Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by intuition
Beerhats?

Absolutely. The photographer was also wearing one.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Forget the sombreros, they take up too much space and cost too much. Fake mustaches -- Pancho Villa-style -- on board the Finnair flights will help Finnair burn less fuel than the same number of sombreros.
FFlash, Steve_Hun and kauppias like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Forget the sombreros, they take up too much space and cost too much. Fake mustaches -- Pancho Villa-style -- on board the Finnair flights will help Finnair burn less fuel than the same number of sombreros.
but big enough sombrero works as a seat block
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by cistavoda
but big enough sombrero works as a seat block
And it is not an imaginary one
r2d2, FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
And those would be salad hats, btw.
cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by strx

Absolutely. The photographer was also wearing one.

Argh, I wonder what those guys behind were thinking
facepalm
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlash
Argh, I wonder what those guys behind were thinking
facepalm
The guys behind were too busy looking at glaring screens to notice the scenery around them?

But the mask-wearing passenger behind them was very deep in thought. Like dream deep.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
OT even for this thread, but non-the-less interesting development:

Qatar Airways Privilege Club is set to adopt Avios on a 1:1 ratio from Qmiles, giving you more power to choose how you spend the rewards of your loyalty.

Avios | Qatar Airways
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:11 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Interesting. Will it be both ways? I can't see any detailing on how it is meant to work, but if you can move Qmiles <-> Avios freely back-and-forth on a 1:1 basis, that would be a industry first and very interesting. In my case, not a BAEC member, but with a stash ov Qmiles that are hard to redeem, I could see myself moving them to BAEC if interesting redemptions are avilable.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Essentially, QR are replacing their current Qmiles with Avios at 1:1. What this means vis-à-vis IAG is currently not clear.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:17 am
Suspended

Not a good development for consumers. This will likely hasten the devaluation trend, and award availability using partner program currencies will probably change faster because of such developments too.

QR will still have its program for status earning/retention/benefits, but the rebate currency for those using its program will be in the Avios realm. The QR rebate currency gets moved into -- and stuck in -- Avios, and there's not much QR program customers can do about that. Avios points won't move into QR's program.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:22 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Aha. Ouch.

So one will earn Qpoints and Avios, but they will still be inside QRPC account and any redemptions on eg BA will be via a partner award table (ie likely more expensive than a direct BAEC award) and availability will also be as partner awards (likely also worse).

Pretty useless for a QR flyer.
mpkz likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:25 am
Suspended

I don't see any major benefits coming out of this for my earning miiles/points from QR flights for use on QR flights. I am not looking forward to what this will mean for my use of AA and AS miles for QR flights. [I don't usually have enough AY points to get much of anything out of the AY account, but whatever this means for AA and AS mile users for QR flights are likely to be at least somewhat reflective of what it means for AY redemptions for QR flights.]
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Aha. Ouch.

So one will earn Qpoints and Avios, but they will still be inside QRPC account and any redemptions on eg BA will be via a partner award table (ie likely more expensive than a direct BAEC award) and availability will also be as partner awards (likely also worse).

Pretty useless for a QR flyer.
Any possibility to transfer to another avios account?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
Any possibility to transfer to another avios account?
The jury is still out. But IB and BA allows to move across. Guess IAG Loyalty hopes for this with QRPC as well, as it makes Avios more valuable for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.