Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:37 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
SEB MC points have now posted.
So has SEB DC.
Ukki likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have noticed the pattern that those points do not tend to post before you have paid the credit card bill, could it be true so?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Nah, I haven't paid the bill yet, and it's always due on the 20th of the following month. The points almost always post before that.

Many many years ago, when Amex purchases yielded AY+ points directly, the points posted after each payment made. You could also "buy" points that way – I was missing some 1000 points from an award I wanted, and I simply paid some money to my Amex account, so after a few days I got the points and booked the award.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Sent an email last night about two inflight purchases, one at the end of February and the other one mid-March. I also wrote, in a kind manner, that it's a little too much extra work to always have to ask for the points separately. Received the points within 24 hours (including points for alcohol purchases in March!), and a kind reply that they don't know why the points don't post automatically...
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash
I have noticed the pattern that those points do not tend to post before you have paid the credit card bill, could it be true so?
At least when I asked SEB about what is taking so long they referred to technical issues at AY. I can't judge if that is true but I'm sure we all know it is quite plausible.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
It's been 12 days since my flight to JFK and no points posted yet ... the AA connecting flights posted the same day. Follow their example, Finnair!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:51 pm

I have never got any points of inflight purchases. Not really interested to spend the time and effort to claim points of some wine bottles every now and then.

-sulkkis
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Outbound to PVG on 7th not posted, return on 11th posted.
Even did the points claim yesterday for the outbound, still nothing shows up. ��
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Clydez
Outbound to PVG on 7th not posted, return on 11th posted.
Even did the points claim yesterday for the outbound, still nothing shows up.
It's sad how poorly the points sometimes post. I had a flight with Mrs. r2d2 on the 3rd. We had a CX-to-AY connection and we were on the same reservation. The points posted nicely for both of us for the CX flight, but only for me for the AY flight. Even the automatic retroclaim form didn't credit the points. She filled the form for manual processing, hopefully the points will come in a few weeks (at least that's my own experience from crediting AY points through the manual form).

In cases where you would reach new status the long posting time is a real nuisance as you will miss the benefits of the new status for a long time. If the qualifying flight for the new status late in your tracking period you might even miss one set of vouchers.

I don't know how the bonus points in the ongoing mission work for flights posting late. I'm afraid you would miss the bonuses if the flight isn't credited before the campaign ends and CS wouldn't help if the flight has been booked before the campaign (as the campaign rules require that, even though flights booked earlier seem to count as well).
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:17 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
AA flights from 6/8/11th April..nothing posted as of yet, one of them was AY codeshare on AA metal..2 others pure AA. Later AY / BA flights have all posted within 3-4 days. Frustrating to say the least.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
LA flight from February - still no points, even after contacting CS several weeks ago.
QR flight that landed this Monday morning posted Tuesday night.

Hit and miss, as usual.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:53 pm

Need to say that within last month they have improved a lot!

During last two weeks I've done 14 legs, 12 of them with OW carriers and seven with AY iron. All except one leg have posted allready. Though all AA and BA flights were credited latest three days after boarding.

Not satisfied yet, but the situation seem to be much better than at the beginning of the year. Everytime when I've called CS they have solved the issue of missing points right away without any delay.

-sulkkis
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:53 pm

Last leg from 22nd just cleared. So the posting time was five days at worst. Significant improvement!

-sulkkis
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by sulkkis
Last leg from 22nd just cleared. So the posting time was five days at worst. Significant improvement!

-sulkkis
Improving. My two domestic legs from 24th cleared today.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
My recent flights were also credited within of 3 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.