Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)

Hi guys,

Tried to do a search but couldn't find how long it takes for AY flights to post on AY+. Mods please merge if there is such a thread.

I'm fairly new to OW and I signed up for Finnair Plus recently since I already have a couple of AY flights booked. Last week I flew AY from ICN on booking class code I. But the miles haven't posted yet on AY+.

How long does it usually take? I'm a *A member and my flights on all *A carriers usually post unto my account within 2-3 days.

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AY LUMO
It is usually 5 days from day flight was operated. Sometimes posted faster and last week it took 6 days.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
For me points used to post within of 24h until 3 months ago but nowadays it is the mentioned 5-6 days. After a flight I can see it in the app as points from that flight will be added to my account soon.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Jainzar
After a flight I can see it in the app as points from that flight will be added to my account soon.
Yes and that also vanish 1-2 days after the flight.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:06 am

First of my 30JUL flights was posted yesterday. = 2 days after operated.¨

But nothing from 29JUL ( 2 flights flown)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Thanks guys!

Mine posted exactly on the 5th night after arrival.

Is there still the rule RE having to take 4 AY segments to be silver/gold/plat?

After this RT flight ought to be AY silver. But that's only 2 segments. Have a couple of QR flights in a few months to AY+ to be Gold. But still 2 AY segments

Can't seem to locate that rule right now I'm AY+ website.

Thanks!!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
No segments required!
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lkrt
No segments required!
Yehey!! :-)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Flight on 31JUL, posted on 03AUG.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:12 am
Original Poster

AY 41 August 5, posted August 7.

Wow so easy to be AY Elite. After 1 round trip, now AY silver with 32K tier points. 2 more RT I'll be Gold and 2 more after that Plat.

OW here I come! :-)
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by supatight80
AY 41 August 5, posted August 7.

Wow so easy to be AY Elite. After 1 round trip, now AY silver with 32K tier points. 2 more RT I'll be Gold and 2 more after that Plat.

OW here I come! :-)
Yes it is - but you must specify where those round trips go: HEL-TLL-HEL needs a few more But if your flight numbers are single or double digit, it's spot on
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold
I find the waiting time ridiculous. It's faster to wire money across the world than getting your FF points (if you are slower than a bank, something is wrong). Are they receiving all the lists from Amadeus by post?

Funny thing though, when I flew AA a few months ago the points was reported to AY+ the next day. Now it took five days for my AY flight to be counted. It's quite annoying to wait five days when you know you will be Gold after the points arrive.

Is there any technical reason why it's so slow to get the points?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I agree - anything over 2 days are just so 1980's. Even if they just do a batch run every 24 hrs and you miss it (time zones, etc) the next batch run should pick up all flights. Especially own flights, as there is no qustion of systems (in)compatibility, etc
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
While I agree the speed isn't adequate , I think these transactions follows the routines of good old fashined bookkeeping. So after points transactions for one transaction date is processed, accounts wil need to be balanced and signed off by someone. If there are any anomalies, there will be manual reconciliation. Once balanced, the new points balances are propagated to the user accounts (unkown how many steps that is)

There are at least 2 days right there, and then we have not taken into account the processing time outside of AY's control.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:57 pm

AY is faster in sending out user survey than posting points. However, AA seems to be a lot slower in posting points to AY+ program than Finnair. Or is it code shares with AY code that are very slow to post regardless of the operating carrier? It kind of feels that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.