Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Finavia grants points from pre-booked parking. Convinient service but points havenīt posted yet (its been over a week now),
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Anyone else constantly check the Finnair site/app when you're waiting for flights to get posted that will get you a new status? I'm now doing it, even though realistically my flights from Sunday probably won't be posted until Tuesday at the earliest.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Anyone else constantly check the Finnair site/app when you're waiting for flights to get posted that will get you a new status? I'm now doing it, even though realistically my flights from Sunday probably won't be posted until Tuesday at the earliest.
oh yes! Waiting for my Sunday flights to credit now actually, checking quite a few times a day haha
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Count me in!

The funny thing is that after they implemented some sort of caching to speed up the app refreshes (which does speed them up, but read on) very often new points are first visible on the web and only later in the app. And since they include your point balance in those "Before your flight" -emails and I usually get at least one of those every day (ahh the joys of doing Lumo by segments plus they seem to send an average of 3 emails per flight :-o) I can track my point balance reading those emails. When I see it has gone up (yeah, I pretty much know it by heart anyway) I know it'll soon update in the app too.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Count me in!

The funny thing is that after they implemented some sort of caching to speed up the app refreshes (which does speed them up, but read on) very often new points are first visible on the web and only later in the app. And since they include your point balance in those "Before your flight" -emails and I usually get at least one of those every day (ahh the joys of doing Lumo by segments plus they seem to send an average of 3 emails per flight :-o) I can track my point balance reading those emails. When I see it has gone up (yeah, I pretty much know it by heart anyway) I know it'll soon update in the app too.
I had the opposite experience when waiting for my last Lumo tier points to come in. I checked both the webpage and the app through the day, and the first hint they had been processed was when my status in the app menu had changed from Platinum to Lumo. This happened before the points balance had been updated. Shortly after, the total points came in the app, but the webpage was lagging behind. Also the flight was not listed in the credited flights yet, only the total had been updated. Then finally, the flight was in the credited list in the app, and by that time the webpage also had been updated with the new status, new total points, credited flights, and a new background.

If you're waiting, no reason to not keep checking both through the day
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:33 am

A routine European flight hasn't posted in over 2 weeks. Filling out the missing points form, and here's what I get upon clicking send:

{"errMsg":"","responseCode" : ""}

It looks like AY needs some Python coders to get their webpages working.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
JL flight just posted, four days after the flight. ^
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:59 am

Anyone received any points for tax-free pre-orders lately?
I haven't got anything for my 3 last orders. Small amounts so I haven't bothered to do anything about it. But is it just me? Or is it normal to not get anything for pre-orders?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
I haven't got anything for my 3 last orders. Small amounts so I haven't bothered to do anything about it. But is it just me? Or is it normal to not get anything for pre-orders?
I got. From a week ago, posted in two days approx
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
I thought I had this problem and already sent a points request, but then was politely reminded that alcohol products don't earn any Finnair Plus points (as per Finnish law as of 1 January 2018). Might this be the case?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
I thought I had this problem and already sent a points request, but then was politely reminded that alcohol products don't earn any Finnair Plus points (as per Finnish law as of 1 January 2018). Might this be the case?
Seems to be the case 😀. Thank you for the information.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Interesting: points from PVR-HEL posted already when bought through AY (via OTA) directly, but points from the same flight that were bought via Aurinkomatkat not yet posted.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hi guys,

Between CX, MH, and QF, which of the 3 post eventually (without calling in)?

CX i find sometimes dont post. Which is better than CX posting, MH or QF?

thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by supatight80
Hi guys,

Between CX, MH, and QF, which of the 3 post eventually (without calling in)?

CX i find sometimes dont post. Which is better than CX posting, MH or QF?

thanks!
I fly CX roughly every other week, never had problems in posting. Seems to be a clear pattern too, flights usually post on Tuesday's, and all within two weeks. MH has sometimes been a problem, but it's easy to be fooled too, as a lot of their fare classes don't earn anything on AY.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Never had problems with CX, QF can be a hit or a miss. Too few segments on MH to comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.