Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No lounge for any LH pax in HEL: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounges
Pre covid times for the early morning flights (flights departing before SAS lounge opening hours), LH was giving breakfast vouchers to be used at nearby restaurants/cafes. It was something like 15 - 18 EUR voucher and if you had +1 they would give two vouchers.
Maybe too optimistic in current times but there might be very small possibility that they might be giving some vouchers if you ask.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:00 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I sense a great business opportunity here for Finnair. Cut all lounges and then sell as a ancillary service "breakfast vouchers". Charge 25€ for a 15€ cupon that can be used at the prohivetly expensive airside establishemnts.
Then everyone can tailor the trip to their needs and Finnair gets money for nothing. Win-win.
Helsinki Flyer and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by lento
Pre covid times for the early morning flights (flights departing before SAS lounge opening hours), LH was giving breakfast vouchers to be used at nearby restaurants/cafes. It was something like 15 - 18 EUR voucher and if you had +1 they would give two vouchers.
Maybe too optimistic in current times but there might be very small possibility that they might be giving some vouchers if you ask.
I'll ask and report back. Next flight is on 8th of April.
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:40 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No lounge for any LH pax in HEL: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounges
Depends on having PP or not. And a long walk. Pitiful anyhow.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
I sense a great business opportunity here for Finnair. Cut all lounges and then sell as a ancillary service "breakfast vouchers". Charge 25€ for a 15€ cupon that can be used at the prohivetly expensive airside establishemnts.
Then everyone can tailor the trip to their needs and Finnair gets money for nothing. Win-win.
Don't give them ideas
Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
What is so interesting about AY Plus now?

Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
What is so interesting about AY Plus now?

Obviously, it is us. Or the AY+ team and their extended family got the homework of doing a research of what customers think about AY+
jimmathin and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold

A restaurant in Hakaniemi caters both FT and non-FT customers.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by r2d2

A restaurant in Hakaniemi caters both FT and non-FT customers.
next meetup do
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
I love how finnairshop.com advertises Pointshound, a service that no longer exists.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:45 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The sustainability goals for Qantas green tier can be shortened to 4 words “give us more money”
At least some of the ways to achive green should be appealing though:

Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Came across this BW article (clicked as I thought they would be putting me in First class). Haven't cringed this much in a while, so have to rant a little It's rather telling in the way these posts are written that there's little idea of what "putting you (presumably they refer to customers here) first" actually means... Personal favorites:

So they put me as a customer first by:
  • "offering as much choice as possible" -> doesn't take a very experienced service designer to figure out maximum choice is a big damn problem if you actually want to get people to buy something easily. Classic paradox of choice stuff right here. They also allow me to "design the experience you want to have for your journey". C'mon, it's your job to design the experience, I'm not interested in co-designing a unique commodity commuter flight experience with you every time I travel. WTH do I pay you money for
  • being "led by technology" -> this is classic digitalization höpöhöpö, thinking that technology comes first and somehow makes you as a company more customer focused (not even gonna touch on the execution of that "technology")
  • Allowing me to make changes to my booking on Finnair.com easily. -> I'll believe it when I see it!
  • By enabling me to make all kinds of decisions regardless of the class I fly in -> again, I'm not really interested in making a huge load of decisions to consume a commodity product. You should be making my life easier, not harder.
  • By making "sure that Finnair’s team of designers and engineers have worked hard to keep the weight of the aircraft down, making it as sustainable as possible in the process." Where's the customer in this? Why do you say you're putting me first if your designers are focusing on the aircraft weight? Is it someone else then who puts me first? How do I contact them?
Ok ok, I know, useless to rant about corporate PR lingo, but had to rant a little
ffay005, intuition, FFlash and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by SuloL
C'mon, it's your job to design the experience, I'm not interested in co-designing a unique commodity commuter flight experience with you every time I travel.
You’re supposed to pre-select your choices or else your journey isn’t sustainable!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Don't know if already posted but AY partnership with NoHo restaurants ending in 14th April.

https://www.finnairshop.com/fi/royal-restaurants

So buy your vouchers before if you want to dine "cheaply" before Oct (validity 6 months from issue). This has been one of the best value perks in Finnair shop.
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
I'll ask and report back. Next flight is on 8th of April.
Nope, nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.