Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
CEB-HKG (23 Nov) & HKG-LHR (24 Nov) both marketed and operated by CX posted on 26 Nov. LHR-HEL (24 Nov) Marketed by CX operated by AY still haven't posted. My tracking period ends tonight and I'm 550 points short for renewing platinum. The LHR-HEL flight should earn me 1826 points, so would be more than enough to get me through the line... Talked to CS yesterday and agent put in a retroclaim, so I see the flight at the transaction list, but with 0 point at the moment.

Should I exchange some award points tonight to stay on platinum level, or will I be fine when the last flight finally post?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
CEB-HKG (23 Nov) & HKG-LHR (24 Nov) both marketed and operated by CX posted on 26 Nov. LHR-HEL (24 Nov) Marketed by CX operated by AY still haven't posted. My tracking period ends tonight and I'm 550 points short for renewing platinum. The LHR-HEL flight should earn me 1826 points, so would be more than enough to get me through the line... Talked to CS yesterday and agent put in a retroclaim, so I see the flight at the transaction list, but with 0 point at the moment.

Should I exchange some award points tonight to stay on platinum level, or will I be fine when the last flight finally post?
You will be fine. The date of the flight is important for the status.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
New record: flight from 30NOV credited today 02DEC.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
New record: flight from 30NOV credited today 02DEC.
Same here - an AY flight, as it is. In other news - the previous flight (CX codeshare) hasn't posted yet. The flight before that (same day) on MH already posted a day earlier. The MH flight before that hasn't posted yet.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
HEL-CPH-HEL from Nov 29th had posted. HEL-BRU-HEL from Nov 28th have not posted. No logic. The only thing I can think of is that the CPH flights were booked long before the BRU flights. Which of course doesn’t make sense or the solution is quite poorly built.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by niksal
HEL-CPH-HEL from Nov 29th had posted. HEL-BRU-HEL from Nov 28th have not posted. No logic. The only thing I can think of is that the CPH flights were booked long before the BRU flights. Which of course doesn’t make sense or the solution is quite poorly built.
I also had a BRU flight 28NOV that hasn’t posted... Almost a week has passed. Incredible.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Flights from 28th not posted. Maybe they thought the Finnairplus-event was rewarding enough?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:38 pm

I wonder what the logic behind all this is. It sure sounds like "Marja is resposible for Wednesdays, and she's been home to tend to her sick kid all week so there's a backlog" and "Ville, who is in charge of Fridays, is always superefficient and manages to clear points in just 48 hours".
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
All my AY metal flights just cleared, the last ones from Dec 2. The AY codeshare flight operated by CX from Dec 1 is still in limbo. And for maximum fun, I'm left to wonder if my two flights from UL will ever clear - they appeared in the "will be credited soon" list in the Finnair app but are now gone. The first one was on Nov 27th. Normally, nothing I'd get anxious about, but right now every point counts for status purposes...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Flights from 28th not posted. Maybe they thought the Finnairplus-event was rewarding enough?
+1

Originally Posted by ffay005
I wonder what the logic behind all this is. It sure sounds like "Marja is resposible for Wednesdays, and she's been home to tend to her sick kid all week so there's a backlog" and "Ville, who is in charge of Fridays, is always superefficient and manages to clear points in just 48 hours".
More likely the development strategy "80% is good enough, and the rest we fix in next sprint". But since your development team also introduces new bugs with every release, there is always at least 20% of the system that is incomplete/faulty...
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I had one MH flight which did not post to my FP account. Asked missing points via the form and got a reply that the booking class was such that no points are awarded. I started to wonder should the flight still be posted and counted in segments even no points are given?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:09 am

If it's not points-eligible, then it's not segment-eligible, either.
Tapio likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Had a long spell of everything working smoothly - flights posted within 3-5 days for months. Now my OUL return from exactly a week ago is still in limbo and somehow I feel this will take a manual reclaim...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I also can report that missing legs in the middle of itinenary which makes no sense but who cares they will eventullly post later always...
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Still no Nov28 flights have posted. Nov 29 and Dec1 have. Annoying. Not a big deal, but those flights requalify me for Plat, but I have until end of April (with no chance of Lumo).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.