Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Hezu
No personal experience, but according to IS article (in Finnish), today's AY603 HEL-IVL got delayed over an hour since some stubborn individual didn't want to wear a face mask and thus eventually got removed from the flight and ended up in police custody.
Now this is something that bothers me where the flight got delayed and other customers got inconvenienced, contrary to the Peuriz incident.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'll be flying HEL-AGP on Thursday. To my surprise, MMB allows me to pick a seafood meal or fruit platter in J. Are these really available? Would anyone know what a seafood meal breakfast would include? I'm not too keen on the omelettes, so this could be a nice change.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'll be flying HEL-AGP on Thursday. To my surprise, MMB allows me to pick a seafood meal or fruit platter in J. Are these really available? Would anyone know what a seafood meal breakfast would include? I'm not too keen on the omelettes, so this could be a nice change.
I cannot speak for availability, but out of curiosity what did pre-pandemic SFML include in euro J?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I cannot speak for availability, but out of curiosity what did pre-pandemic SFML include in euro J?
Well, the thing is that I was under the impression they don't serve these special meals in Euro-J at all. Only certain meals, such as gluten free, vegetarian etc (where they combine many diets into one terrible tray, which I tried once).
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I have not ordered fruit platter meal but seafood meal a few times in Euro-J (during normal times, but I assume little has changed). It’s just the normal fish starter and some fish main guaranteed, for instance, the salmon with horseradish as starter and cod and potatoes as the main. The bread that comes along with it is gluten-free, as in other special meals.

By the name it sounds like they’d bring you a silver platter with crab and lobster, doesn’t it... Usually there’s no point in ordering this, unless one doesn’t eat meat.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
hey ffay! U playing in superleague
I mostly think if I can fly at all or if AY meals available at citymarket, but you speak about which meal choice to make onboard, I am jealous!!
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:58 am

I ordered these special meals several times in JUL2020 HEL-AMS-HEL. Three times they failed to serve the special request and once it was served frozen. The quality of the special meals were either on par or bit lower than the standard meals. I got 35000 points in total for the failed service, so I would recommend trying your luck.

Edit: three times, not two.

Last edited by Lauri_fly; Mar 30, 2021 at 1:03 am Reason: corrected facts
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
This topic was started on 26MAR20, exactly one year ago.

Who would have guessed that after one year we are still in same s*it and it's even worse.
Yeah. It looked a bit better in the summer but crashed pretty fast.

Well at least I have my vaccination tomorrow, so can already see light at the end of the tunnel, but the second shot will be after 12 weeks. So I think I won't be considered fully vaccinated until July.

When Johnson&Johnson vaccines start it will go faster, as they only require one dose
I hope Finnair does one more extension to level periods.
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkrt
I have not ordered fruit platter meal but seafood meal a few times in Euro-J (during normal times, but I assume little has changed). It’s just the normal fish starter and some fish main guaranteed, for instance, the salmon with horseradish as starter and cod and potatoes as the main. The bread that comes along with it is gluten-free, as in other special meals.

By the name it sounds like they’d bring you a silver platter with crab and lobster, doesn’t it... Usually there’s no point in ordering this, unless one doesn’t eat meat.
Thanks. Problem here is that this is a breakfast flight. And I will be hungry. So perhaps it's better to just stick to the regular omelette and not take any risks.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Thanks. Problem here is that this is a breakfast flight. And I will be hungry. So perhaps it's better to just stick to the regular omelette and not take any risks.
Ah, indeed! It would be nice to see what SFML is like in the breakfast – I guess that it might be a regular lunch/dinner. But maybe indeed do not go with fruit platter either if you're hungry
Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkrt
Ah, indeed! It would be nice to see what SFML is like in the breakfast – I guess that it might be a regular lunch/dinner. But maybe indeed do not go with fruit platter either if you're hungry
Greetings from AY1671. I "enjoyed" the regular omelette with ham and cheese, although I never seem to find any ham or cheese in it... But the FA was happy to browse her iPhone and let me know that the "seafood" breakfast meal is a potato boat with cream cheese. So no seafood there, but still a lot better than the omelette. Next time!

Lunch & dinner on the inbound flights to HEL is currently chicken Cordon bleu, and pollock as SFML.

Oh, and the guy next to me is wearing a mask made of thick leather, with breathing holes. FAs say nothing.
lkrt and FFlash like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 1, 2021 at 3:23 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:51 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh, and the guy next to me is wearing a mask made of thick leather, with breathing holes. FAs say nothing.
Ask him where he is from? Just curious if he wears lederhosen as well😉😉
Old Apr 1, 2021, 2:55 am

Hey, at least he is wearing a mask. Isn't that the main priority? FA doesn't have the skills to evaluate the mask quality 😂🤷‍♂️
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
What is the current Plat-experience in intra-Finland flights. For a morning flight, security queus are x mins long? Nothing to offer on a flight (Coffee?).
Old Apr 1, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
What is the current Plat-experience in intra-Finland flights.
No experience. All AY Plus cards are worth of nothing now domestic on board and at HEL airport. AY Plus is dead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.