Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The pending credit notice shows even for non-eligible flights. It shows for any flights that showed on the application, including but not limited to, any booking associated with your Finnair Plus account number.

Non-Oneworld marketing codes on Finnair-operated flights show up for instance.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Courmisch
The pending credit notice shows even for non-eligible flights. It shows for any flights that showed on the application, including but not limited to, any booking associated with your Finnair Plus account number.
Yes, but there still seems to be some difference since my 30NOV flights still show up in the list whereas the 07DEC award flight has been removed already.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
Yes, but there still seems to be some difference since my 30NOV flights still show up in the list whereas the 07DEC award flight has been removed already.
Am I reading that right? The oldest flight, has already been credited, and is still on "recent flights"? While the newer flight has not credited and is removed from "recent flights"?
Just proves one should never apply logic to software development
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Exactly! The 30NOV flights (two legs) are still on recent flights despite being credited long ago. The 07DEC flight was on the list but has since disappeared (and won't be credited because it's an award flight). The 09DEC flight is on the list, and is an award flight, too. Seems inconsistent to say the least.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Happened to me last month as well. Took couple of weeks + retro claiming to get it right.
Recent flights (inbounds) credited but still show up on recent, and uncredited inbound flights are nowhere to be found(not award).
Funny thing i had 2 trips last month HEL-PVG-HEL and HEL-CDG-HEL, both trips missing outbounds. where PVG outbound was credit weeks later but had to retro claim the CDG outbound(i did posints upgrade for this leg, cuz i didnt want to pay 12k meal&seat vs 10k in biz).
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
This was quick. Sunday evening flight HEL-ZRH and now it's posted about 48 hours later. The posting does seem to work almost around the clock, I kept checking this one during the entire day and it only posted just now, definitely after Finland office hours. It's actually in the really fresh status, as the miles amount has been updated, but it doesn't show up yet in the flights list. I kept checking this one because it is the one that goes over a threshold and lets me pick a nice gift from Finnair just in time for Christmas
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Getting a bit annoyed. Nov 28 flights Hel-Bru-Hel still not posted. Tried the retroreg on the website twice, and also mailed plat desk yesterday morning. Still nothing, not even a reply. There is really nothing out of the ordinary with these flights, except them taking me over plat threshold.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:55 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, you are not alone.
Online retro credit said "AY flights will post within 24h" which they naturally didn't.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:00 am

I wonder if the @FinnairPlus rep could shed some light on the situation?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by niksal
Getting a bit annoyed. Nov 28 flights Hel-Bru-Hel still not posted. Tried the retroreg on the website twice, and also mailed plat desk yesterday morning. Still nothing, not even a reply. There is really nothing out of the ordinary with these flights, except them taking me over plat threshold.
I have a feeling that their system just gets stuck on certain days - coincidentally NOV28 was one of those days as I'm still waiting for two segments from that day too. Filled the retro registration at the two weeks mark this Wednesday, I'll give it another week.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh 28th Nov seems indeed stuck! I also have a flight in between sequence that makes no sense why not posted. Other flight day before and after have posted. Sent a retroclaim too.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:17 am

I now got a reply from plat desk. It says that there has been a technical error and there are problems with posting points for many routes on that day.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I now got a reply from plat desk. It says that there has been a technical error and there are problems with posting points for many routes on that day.
I assume this error must have hit few more days in November. Let alone the fact that the online retro-claim tool has not worked for me a single time as of August. There clearly is more wrong than just a one-time error in the whole AY's points posting system.
In the end of 2018, one would assume that once the flight is closed in the system, all FF number inputs are matched to passenger's fare and ticketed flight number, sent to the system for FFP distribution and / or table-based accrual matching. This shouldn't be a disruptive science. To begin with, it could just work for own-metal flights. Even though, integrating this alliance-wide should also be achievable.
I believe some airlines already use this, because how would they otherwise manage to post miles within 24 hours?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

I now got a reply from plat desk.
So did I.

Originally Posted by on22cz
There clearly is more wrong than just a one-time error in the whole AY's points posting system.
Indeed.

I guess the incentive to implement a quicker and more stable system just isn't there. Not only does it cost money to develop, they also would lose the revenue from points they don't need to credit people who do not retro claim.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast

I also had a BRU flight 28NOV that hasn’t posted... Almost a week has passed. Incredible.
Just to report that I got my points from 28NOV flight added via chat. And already before the two-week mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.