Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Thanks for sharing and all the best to your relative!

When you transit you can keep other flyers updated by posting on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...meetup-75.html . The page also has a wiki listing flyers with dates and times. Safe flights!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:31 pm

Afaik final boss level status bonuses is 500k.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by reflektia
Afaik final boss level status bonuses is 500k.
AFAIU, story mode ends at 150k. 500k must be OCD.

Though it blows my mind how can somebody get that many tier points in a year, even if flying exclusively Finnair-marketed Bisnetic. One Asia-Europe round-trip a month?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:42 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by Courmisch
AFAIU, story mode ends at 150k. 500k must be OCD.

Though it blows my mind how can somebody get that many tier points in a year, even if flying exclusively Finnair-marketed Bisnetic. One Asia-Europe round-trip a month?
You may have hit the key word! No need to pursue further.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:05 am
R2

From scratch to Lifetime Plat takes one Europe-Asia round trip on AY C every month for 8.5 years. It is not uncommon in certain roles / companies for this type of travel pattern. I had a boss previously who had his office in HKG, home in SYD and - in addition to frequent intra-Asia travel - he had to go to London at least twice a month. Several times a year he would travel HKG-LHR twice a week for meetings. Of course as soon as you use other airlines you earn significantly less AY points.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:57 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
This morning AY181 HEL-DBV. Received my choice of newspapers before takeoff. When the drinks cart came, I asked for coffee and champagne (they go so well together!), nice FA asked if I had already received the newspapers, I said 'yes, thank you'. No muss, no fuss. (Although the young lady sitting beside me looked a bit perplexed.)
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
Not the right thread, but I had to ask for a newspaper on HEL-CPH...in J. Almost started to wonder if the papers are no more complimentary 😁
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
HEL-TXL-HEL in the end of last week. Outbound on Norra E190, inbound on Finnair A319. Both flights full, so no empty seat next to me. On both flights newspapers delivered already before take off (excellent), on outbound leg even offered choice of papers. On return Iltasanomat with seat number written on it. I asked for HS, which they unfortunately had run out of, but the FA took some effort and a moment later came to me with one, perhaps the pilot copy?

Drinks offered proactively and with a smile, extremely friendly service on both flights,except the head of cabin on return flight, who obviously had been eating just lemons for lunch, but se wasn't seen much in Y.

Excellent flights both, just the way to keep status customers in Y happy and loyal.

The only thing to complain is that AY has changed terminal at TXL operating now some of the flights from C, which is terrible barn, and some from A. For flight from TXL lounge staff called out boarding 70mins before departure!!! Of course there is quite a hike to terminal C, but this arrangement just doesn't work. I hope AY changed back to D, or had all the flights from A, or if either is not possible, made agreement with Weltburger lounge in C.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Don't know if this has been discussed in some thread already, but Finnair has replaced the old POS device they had on-board with new one. It's iOS based iPhone 7 Plus with a wireless bluetooth EMV terminal which is a huge improvement compared to old "brick".

In addition to that in the device screen they are shown a seat map view of the plane that indicates which seats are taken, and the status of the customers by color coding the seat icon: blue for non-status pax, silver for silvers, gold for gold, black for plat etc. When they click the seat, they will see your full name and some other information. All sales transactions are recorded separately to each seat, which means this will be a very powerful analytics tool once they will have enough data for customer behavior. Imagine: they have your full name, status, gender, who you are travelling with, and in many cases nationality, age, ticket class, where you bought the ticket, FF information etc.

But really to the point: with this device there is no excuse for cabin crew not to proactively provide the mentioned perks or try to charge for a complimentary drink for Plats.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Furry
very powerful analytics tool once they will have enough data for customer behavior
I hope they get a champagne and salad alert whenever I step onboard.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Furry
But really to the point: with this device there is no excuse for cabin crew not to proactively provide the mentioned perks or try to charge for a complimentary drink for Plats.
Damn it, they will probably keep better record of the free drinks. Now I won't be able to order one champagne from each FA.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum
I'm very happy for the staff that they got rid of the old machines, which were terrible. One issue with these new iThings I have noticed with KLM is the fact that I have several times faced an FA whose task it would be to welcome the passengers being so preoccupied with the tapping of the iPad that they haven't had time to say hi to people coming onboard.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Since some time last year, the purser comes greet Mr Platinum Self-sufficient Courmisch early and asks if s/he can do anything to make my journey more comfortable.

What that all along secret code for "do you want free champagne"? I naively always answered that, no, I was fine but thanks anyway.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:23 pm

Since some time last year, the purser comes greet Mr Platinum Self-sufficient Courmisch early and asks if s/he can do anything to make my journey more comfortable.

What that all along secret code for "do you want free champagne"? I naively always answered that, no, I was fine but thanks anyway.
We should prepare a list of smart answers, so I could also avoid always answering "no, I'm fine".
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I hope they get a champagne and salad alert whenever I step onboard.
Yes they do when you pass the gate agent - the exact text is as follows "General alert! Mr cistavoda approaches aircraft, put all champagne and salad behind safe locks!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.