.
ooh, I just read in the BA forum the other day that it seems like a lot of BA´s eastern european traffic (among some other flights) are to be flown out of T3 once it opens? Maybe I misunderstood or didn´t get full picture since I don´t follow BA forum especially... Anyway my presumption that BA lounge in T3 would open was based on this. If BA won´t fly any flights from T3 they surely won´t open any lounge there either.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 2:39 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Tuvv
ooh, I just read in the BA forum the other day that it seems like a lot of BA´s eastern european traffic (among some other flights) are to be flown out of T3 once it opens? Maybe I misunderstood or didn´t get full picture since I don´t follow BA forum especially... Anyway my presumption that BA lounge in T3 would open was based on this. If BA won´t fly any flights from T3 they surely won´t open any lounge there either.
My guess was based on the fact that there’s no capacity problem in T5. But of course, IF people start to book flights and there are starting to be capacity problems in T5, BA (some short-haul routes) move back to T3 and maybe would open its lounge. Time will tell
Tuvv likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
BA plan to fly some short-haul flights from terminal 3
Tuvv likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Wow. Norra will operate Greece also.

Old May 7, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Wow. Norra will operate Greece also.

Sounds like a comfortable ride 🤣🤣🤣🍻
Old May 8, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: AY LUMO
HEL Asia afternoon wave today:

Superrman likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
At least Moscow is in the right direction...
Old May 8, 2021, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
HEL is a ghost town at 8 am. It seems that T2 is now inaccessible by car, all drop off/pickup in front of T1, though T1 as such is closed, so long trek to T2.

Once airside, instead of my Plat card I had to use my Edenred card to get fed and get a coffee...

Rare DYKWIA passanger at the gate:

- "I am a Finnish citizen and I have a right to privacy, I'm not going to tell you the reason of my trip!" (this in ENGLISH to the Finnish gate agent!)
- "But sir, we need to ask, as the destination country is not allowing any tourists in"
- "My trip is of national security!"
(another GA comes up, says something to GA1 along the lines "I already asked him, it's OK)

ERJ190 flight today - 60-70% LF. Empty C. No Plat seat block in Exit seat, so I rather moved to an empty row. Absolutely no recognition of status of any kind, not even a "good morning"

All in all, first flight since 2/Sep... over 8 months hiatus.
Old May 8, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
HEL is a ghost town at 8 am. It seems that T2 is now inaccessible by car, all drop off/pickup in front of T1, though T1 as such is closed, so long trek to T2.
I took a taxi to Scandic instead of T1, much shorter walk. This was a few weeks back, though.
manywhere likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 1:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
All in all, first flight since 2/Sep... over 8 months hiatus.
Lucky you! I'm counting 16 months. With any luck it will end in three weeks though, with a glorious domestic flight.
Old May 9, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
- "I am a Finnish citizen and I have a right to privacy, I'm not going to tell you the reason of my trip!" (this in ENGLISH to the Finnish gate agent!)
- "But sir, we need to ask, as the destination country is not allowing any tourists in"
- "My trip is of national security!"
(another GA comes up, says something to GA1 along the lines "I already asked him, it's OK)
I mean, he was right; you never know what threat to national security an angered DYKWIA could cause.
FFlash, on22cz and Superrman like this.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:16 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
No Plat seat block in Exit seat, so I rather moved to an empty row. Absolutely no recognition of status of any kind, not even a "good morning"
Cost cutting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.