Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
400k TP per year is obviously not loyal enough - but hey, we got gamification!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:54 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Many years ago I received that Artek newspaper rack as X-mas gift. Nothing since, but we still use the rack = better than most X-mas gifts!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Some 7 years ago I was among the last ones to get platinum welcome gift though, and I got this steaming beuty, which is likely to outlive my platinumhood.

Last edited by intuition; Jun 9, 2017 at 7:37 am
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:45 am

Don`t know is this plat benefit or what, but I was flying HEL-HKG last week in J and they provided me mattress for my seat. Said that they are trying these with plats on this route and there was one other pax who got the mattress also.

Really good flight overall, except wifi didn`t worked at all but they gave me 10,000 AY points for that what was more than generous!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
That's really good! Something we've been hoping for quite some time, right?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:15 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt
That's really good! Something we've been hoping for quite some time, right?
Right!
... and all it took was for SK to start fly ARN-HKG...

Still, AY has nothing on the Vantage XL in 1-2-1 config SK uses, but at least AY69 magically lands on time these days.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:14 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Leo123
Don`t know is this plat benefit or what, but I was flying HEL-HKG last week in J and they provided me mattress for my seat. Said that they are trying these with plats on this route and there was one other pax who got the mattress also.
Wednesday HEL-PVG I also tried the mattress. Purser said another passenger was trying another type of mattress. It made the bed a bit more comfortable, but I've never found the new seats to be that uncomfortable to begin with.

Very good crew, at the beginning of the flight the purser came to introduce himself etc.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum
I can't wait to try this on HEL-NRT next month. I hope they're still testing it at that point.

Is the seat adjustable at all while it's mounted or are you stuck in the bottom position if you want to temporarily do something like move your stuff around?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by heatsink
I can't wait to try this on HEL-NRT next month. I hope they're still testing it at that point.

Is the seat adjustable at all while it's mounted or are you stuck in the bottom position if you want to temporarily do something like move your stuff around?
You can definitely move your seat in any position you want. Here`s picture of the seat with mattress.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Well, it sounds like I've got something to look forward to on my upcoming HEL-SIN and SIN-HEL flights. I hope the mattress is offered on those, too. Both are night flights.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by Leo123
You can definitely move your seat in any position you want. Here`s picture of the seat with mattress.
Nice! Thanks for the pic!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
No drinks are available as a benefit unless SkyBistro concept (=products are sold) is used.
That's correct. Free Plat drink is only available when there is a Sky Bistro sales available. On ARN flights there is no Sky Bistro sales so no free Plat drinks are offered. However some FA's tend to give Drinks from the C-class trolley to Plats sitting in Y but this not the correct procedure. BMA flights are operated with ATR planes and therefore has a longer flight time and there is also Sky Bistro sales available so free Plat drinks also. FA's need to register every complimentary Plat drink to the sales device together with the seat number of the Plat so that needs some typing.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Why did they go to certain pax and offer them a beverage, including my seatmate on my ARN-HEL flight?
They didn't follow the correct procedure. This is problematic for those FA's who follow the rules and get angry reactions from Plats who tell they got the drink last time. Service is consistent only if everyone plays with the same rules.

Originally Posted by lkrt
This is the link to the current Sky Bistro menu. On page 8, it says that Sky Bistro is not available for RIX, STO (meaning ARN as this is the AY version), LED or TLL – nor the "short domestic routes". In addition to that, the Finnair webpage mentions on RIX flights they only serve juice and there is no service at all to TLL, TKU and TMP.
It all depends on the aircraft type here. If your flight to RIX or LED is operated with ATR plane there is a Sky Bistro sales and complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water (without fresh products such as sandwiches because those are never catered to ATR planes). Then if your flight to RIX or LED is for some reason (very rarely on these two routes) operated by Embraer or Airbus there is no Sky Bistro because flight time is shorter when flown by jet plane.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I've had cups of water passed out on TKU-HEL numerous times.
Officially there is no service at all on TKU, TMP and TLL routes. But TKU flight is often a triangle flight HEL-MHQ-TKU-HEL or vice versa and each sector is only about 20-25 minutes (except HEL-MHQ which is usually 45mins) This means that pax who board from MHQ and fly to HEL through TKU are sitting almost 1,5 hours in the plane without any service and therefore FA's sometimes offer at least water even though no service is mandatory on that route.

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 13, 2017 at 9:49 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:29 am

no matress on AY51 Monday. Guess the business light flights don't count .
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
Finally got around to clicking on the link in the summer gift email. The URL has "TOP1000" in it... How they rank members is beyond me. My measly 200k per year (albeit for many years runnin), all in coach, seem to qualify me, but 400k per year isn't enough to qualify WilcoRoger...

Last edited by _ra_; Jun 14, 2017 at 6:49 am
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by _ra_
... How they rank members is beyond me. My measly 200k per year (albeit for many years runnin), all in coach, seem to qualify me, but 400k per year isn't enough to qualify WilcoRoger...
Number of consecutive years as plat?

I know it is something they keep track of, I've had comments made by agents about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.