Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free drinks for AY Plats [and other experience reports of Plat recognition]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by _ra_
Finally got around to clicking on the link in the summer gift email. The URL has "TOP1000" in it... How they rank members is beyond me. My measly 200k per year (albeit for many years runnin), all in coach, seem to qualify me, but 400k per year isn't enough to qualify WilcoRoger...
I got the same email, but the link appears to be incorrect. It only takes me to the Finnair shop main page. Would you be willing to PM your link to me?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Today AY sent me two daytickets to the Flow Festival as a thank you for my loyalty this year. Anybody else got these?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by lkrt
Today AY sent me two daytickets to the Flow Festival as a thank you for my loyalty this year. Anybody else got these?
What a nice gesture! What way did they arrive, snail mail?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:08 am

No, but I got invitation to Savonlinna Opera Festival. Not gonna use it tho.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
What a nice gesture! What way did they arrive, snail mail?
Agreed! They sent a pre-email today asking for my confirmation, after which they're going to send the tickets per email.

It's funny they'd send me a pair of Flow tickets and someone else a pair of Opera Party tickets. I guess they do some bit of a research, or do they just think my young age is enough?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Agreed! They sent a pre-email today asking for my confirmation, after which they're going to send the tickets per email.

It's funny they'd send me a pair of Flow tickets and someone else a pair of Opera Party tickets. I guess they do some bit of a research, or do they just think my young age is enough?
indeed - ageal profiling?

I'd rather take the opera tickets, but sadly Finnair Plus Lifetime Basic membership doesn't come with the aforementioned benefits.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
Originally Posted by napapiiri
I got the same email, but the link appears to be incorrect. It only takes me to the Finnair shop main page. Would you be willing to PM your link to me?
Mine only took me to the main page as well -- in Safari. When I copy-pasted the same link to Firefox, I got to the gift selection page. If that doesn't work, I can pm the link to you.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
The free drink platinum benefit is advertised as:

You and your travel companion will receive a free drink and a newspaper when flying in Finnair Economy Class.

I've had a number of flights where we were two on the booking and indeed both of us got NF and a paper. Any experience on "how far" one can go with the number of travel companions, or is this strictly a "+1" benefit, like the lounge access. Of course I'm not expecting that in case of a group booking everyone would get a champagne, but on my next flight we'll be three of us on one booking.

Any experience?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:06 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
The free drink platinum benefit is advertised as:

You and your travel companion will receive a free drink and a newspaper when flying in Finnair Economy Class.

I've had a number of flights where we were two on the booking and indeed both of us got NF and a paper. Any experience on "how far" one can go with the number of travel companions, or is this strictly a "+1" benefit, like the lounge access. Of course I'm not expecting that in case of a group booking everyone would get a champagne, but on my next flight we'll be three of us on one booking.

Any experience?
Last summer my wife and I got champagne, two kids got sodas.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Last summer my wife and I got champagne, two kids got sodas.
+1

Me + wife + three kids, always gotten two champagnes and three sodas, no questions asked.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:47 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
This morning onboard A359 to LHR there were only one day old foreign papers available. The three Finnish papers there used to be have been moved to internet! Definitely not a blessing for poor plebs without AY Plat card, who must pay for the onboard wifi use or are restricted to one free hour only. I did not get to know if the papers were available without logging in the wifi the conventional way. This is only test period from 1st June ending somewhere in August, I was told.

Last edited by TTL; Jun 19, 2017 at 10:55 am Reason: ...wifi use...
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by TTL
This morning onboard A359 to LHR there were only one day old foreign papers available. The three Finnish papers there used to be have been moved to internet! Definitely not a blessing for poor plebs without AY Plat card, who must pay for the onboard or are restricted to one free hour only. I did not get to know if the papers were available without logging in the wifi the conventional way. This is only test period from 1st June ending somewhere in August, I was told.
Are you talking about papers for J pax?
Yes, that would indeed be strange to claim to offer them for free and then move them behind the paywall of internet access. However, there is a wifi portal which is accessible without log in, so they could have been placed there. But then again, they would be free for everyone.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:54 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by intuition
Are you talking about papers for J pax?
Yes. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...97977535476220
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by _ra_
Mine only took me to the main page as well -- in Safari. When I copy-pasted the same link to Firefox, I got to the gift selection page. If that doesn't work, I can pm the link to you.
Still just the main shop page. I tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. I would really appreciate it if you would be willing to PM me your link. Cheers!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Compare this to SK that offers free download of hundreds of newspapers and magazines at time of check in (T-22).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.