Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
AA flights from 20FEB were posted today, 22FEB.
AY flight from 17FEB, not posted.
in my experience AA always post super fast, never slower than AY
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Finally. AY flight 17FEB, posted 24FEB.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
Anyone here understand _why_ it takes so bloody long for the points to post? They already have all the information in their systems, so there shouldn’t be any manual steps involved. Not that it matters much in most cases, but the fact that I don’t understand it bugs me.

Of my two flights on Feb 16, one posted today, the other one is still pending.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by _ra_
Anyone here understand _why_ it takes so bloody long for the points to post? They already have all the information in their systems, so there shouldn’t be any manual steps involved. Not that it matters much in most cases, but the fact that I don’t understand it bugs me.

Not with certainty, but I guess:

An automated system that creates liabilities needs constant auditing.
Constant auditing needs to be automated.
Automation means IT-based as staff costs are high.
IT-system needs auditing.

And finally: If you have questionable IT-quality you need auditing of the auditing of the auditing.
frha01 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:01 am

I'm still missing a flight from 12th Feb but one of the flights flown 16th was credited allready some days ago. Others from the latter date still missing. This is really worth of following up as in December I started to look after my flights flown during autumn and it was quite a few missing. When I called CS they did immediately find the flights and they were credited on my account.

- sulkkis
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by _ra_

Could be a countermeasure for any Lumo-by-segments run, any sane person soon loses interest as you have not only to do segment-runs to get the segments but also hunt down CS to get them credited.

Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I have a flight from Feb 15 that hasn’t posted. I have retro-registered and emailed platinum service. Still nothing. Not a huge deal, but annoying.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by ffay005

I just sent an email about my inflight purchases from the 21st of January. I received a reply within 14 minutes telling me that the points might be posted next week and that it takes up to 1 month for the points to post.
These points never posted so after the one month that was mentioned in the email, I resent my message and asked if they would kindly now add the points. Received a reply and a promise to do something about it. Finally today, 16MAR, I received my whopping 68 points for a purchase made on 21JAN. I wonder if it's worth the hassle
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Had an AA flight Saturday morning, points were on my AY Plus account today (Sunday). If only AY would ever do the same.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Is it just me, or has AY finally managed to get their act together and post flights in a relatively timely manner. My HEL-BKK flight from Wednesday posted on Saturday and the BKK - HEL from Monday is already credited. ~3 days for posting those points is within acceptable limits for me.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Flights from past weekend - AA next day, BA +2, AY still waiting...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Is it just me, or has AY finally managed to get their act together and post flights in a relatively timely manner. My HEL-BKK flight from Wednesday posted on Saturday and the BKK - HEL from Monday is already credited. ~3 days for posting those points is within acceptable limits for me.
My last two AY flights were credited really fast. First one the following day from flying and the second one +1 or 2 days from flying depending if you count the time difference or not. I don't recall the last time when I had received points from AY this fast so hopefully a new pattern will emerge.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I find it quite amusing that in cases where you get the "Please give feedback about your previous flight" email, it is sent almost right after the boarding finishes, but posting points for the same flight will take almost a week and sometimes can even require a retroclaim.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Still haven't seen DC or MC points from March. Let alone my last six flights, the first two of them were on Wednesday morning and it's Sunday night now...
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
So I had the following itinerary credited to my account as such:

AA 0379 (I) CLT-MIA + 1313 + 1313
AY 5664 (I) LHR-CLT + 14137 + 14137
AY 4028 (I) MIA-LHR + 15682 + 15682

With AY4028 (AA operated) I reached Gold status and the points posted to my account before the next flight (AY 5664). According to the table I should have received the 15% bonus but didn't. I e-mailed the gold account address but have yet to hear a reply. How long do they typically take to respond, and do you think they'll correct this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.