Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by kauppias
A dashingly handsome gentleman onboard I see 😀😀
No, I wasn't assuming you're the chap also sitting in row 1, like a proper OWE "should." Not "kauppias #2", but this particular row 1 chap with Platinum didn't make a fuss and properly has a pieruverkkarit attire. Absolutely zero pretentiousness about him. He was the only other C passenger I noticed getting extra AY+ attention. However "kauppias #2" is also suitably comfortable with his attire. Just had the idea of it perhaps being someone like you, since his hand luggage is very optimal. A bit different than my own, but clearly HBO oriented and seasoned.

Originally Posted by kauppias
Perhaps the DYKWMHI was hinting that her husband should get a complimentary upgrade to the seat next to her 🤣😀 I have heard those conversations quite often...
Ah, good point. Didn't realise that rationale. There's actually at least one seat free, so technically it would have been doable.

Originally Posted by FFlash
TBH, IMO your description doesnt ring any DYKWIA bell at me, neither cringe. But then, I was not onboard and didnt experience the chat like you did so there is certainly a difference in the received perception.
Well, not a very strong DYKWIA event per say, but on a Finnair flight I hardly ever tend to encounter ones. It was just amusing/cringe how she had to make aware of her husband and I assume she too had some AY+ status, based on the order of in-flight service. It was just making me roll my eyes from overhearing it. This is after all the höpö thread, so I thought maybe I should share some light-hearted banter with you. Of course I can cause a proper DYKWIA scene to counterbalance her, if that makes the thread better - after all, I had no OWE recognition, so my feelings might be hurt.

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Since this is höpöhöpö, I can tell that our youngest recently turned 18, and is very worried about traveling without access to lounges etc. I have created a monster!
Haha, awesome!

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Mar 16, 2022 at 6:40 am
Old Mar 16, 2022, 8:47 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Since this is höpöhöpö, I can tell that our youngest recently turned 18, and is very worried about traveling without access to lounges etc. I have created a monster!
Just wait until junior wants to spend saturday night away and it turns out she has plans to go to DEL for a quick-turnaround to get that status on her own!
ffay005, SPBanker, avermat and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:45 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Just wait until junior wants to spend saturday night away and it turns out she has plans to go to DEL for a quick-turnaround to get that status on her own!
Fine... As long as its not on my dime!
intuition likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Those of you who take the train to HEL airport: isn't the old path to the terminal (priority security) still the quickest/shortest? It feels that the new way makes a long detour.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: *G, AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by kanamurva
Those of you who take the train to HEL airport: isn't the old path to the terminal (priority security) still the quickest/shortest? It feels that the new way makes a long detour.
Much shorter and quicker: I hope they don't enhance it away.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm in a sort of tricky situation here. The hotel in SIN is a lot cheaper if I book a nonrefundalbe rate. My flight is three weeks from now, 05APR. And AY has already amended the schedule, adding in extra flight time and thus a new arrival time at SIN. So I have all the reason to believe that they intend to operate the flight. But dare I book a nonrefundable hotel rate? I've stuck to refundable rates only during covid, but the saving is substantial...
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by strx
Much shorter and quicker: I hope they don't enhance it away.
Once the security moves to the new terminal building, the new entrance from the railway station will be closer to it, so at that point the old route doesn't matter anymore (except if T1 is still being used at that point).
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I tend to take the new route since I can go to the lounge at the same time, plus I like the elevators better but ai havent really noticed that its any longer
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'm in a sort of tricky situation here. The hotel in SIN is a lot cheaper if I book a nonrefundalbe rate. My flight is three weeks from now, 05APR. And AY has already amended the schedule, adding in extra flight time and thus a new arrival time at SIN. So I have all the reason to believe that they intend to operate the flight. But dare I book a nonrefundable hotel rate? I've stuck to refundable rates only during covid, but the saving is substantial...
I book non refundable rooms when the savings are significant, I would assume insurance will cover your room rate if ay completely cancels service to SIN...
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
In case anyone's interested, Finnair is now looking for Retention Manager to Finnair Plus program.

One of the areas of responsibility is "Coordinate award flight & cabin class upgrade availability, rules, and pricing together with revenue management "
r2d2, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by lkrt
In case anyone's interested, Finnair is now looking for Retention Manager to Finnair Plus program.

One of the areas of responsibility is "Coordinate award flight & cabin class upgrade availability, rules, and pricing together with revenue management "
The Head of loyalty looking for already 3rd manager to is group tells someting about retention of their staff?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:13 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt
Can't help but wondering - is this a sign of them knowing something is seriously wrong with upgrades? Or is it a sign of them planning to even further reduce availability of voucher upgrades?

The description
Ultimate objective is to grow the value of Finnair Plus member base, generate revenue and activate Finnair Plus members with attractive and commercially sound promotions, accrual & redemption offering and communication. Your success will be measured with KPIs such as Finnair Plus member activity, revenue, and upsell.
indicates they are looking to extract more money, not retain loyalty.
Even the usage of "retention" signals something. They are not aiming to build loyalty, they are aiming to minimize the loss of loyalty, ie trying to retain loyalty despite making it less attractive for the customer to stay loyal.

Originally Posted by FFlash
The Head of loyalty looking for already 3rd manager to is group tells someting about retention of their staff?
Well, at least it says the new manager has decided and has accept for a team shake-up. It doesn't necesarily mean change of staff. Last time they hired it was a fake job listing - posting the job as part of maintaining equal-opportunity-theatre. It might be that this time too. They might already have the final candidate, they just need to list the job due to company policy.

To me it seems the new manager has incentive to grow the team with more managers. Some of the responsibilities listed were previous the responsibility of the loyalty manager. A.k.a. making a career by inserting new managers below yourself.

Continuing guessing, this job will be an extremely difficult one, as the role will need to fight all other stakeholders from a subordinate postition. They call it "mid-senior level" but the responsibilities list assistant stuff.

Last edited by intuition; Mar 17, 2022 at 1:18 am
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
I used the train to get to HEL for the first time in a long while the other day and went through the new terminal. It did feel quite long. So the quickest way would be to turn right after taking the escalators from the train platform?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Can't help but wondering - is this a sign of them knowing something is seriously wrong with upgrades? Or is it a sign of them planning to even further reduce availability of voucher upgrades?

The description

indicates they are looking to extract more money, not retain loyalty.
Even the usage of "retention" signals something. They are not aiming to build loyalty, they are aiming to minimize the loss of loyalty, ie trying to retain loyalty despite making it less attractive for the customer to stay loyal.

Well, at least it says the new manager has decided and has accept for a team shake-up. It doesn't necesarily mean change of staff. Last time they hired it was a fake job listing - posting the job as part of maintaining equal-opportunity-theatre. It might be that this time too. They might already have the final candidate, they just need to list the job due to company policy.

To me it seems the new manager has incentive to grow the team with more managers. Some of the responsibilities listed were previous the responsibility of the loyalty manager. A.k.a. making a career by inserting new managers below yourself.

Continuing guessing, this job will be an extremely difficult one, as the role will need to fight all other stakeholders from a subordinate postition. They call it "mid-senior level" but the responsibilities list assistant stuff.
I take your vewpoints here exactly same.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by GaryK84
I used the train to get to HEL for the first time in a long while the other day and went through the new terminal. It did feel quite long. So the quickest way would be to turn right after taking the escalators from the train platform?
I differ here from others. Havent clocked the two but for me the new pathway feels a bit shorter and more convenient, taking the lift.
I turn right only when going to T1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.