Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Hah, just as I posted that the floodgates opened and five flights posted at once. Go figure.
Lucky you.

I'm now wondering if my AA flights will post until Christmas!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: AY Plat OWE
One recent note, my Android Phone App, my Adroid Tablet App and finnair.com web page all showed different set of flights as points. Especially the Phone App stopped to show any new flights with points after June. When removing the Android App and downloading again from PlayStore, the database was synchronised correctly and matched the info with web browser from Finnair.com.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by dc9northwest
Lucky you.

I'm now wondering if my AA flights will post until Christmas!
I've had great luck with AA flights posting very quickly, usually two days later, sometimes as quickly as the next!

When removing the Android App and downloading again from PlayStore, the database was synchronised correctly and matched the info with web browser from Finnair.com.
I'll try this as I get mixed results with the app. Also I've noticed the order is reversed from the website to the app. Lack of attention to detail there by AY's IT dept.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The Android application is unable to show any new entry, though it does keep updating the totals... I guess I should try reinstalling too.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
The Android application is unable to show any new entry, though it does keep updating the totals... I guess I should try reinstalling too.
It does show new entries, but at the very end of the list... Totally logical, isn't it... #FacePalm
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
It does show new entries, but at the very end of the list... Totally logical, isn't it... #FacePalm
I sent a feedback to the dev team about it few days ago, let's see if they are going to fix it
Steve_Hun and OHTOW like this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Yes, this has been the case for a while now. It also lags behind in updating the totals, I assume they implemented some kind of a caching mechanism to speed up the notoriously slow updates that they used to have (at least when you have dozens of flights booked like me...) but that cache isn't all it's cracked up to be.

No need to reinstall, just logout and relogin and the initial update should bring in the correct data.

(The logout button is really hard to spot - it's at the very bottom of your main points page)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AY Plat OWE
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Yes, this has been the case for a while now. It also lags behind in updating the totals, I assume they implemented some kind of a caching mechanism to speed up the notoriously slow updates that they used to have (at least when you have dozens of flights booked like me...) but that cache isn't all it's cracked up to be.

No need to reinstall, just logout and relogin and the initial update should bring in the correct data.

(The logout button is really hard to spot - it's at the very bottom of your main points page)
Tnx. This logout/relogin did the trick with the Android App within my tablet. Even the total points is updated, the any of the actual flight transactions does not show up in the Android App until the re-login. At least good to know I am not alone with this caveat.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:39 am

In regards to some issues on Android, we (mobile team) are aware and are working on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime ☹️ Feel free to send us a feedback e-mail for more specific questions, of course.
OHTOW likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:34 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Again some weird delays, flown last Friday and no posted flights yet. Flying soon #76 , is there any change of calling CS and begging to dig out the flight so that status would update before Xmas.

btw I was able to complete check-in properly with Android App, first time since June so some progress has been made!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Again some weird delays, flown last Friday and no posted flights yet. Flying soon #76 , is there any change of calling CS and begging to dig out the flight so that status would update before Xmas.
It should be possible to get a form from the CS stating your new status even when the system does not yet recognize it. At least this was possible a few years back when I was climbing up the ladders. At that time they couldn't speed up the registration within the system though.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:49 pm

Wonder what type of status recoqnition one receives by waiving self-printed A4 to the cabin crew 😀
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:52 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Wonder what type of status recoqnition one receives by waiving self-printed A4 to the cabin crew 😀
Probably far above what you get when having platinum in the reservation!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I could try to wave a Lumotic paper as a snack payment. It might feel very special for all the parties involved. In the end, I've got some experience paying with Tax Free A4s, which has always worked well.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:26 am

Sigh, 76 done but flights not posting at all. Called CS and they offered the possibility for the status certification but not really able to do anything even while trying to manually type in the ticket number (there seem to be some sort of period when only automatic postings are allowed).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.