Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by ffay005
You're right! Dyslexic me checked their coronavirus page and skipped the vaccination part!
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: AY+Plat
This is not company specific, applies to all ships.

https://shipowners.fi/en/travelling-...-as-of-8-june/
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Did the ferry company copy the policy from Finnair? I wonder how this ends up. There has been a lot of arguments that arrival testing cannot scale up (including by myself, admittedly).

But if Finland suddenly switches to the typical EU policy of full vaccination 2 weeks past second dose or pre-departure PCR test, a lot of Finland residents with a single dose will be hosed.

So it's like a rock and a hard place. Arrival testing can't go on, but it can't not go on either??
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Did the ferry company copy the policy from Finnair?
According to HS, yes. Still, it makes life easier only for Finns, Estonians are still screwed (entry by ferry is still mostly forbidden)
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I'm flying domestically on AY for the first time in 25 years (!) in a couple of weeks. Do I remember correctly that after security you turn right - and that then there are virtually no facilities of any kind? I'm assuming it's impossible to visit the Aspire lounge with the current gate setup?
on22cz likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
After security, you can go to Aspire if you like, and then return to gate 22 where there is a border control checkpoint. I would assume they will let you through with an ID as you have a domestic BP. You can always say you mistook the route and didn't see the signs, if they ask.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by ffay005
After security, you can go to Aspire if you like, and then return to gate 22 where there is a border control checkpoint. I would assume they will let you through with an ID as you have a domestic BP. You can always say you mistook the route and didn't see the signs, if they ask.
Perfectly fine to say you just visited the lounge/shop/whatever.
avermat likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

I flew HEL-RHO yesterday. A319 with some 85 pax. I had 1ABC all to myself, but the FA reseated someone to 1A just before take-off

OH-LVI, wifi did not work. Now I'm wondering whether I had the same A319 from AGP in April, because wifi didn't work there, either. Perhaps AY is not spending money on fixing wifi right now.

The flight was on time, I received a Plat greeting and a proactive apology for the non-existent service onboard.

The hilarious thing was, however, that a day before my flight, I received an SMS from AY, explaining me that they were expecting more departing customers than usually and urging me to come to the airport a whopping two hours before STD. Now, STD was 6:20 am, it was the first flight of the morning, and the next international flight was ARN at 7:30. I was at check-in 65 min before STD, and while only one of the Priority desks was actually serving customers (you know those Closed signs the HEL check-in agents love to place on their counters...), there were, of course, no queues whatsoever. Not at check-in, neither at security.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Latest bulletin from AY (16JUN21) tells us that AY's sky is not opening this year and next winter.

https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=4001671
Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Latest bulletin from AY (16JUN21) tells us that AY's sky is not opening this year and next winter.

https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=4001671
Your friend Ole, again. But where's the list with those 70 destinations?

I haven't seen this before (bolding is mine):Finnair is a modern premium network airline
Old Jun 17, 2021, 5:58 am

For AY it has been very difficult to stay on published schedules for over a year now. AY runs in a circle from which you cannot get out.
Few companies in Finland are as unreliable as AY is now. AY handled money refunds and changes well but their planning and strategy is absolutely bs.

First their poor communications release bulletins how now adding flights and make people buy their tickets and then 1-2 months after this they cut those flights. My example RHO, where flights were added during the this spring and yesterday then axed. Glad, I didnt book, my days deleted yesterday.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Jun 17, 2021 at 6:05 am
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
For AY it has been very difficult to stay on published schedules for over a year now. AY runs in a circle from which you cannot get out.
Few companies in Finland are as unreliable as AY is now. AY handled money refunds and changes well but their planning and strategy is absolutely bs.

First their poor communications release bulletins how now adding flights and make people buy their tickets and then 1-2 months after this they cut those flights. My example RHO, where flights were added during the this spring and yesterday then axed. Glad, I didnt book, my days deleted yesterday.
Well, to give them a little cover, the covid rules keep changing all the time and since there is little consistency on that front, very hard to make plans that stick. It's been happening to all airlines around the world for awhile, though easing up in the US domestically.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:05 am

Everyone knows the restrictions.If entry is restricted and there is no other information, why sell a product that cannot be delivered. This dirty and unreliable game with customer money has been played for over a year now. All the time just hoping miracles to happen.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:31 am

Everyone knows the restrictions.If entry is restricted and there is no other information, why sell a product that cannot be delivered. This dirty and unreliable game with customer money has been played for over a year now. All the time just hoping miracles to happen.
Everyone knows that the restrictions will end at some point, but no one knows when. AY can only guess, just like everyone else.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Im a new user
AY can only guess, just like everyone else.
Why anyone should guess about restrictions ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.